EET v13.4 released

The problem with npc EE isn't that it doesn't work at all but the class changes were applied to the BG2 versions of the characters (for xan and branwen, modded) and didn't work at all for dynaheir. They worked for Nalia though, I didn't try any other.

This seems like something that should be handled at either EET level (thought it might be complicated?) or at npc_ee level. Not sure what's the deal with dynaheir.

Edited by GrimLefourbe

The problem with npc EE isn't that it doesn't work at all but the class changes were applied to the BG2 versions of the characters (for xan and branwen, modded) and didn't work at all for dynaheir. They worked for Nalia though, I didn't try any other.

Just in case subtledoctor, here is a list of all renamed BG1 joinable NPC CRE files in EET:

"EDWIN7" => "EDWIN7_"
    "IMOEN6" => "IMOEN6_"
    "JAHEIR7" => "JAHEIR7_"
    "MINSC7" => "MINSC7_"
    "QUAYLE" => "QUAYLE_"
    "VICONI6" => "VICONI6_"
    "XAN" => "XAN_"
    "XZAR" => "XZAR_"

Sorry for staying vague btw, my RC4 playthrough I took a safe bunch of mods and there were close to no bugs from mods themselves but in this instance there are more mods I installed so I don't want to be worrying you by claiming it's EET when i'm not sure it's not.

As I said, I think what EET brings has been pretty much bug free for me. I'm trying to sort between different bugs i've noted but i'm trying to track down issues more precisely first. (I have some weird usability flags for a number of npcs/classes in BG2 but I don't think it's due to EET for example, it's probably due to one of the tweaks mod I used, but i'm not quite sure which one yet.)

I've only installed mods from the compatibility list and checked the install order through BWS (only exceptions is alternatives that I couldn't find on bws, I included it just after the quest pack as it is the only thing mentionned in the alternatives readme).

Sorry for staying vague btw, my RC4 playthrough I took a safe bunch of mods and there were close to no bugs from mods themselves but in this instance there are more mods I installed so I don't want to be worrying you by claiming it's EET when i'm not sure it's not.

As I said, I think what EET brings has been pretty much bug free for me. I'm trying to sort between different bugs i've noted but i'm trying to track down issues more precisely first. (I have some weird usability flags for a number of npcs/classes in BG2 but I don't think it's due to EET for example, it's probably due to one of the tweaks mod I used, but i'm not quite sure which one yet.)

I've only installed mods from the compatibility list and checked the install order through BWS (only exceptions is alternatives that I couldn't find on bws, I included it just after the quest pack as it is the only thing mentionned in the alternatives readme).

~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #999 // Remove Anyone Identifier in EA.ids: v1.5 BETA_20160522

~AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #0 // Ascalon's Questpack: 2.00b_160119

~ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternatives: v11

~DSOTSC/DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dark Side of the Sword Coast (DSotSC): v3.0

I did a similar thing regarding Alternatives - there is no issue with the mod, I even took one of their alternative paths to get to Brynlaw.

Cannot comment on tweak mods, I use none of them at this time - I want to see how the EET game looks without them and decide which ones may really enhance the NEW game (none of them was originally designed to enhance EET but some other games).

Edited by Roxanne

Mazzy talks about the death of her companions while still inside the temple, I don't remember this happening in BG2 but maybe I just did things differently, I don't use mazzy very often.

This talk is part of the mazzy friendship mod.

I've found an "invalid : 9999999" item as well, looking it up on eekeeper says it comes from an Argent77 mod, i'm not sure what makes an item turn into this, could it be another mod and just bad luck that it's a A7!xxxx item ? I'll report it to him as well.

Also wondering, is there any good way to check what modified an item's usability ? My fighter/mage (kitted as bladesinger from Might and Guile) can't use the stoneskin scroll while a plain fighter/mage can.

I actually doubt these are due to EET but advice for better testing is welcome.

Also wondering, is there any good way to check what modified an item's usability ? My fighter/mage (kitted as bladesinger from Might and Guile) can't use the stoneskin scroll while a plain fighter/mage can.

I think the Bladesinger uses the fighter/mage class flag, and the Archer kit flag. Scrolls really shouldn't be flagged as unusable by kits (right??).

If necessary I can add some code to make sure all wizard scrolls are usable by the Archer kit - doing so should cause no problems otherwise because they will still be unusable by Rangers generally (including Archers).

Hey guys. I am trying to get a proper worldmap working, but no matter what I do, I always end-up with the small paper map, which almost totally defeats the purpose of installing EET!

I have versions 2.3.67 of GOG Baldur's Gates & SoD, on their own dedicated SSD drive, and am running Windows 7 ultimate.

I modmerged BGee first, installed EET on BG2ee, installed patched BP BGT Worldmap, and finalized EET. No other mods, and I even tried it without the BP Worldmap.

(FYI) K4thos, the logs with question marks all throughout were caused by not "running as administrator". I ran everything as administrator now.

From the Weidu log:
~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // Initialise EET (first mod in install order): 1.0 RC6
~EET_CORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Core EET (game importation): 1.0 RC6
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons: v10.2.1
~EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternative EET GUI (SoD)
~EET_END.TP2~ #0 #1 // Finalise EET (last mod in install order)

The Worldmap .debug

http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/h6RcHDvN/file.html

And the EET debug files:

http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/kcN1DqGI/file.html
http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/P1rFUEXB/file.html
http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/VPYFYZ3j/file.html

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Gladius

In the middle of the Dragonspear battle, the access to the rest of the world should be temporarily blocked. Currently, going to underground river and bloodbark grove is impossible while it is possible to go back to BG1 area.

(The moment I'm talking about is after the fights in the coalition camp and before the assault on the castle when you go from the camp to the castle.)

good idea.

The two maps (bloodbark grove and underground river) stay impossible to go to during BG2 by the way.

Hello,

I've installed BGEE (+SOD), Then BGEE mods, then EET firt part on clean BG2EE, them EET end part.

Everything ended in success.

I started to play and everything is fine except a very small detail up to now.

When I use F5 shortcut for trap detecting/disarm the chat window goes above the shortcut bar and I have to escape to the main menu and go back to the game so I can access it again..

If i click directly on shortcut for traps there are no problems (so it is just anoying, not blocking)

Any idea why ?

Installing EET activates the UI Edit Mode by default, pressing F5 resets the UI, you can also move around the pieces of the UI by using F11. K4thos has been notified of the issue with F5 and it will be removed from the default settings of EET. You can remove the setting from your baldur.lua or you can bind thieving to another button (I use T for example), i'd suggest using the second method as the UI Edit mode is practical and it's pretty easy getting used to a different shortcut. I used to use F5 as well until UI Edit mode got released.

I've discovered a bug in the script action TakeItemListPartyNum() which heavily affects the item importation process during the SoD/SoA transition. Apparently TakeItemListPartyNum() doesn't properly transfers items found in bags or cases. The items are removed from the inventory, but not added to the target container.

Since EET uses a Bag of Holding for temporarily storing items for importation every instance of TakeItemListPartyNum() will fail to work. You can reproduce it with this sequence of commands for the debug console in the SoA starting dungeon:

C:CreateItem("BAG04")
C:Eval('AddStoreItem("BAG04","MISC73",1,1)')
C:CreateItem("RING25")
C:Eval('ActionOverride("Picture1",TakeItemListPartyNum("IMPORT03",2))')

The code should create a bag of holding, put item MISC73 (The Horn of Kazgaroth) into the bag, create item RING25 (Koveras's Ring of Protection) directly in the active character's inventory and transfer both items to the container behind the picture in the room with starting equipment. Currently it removes both items, but only puts the ring into the target container.

I've discovered a bug in the script action TakeItemListPartyNum() which heavily affects the item importation process during the SoD/SoA transition. ApparentlyTakeItemListPartyNum() doesn't properly transfers items found in bags or cases. The items are removed from the inventory, but not added to the target container.

For what it's worth, I have discovered a bug with TakePartyItemNum as well. If several calls of this function that take the same item are present in a single code block, only one would actually take place, i.e.:

TakePartyItemNum("potn24",1)   DestroyItem("potn24")
TakePartyItemNum("potn42",1)   DestroyItem("potn42")
TakePartyItemNum("potn42",1)   DestroyItem("potn42")

This only happens when the items are located in the characters' inventories. If they are sitting in bags or containers, the game will take all the items properly. Quite strange. The solution is to use a single call with an appropriate amount of items which appears to be working fine.

It might be a bit of a strange scenario and not entirely relevant to what argent77 said but I thought I'd mention it just in case for anyone who's interested.

During the BG2 part of my run, I went through the BG1 and SoD areas and tried to talk to as many npcs as I found to find events that needed changes or simply to be removed.

Here's the summary, it's not very long and it's not exhaustive because I already did a good part of the content during BG1. I'm not sure which formatting I should have adopted. It's mostly commoners and messengers that you'll meet on maps.

There is also an inconsistency with bears and dread wolves noted in the general section. Dread wolves are troll like in SoD but not in any other part of the game. Bears go red if you get too close to them in BG1 but if you meet bears in bg2 they are either red at the beginning or will not go red until attacked, it depends on the type of bears.

I think this should be made consistent, what do you think ?

Edited by GrimLefourbe