EET v13.4 released

I am planning to do a new EET install these days. A few days ago Weidu 2.40 has been released.

Has anyone already made experience with using the two together?

Should I rather wait for next EET release to take new Weidu into account?

(PS - looks like EET 6.3 has everything I would need, not sure if waiting for next release is necessary.)

I think this should be made consistent, what do you think ?

Erhm, no. Or...

The bears go red if you don't have a ranger or druid close to them while standing near them, if they are blue(neutral) originally. The hostile animals are hostile for reasons, like for example they would like to kill you cause they were summoned for that.. it's usually a story related matter... for example the woods between Nashkel and BG have bears in them, that's their "story", the entire thing. :evilplan: .. so it's actually consistent already, you just have to think to find the story. And also different bears have different aggression factors... like for example the Polar bears are always red cause they know they are hunted, and as they would like to eat your char... while the black bears prefer to hang out in the woods eating what ever they eat, things that are not entirely featured in the games environments, but would make sense to be there in them. Or do you lack the imagination to for that ? Good luck finding a game suited to make sense in that case ... cause it will be hard to find ANY.

.. but if you meet bears in bg2 they are either red at the beginning or will not go red until attacked, it depends on the type of bears.

Nope, it depends on what species the bear is and what scripts they are running.

The dread wolves... well have you found the witch/shaman/druid/whatever that made all the dread wolves capable to regen ? Did you ask him/her to also enhance the rest ? While s/he was hanged for thou war crimes.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Are you trolling?

The bears behaviour changes between BG1 and BG2 even if they are in the same area... It's normal that there are bears, it's not normal that they change behaviour at a point in the story.

This isn't lack of imagination, it's obviously that they change scripts between BG1 and BG2 and it doesn't make sense. 2 animals with the same name should only behave differently if there is an explicit reason for this.

Edit : It seems like every dread wolf should have regeneration per this : http://www.lomion.de/cmm/wolfdrea.php

Not sure if the SoD dread wolves are tagged as undead.

Edited by GrimLefourbe

I am planning to do a new EET install these days. A few days ago Weidu 2.40 has been released.

Has anyone already made experience with using the two together?

Should I rather wait for next EET release to take new Weidu into account?

(PS - looks like EET 6.3 has everything I would need, not sure if waiting for next release is necessary.)

I am also planning an install "soon" (in few days or weeks). So I am also interested in the answer :)

But I also have one question more : How can I be sure to use a specific version of weidu (example : Weidu 2.40) ?

Is it enough to launch weidu.exe (2.40 in this example) once in BG2EE directory before installing the 1st mod ?

A few days ago Weidu 2.40 has been released.

Does it mean we are ready for EET 1.0 release? Or do you want to wait for fog bug solution?

The answer is here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28161&do=findComment&comment=245436.

At least it is a major step towards it.

I just did a *mini installation* with weidu 2.40 (i.e. I updtated the *tail-end* of my EET game where my own mod and worldmap and EET-end are located) to test out the new journal capability of weidu. I had no problem with the installation and now mod quest journal entries are treated correctly.

I've discovered a bug in the script action TakeItemListPartyNum() which heavily affects the item importation process during the SoD/SoA transition. Apparently TakeItemListPartyNum() doesn't properly transfers items found in bags or cases. The items are removed from the inventory, but not added to the target container.

Since EET uses a Bag of Holding for temporarily storing items for importation every instance of TakeItemListPartyNum() will fail to work. You can reproduce it with this sequence of commands for the debug console in the SoA starting dungeon:

C:CreateItem("BAG04")

C:Eval('AddStoreItem("BAG04","MISC73",1,1)')

C:CreateItem("RING25")

C:Eval('ActionOverride("Picture1",TakeItemListPartyNum("IMPORT03",2))')

The code should create a bag of holding, put item MISC73 (The Horn of Kazgaroth) into the bag, create item RING25 (Koveras's Ring of Protection) directly in the active character's inventory and transfer both items to the container behind the picture in the room with starting equipment. Currently it removes both items, but only puts the ring into the target container.

I've discovered a bug in the script action TakeItemListPartyNum() which heavily affects the item importation process during the SoD/SoA transition. ApparentlyTakeItemListPartyNum() doesn't properly transfers items found in bags or cases. The items are removed from the inventory, but not added to the target container.

For what it's worth, I have discovered a bug with TakePartyItemNum as well. If several calls of this function that take the same item are present in a single code block, only one would actually take place, i.e.:

TakePartyItemNum("potn24",1)   DestroyItem("potn24")
TakePartyItemNum("potn42",1)   DestroyItem("potn42")
TakePartyItemNum("potn42",1)   DestroyItem("potn42")

This only happens when the items are located in the characters' inventories. If they are sitting in bags or containers, the game will take all the items properly. Quite strange. The solution is to use a single call with an appropriate amount of items which appears to be working fine.

It might be a bit of a strange scenario and not entirely relevant to what argent77 said but I thought I'd mention it just in case for anyone who's interested.

Didn't have time to test it but if it's an engine problem please report it on redmine. I will see if there is any workaround for this. In worst case the items importration will work exactly like in vanilla game (so only player1 and not taking into account bags). That would be really unfortunate though :(

During the BG2 part of my run, I went through the BG1 and SoD areas and tried to talk to as many npcs as I found to find events that needed changes or simply to be removed.

Here's the summary, it's not very long and it's not exhaustive because I already did a good part of the content during BG1. I'm not sure which formatting I should have adopted. It's mostly commoners and messengers that you'll meet on maps.

There is also an inconsistency with bears and dread wolves noted in the general section. Dread wolves are troll like in SoD but not in any other part of the game. Bears go red if you get too close to them in BG1 but if you meet bears in bg2 they are either red at the beginning or will not go red until attacked, it depends on the type of bears.

EET indeed tries to get rid of Iron crisis and bandid attacks topics (related to Iron Throne) when party returns to old areas, so these are valid reports, thanks. I've added proper filtering for these conversation with following exceptions:

• General Dread wolves change comportment - I don't see a problem with more powerfull versions of the enemy found in different parts of the region.
  • Bear AI changes between bg1 and bg2 except for cave bear - that's vanilla mehanics. These bears mostly use exactly the same scripts between BG1 and BG2. In BG2 portion of the game the AI checks if you have druid in the party - if yes than the bear remains friendly even if you're near it. It sort of make sense that it starts to happen in BG2 considering your druids are more experienced in that portion of the game. Not sure if changing vanilla behaviour is a good idea.
  • BG3100 Death ward doesn't prevent shoal the nereid's kiss //not EET related - not enough information
  • BG3600 Total bug //ignore - what total bug?
  • BG2800 Need to recheck BGEE spawn, only gibberlings and bandits //self note - not enough information
  • BG3301 Taerom suggests to hunt bassilus if refused to pay 4k for ankheg armor - I don't think EET should change it. If such dialogue should no longer show up if the quest is done than Beamdog should filter it themselves to not add usless journal entries etc.
  • BG4804 Trask(from mod?) no dialog //talking to him does nothing, not even red text - not related to EET
  • BG4900 Same farmer as Beregost - what do you mean?
  • BG1700 Guard should disappear - what guard? I will need CRE name to fix it.

I still need to check SoD areas (BD2000, BD4300, BD5100) mentioned in your report, so please upload a save made after SoD is finished. Once this is done I will push RC7 on GitHub.

As for the proper reporting, especially when it comes to mod added content, consider using "ctrl+m" which prints all CRE data (including CRE, DV and DLG names) of the highlighted creature.

In the middle of the Dragonspear battle, the access to the rest of the world should be temporarily blocked. Currently, going to underground river and bloodbark grove is impossible while it is possible to go back to BG1 area.

(The moment I'm talking about is after the fights in the coalition camp and before the assault on the castle when you go from the camp to the castle.)

good idea.

The two maps (bloodbark grove and underground river) stay impossible to go to during BG2 by the way.

fixed, thanks.

Edited by K4thos

During the BG2 part of my run, I went through the BG1 and SoD areas and tried to talk to as many npcs as I found to find events that needed changes or simply to be removed.

Here's the summary, it's not very long and it's not exhaustive because I already did a good part of the content during BG1. I'm not sure which formatting I should have adopted. It's mostly commoners and messengers that you'll meet on maps.

There is also an inconsistency with bears and dread wolves noted in the general section. Dread wolves are troll like in SoD but not in any other part of the game. Bears go red if you get too close to them in BG1 but if you meet bears in bg2 they are either red at the beginning or will not go red until attacked, it depends on the type of bears.

EET indeed tries to get rid of Iron crisis and bandid attacks topics (related to Iron Throne) when party returns to old areas, so these are valid reports, thanks. I've added proper filtering for these conversation with following exceptions:

• General Dread wolves change comportment - I don't see a problem with more powerfull versions of the enemy found in different parts of the region.
  • Bear AI changes between bg1 and bg2 except for cave bear - that's vanilla mehanics. These bears mostly use exactly the same scripts between BG1 and BG2. In BG2 portion of the game the AI checks if you have druid in the party - if yes than the bear remains friendly even if you're near it. It sort of make sense that it starts to happen in BG2 considering your druids are more experienced in that portion of the game. Not sure if changing vanilla behaviour is a good idea.
  • BG3100 Death ward doesn't prevent shoal the nereid's kiss //not EET related - not enough information
  • BG3600 Total bug //ignore - what total bug?
  • BG2800 Need to recheck BGEE spawn, only gibberlings and bandits //self note - not enough information
  • BG3301 Taerom suggests to hunt bassilus if refused to pay 4k for ankheg armor - I don't think EET should change it. If such dialogue should no longer show up if the quest is done than Beamdog should filter it themselves to not add usless journal entries etc.
  • BG4804 Trask(from mod?) no dialog //talking to him does nothing, not even red text - not related to EET
  • BG4900 Same farmer as Beregost - what do you mean?
  • BG1700 Guard should disappear - what guard? I will need CRE name to fix it.

I still need to check SoD areas (BD2000, BD4300, BD5100) mentioned in your report, so please upload a save made after SoD is finished. Once this is done I will push RC7 on GitHub.

As for the proper reporting, especially when it comes to mod added content, consider using "ctrl+m" which prints all CRE data (including CRE, DV and DLG names) of the highlighted creature

I didn't know about ctrl M this'll be very handy for future reports, i'll go back to the areas and find the creatures, thanks.

BG4900 I mean there is a farmer with the same dialog lines as the one I reported for beregost https://i.imgur.com/QISi7yO.jpg

BG1700 I found a hostile guard left in the area in a part I hadn't explored. Since I flooded the mine long ago, he should have left. : https://i.imgur.com/Xtr74Y6.jpg

The //not related to EET are unrelated to EET notes that I took as I was going through the areas to remind me of reporting them to the appropriate mods later on.

Save just before going through the SoD areas : https://www.dropbox.com/s/nom5pdej5sq0aap/000000296-AutoSave%20-%20%20-%2089%20days%2017%20hours%20-%20Copie.7z?dl=0

The thing with the dread wolves is that it's not only more powerful enemies but just very different monsters because BG1 dread wolves are just big wolves when SoD's dread wolves are undead I think it's too big of a difference to not break the consistency but admittedly that's how Beamdog did it so the inconsistency can be considered vanilla I guess.

For the bears, I just found it weird that their behaviour changed even for bears in the same areas. I didn't know it was only because of the ranger in my party though and I guess that can make enough sense.

For the bears, I just found it weird that their behaviour changed even for bears in the same areas. I didn't know it was only because of the ranger in my party though and I guess that can make enough sense.

The ranger in your party has some influence on bears in his/her vicinity (Range,20). If you keep your party close to him, you should be save, If your party spreads out and someone encounters a bear while the ranger is further away, the bear will attack. (In case your game behaves differently, there may be a problem.)

Do you mean this should happen in BG1 too? This behaviour is BG2 only right? I think it should actually be based on level rather than arbitrary story elements.

From Bear.bcs (most, but not all bears have this script):

IF

Range([GOODCUTOFF],7)

Allegiance(Myself,NEUTRAL)

!See([PC.0.0.DRUID])

!See([PC.0.0.RANGER])

!See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_DRUID])

!See([PC.0.0.CLERIC_RANGER])

GlobalLT("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Enemy()

END

This means if someone comes close to the bear (who is neutral by default) , i.e. Range 7 and there is no Ranger/Druid in sight then the bear turns hostile. The green marked condition means in EET that it applies to BG1 = Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",0 ) and SoD = Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",1 )

Ah, so they don't turn hostile at all during BG2? Which isn't consistent with their behaviour in BG1 and SoD right. It's the opposite of what k4thos said if I understand correctly then.

In BG1 they won't attack rangers or druids (maybe my kitted ranger doesn't count as ranger for this purpose?, I was attacked constantly during BG1) but in BG2 they won't attack anyone, even if they didn't change area, which is an arbitrary change of behaviour and it can't even be explained by "your druid/ranger is now more powerful than before and can appease them".

Anyway, I think it could be standardised but admittedly it's not a big priority for now.