EET v13.4 released

Sounds good Roxanne. I'll just sit tight until it's all ready and you have a page back up on SHS.

One last EET related query, though:

If I understand correctly, Sandrah uses IWD. Will we need to have IWD-in-EET finalized before Sandrah is available, or is it truly only NTotSC?

Apologies if this isn't the right thread for mod-specific topics, that's my last one :)

Sounds good Roxanne. I'll just sit tight until it's all ready and you have a page back up on SHS.

One last EET related query, though:

If I understand correctly, Sandrah uses IWD. Will we need to have IWD-in-EET finalized before Sandrah is available, or is it truly only NTotSC?

Apologies if this isn't the right thread for mod-specific topics, that's my last one :)

IWD-in-EET is treated as an optional mod, i.e there is crossmod content and additional quests, You gain further insight into some plots that otherwise you just get from dialogues.

NTotSC is needed for the additional areas and creatures (and their story) that play a large role in later chapters of Sandrah (Field of Dead, General Ghotal, Temple of Black Hand, etc)

How long is the longest line of spawngrp.2da in eet?

attachicon.gifSPAWNGRP.2DA

Mods affecting SPAWNGRP.2DA:

(None)

Oh, much simpler than bgt then, thanks.

The file uploaded by Roxanne is exactly the same as my bgt/backup/0/spawngrp.2da (so i guess vanilla bg2 one ?).

BGT contains this include file that adds many entries to spawngrp.2da.

Doesn't EET do a similar modification ?

Edit: EET contains this code that does something with the file EET/temp/array/SPAWNGRP.2DA but i couldn't find a "temp" directory.

(None)

(None)

The file uploaded by Roxanne is exactly the same as my bgt/backup/0/spawngrp.2da (so i guess vanilla bg2 one ?).

Edit: EET contains this code that does something with the file EET/temp/array/SPAWNGRP.2DA but i couldn't find a "temp" directory.

This is the only version of file SPAWNGRP.2DA in my EET installation. Since the file is in my override directory (but not modified according to changelog check), one has to assume it is the one created by EET, right?

well... I don't think that changelog is reliable in an EET environment because some mods changed BG1EE part and others BG2EE (with EET).

I have not tried the new EET version (I wish i had time for that :( ), but changelog first EET (before SoD was out...) was not showing BG1 mods.

well... I don't think that changelog is reliable in an EET environment because some mods changed BG1EE part and others BG2EE (with EET).

I have not tried the new EET version (I wish i had time for that :( ), but changelog first EET (before SoD was out...) was not showing BG1 mods.

This is correct - if you refer to the post above, I verified my statement by looking at both games used. The one in BGEE is different from the one in BG2EE/EET (which is the one I posted).

Generally speaking - changelog is still reliable in EET, however you must keep in mind that you have to run it in both parts for those cases where a file is imported already by EET from BGEE part.

Edited by Roxanne

(None)

BG2:EE already has all SPAWNGRP.2DA columns from BG:EE in it by default so nothing new is added. EET has code that automatically appends new columns if present (so not via APPEND but by comparing files and using APPEND_COL) but I don't think any of the supported mods patch this file.

In the middle of the Dragonspear battle, the access to the rest of the world should be temporarily blocked. Currently, going to underground river and bloodbark grove is impossible while it is possible to go back to BG1 area.

(The moment I'm talking about is after the fights in the coalition camp and before the assault on the castle when you go from the camp to the castle.)

good idea.

Edited by K4thos

Do you still plan on releasing notes for modders? In my current playthrough i'm seeing a number of issues that aren't on EET's side but more on how X or Y mod adapts itself to EET (this happens mainly with mods that cover both BG1 and BG2), I think these will only be fixed by providing clear how-to to modders.

There is, expectedly some weird things with mods adding BG1 characters to BG2 and how other mods treat these as well.

Do you still plan on releasing notes for modders?

yes

In my current playthrough i'm seeing a number of issues that aren't on EET's side but more on how X or Y mod adapts itself to EET (this happens mainly with mods that cover both BG1 and BG2)

which mods? What problems?

I think these will only be fixed by providing clear how-to to modders.

if they are on compatibility list than there shouldn't be problems.

There is, expectedly some weird things with mods adding BG1 characters to BG2 and how other mods treat these as well.

like what? Details, please always post details. If you mean Kuylok's mods that adds BG1 NPCs to BG2 and the mod spawns new version of the NPC in BG2 than don't expect that it will be changed - Kuylok decided to use different DV for those NPCs and she is not interested in changing it.

Edited by K4thos

which mods? What problems?

@subtledoctor I'm on EET and there's a weird thing going on, I installed rogue feats which gave me a revised stalker, I noticed while playing through bg1 that the in game description was still the old stalker one. However, it fixes itself once I get to SoD and if I go back to an older save, the description is wrong again. Any idea on what might be causing this?

Sounds like a patch to the Stalker's row in clastext.2da didn't work, while the patch to sodcltxt.2da did work. Could be a typo on my end, or could be a complication caused by EET. Could be that when EET moves all the BGEE strings to new references, the strings attached to .2da files (clastext, sodcltxt, kitlist, etc.) get mixed up. Maybe it does some kind of jiggery-pokery that makes those files point to different strings in different campaigns... but of course the mod is only going to patch the file once, on the assumption that it is the BG2EE version of the file.

Also, apparently NPC_EE class changes to .cre files are not working at all on EET. (I haven't had time to test, myself, that's a 2nd-hand report.)

There seems to be a weidu problem with FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED command, which makes EET append more to 2DA and IDS files than it is supposed to. Just an information since it may be confusing opening up the file and seeing duplicated entries. Not sure how serious the problem is when it comes to playing the game. It will be fixed in RC7 (if weidu won't be updated I will switch to comparing files via VARIABLE_IS_SET using arrays).

edit: looks like weidu just have problem with end of line detection via $ regexp special character, so it's a matter of removing it (not really needed when analysing IDS and 2DA files)

Edited by K4thos