EET v13.4 released

Version 1.0 Release Candidate 7

- removed The Lure of the Sirine's Call from BG:EE compatibility list - the mod has now native EET support, so should be installed after EET
- updated OSX version of ffmpeg binary and added "chmod" call before executing external binaries
- fixed CHARSND.2DA patching (which means you may need to re-add voiceset from the customization menu on new EET installation when using old saves. From now on voicesets in saves should always be correct regardless of installation)
- fixed RC6 regression in IDS patching (probably not worth re-installing since this problem seems to be harmless)
- Bloodbark Grove and Underground River accessible during BG2
- After the fights in the Coalition Camp access to the rest of the world is temporarily blocked
- Bears uses the same AI in BG1 and BG2
- removed setting up 'UI Edit Mode' (enabled by default in previous version)
- corrected ToB transition (items, variables)
- filtered out more dialogue states/responses regarding Iron Crisis and Bandit raids in BG1 areas when visited during BG2 (please report stuff not filtered out yet)
- improvements in code that cleans SoD areas from plot related characters
- Added "Modder's Notes" to 'EET/docs' directory (previously known as Developer's documentation - stripped from junk leaving just tutorials how to mod EET)
- WeiDU updated to stable v2.40

https://github.com/K4thos/EET/releases

I think the mod is now polished enough for a stable 1.0 release although it's probably better to wait for next official Beamdog patch. From what I've seen on the Beamdog forums it will be a major one, so will need some work on EET once it's released. Hopefully it will fix the problem with fog in SoD and other engine issues. We are still waiting for translations to be updated too (currently only English and Polish are up to date) and for the Big World Setup support. In the meantime please continue reporting problems if you find them during game. Once again thanks for the awesome feedback.

Edited by K4thos

The SoD -> SoA transition issue mentioned in an earlier post doesn't appear to be fixed in RC7 yet. A character wearing a CON increasing item (such as the Helmet of Dumathoin) may die if reduced to very low hit points in the ambush at the end of SoD. If the character happens to be the protagonist the game will end. If it happens to an NPC like Minsc or Jaheira they will be lost forever without a chance to resurrect them later.

I have attached a test save to reproduce.

000000101-Test Transition SoD - SoA.7z

Edited by argent77

The SoD -> SoA transition issue mentioned in an earlier post doesn't appear to be fixed in RC7 yet. A character wearing a CON increasing item (such as the Helmet of Dumathoin) may die if reduced to very low hit points in the ambush at the end of SoD. If the character happens to be the protagonist the game will end.

I have attached a test save to reproduce.

yeah, completely forgot about it. It's a matter of applying protection spell and remove it in Irenicus Dungeon. Will be ready for stable release although people that play with current release shouldn't worry about it since it's rather rare bug. Thanks for the save and report.

From what I read on Beamdog forums, and from past experiences, it could be a matter of something like 6 months, if not more.. are you sure you want to wait for the next patch?

Hopefully it won't take too long :( I'm especially looking forward to IWD:EE patch due to IWD-in-EET development (we're waiting for 2.x features)

LOL ! I just finished my V1RC6 install ;)

but, according to the changelog, not worth re-installing :)

Yeah, no critical bugs to fix this time. Pushed on Github mostly due to stable weidu release.

Edited by K4thos

Thanks for next RC. I also think it would be better to wait for patch 2.5 before releasing EET 1.0, but like Blash2 said, it may take some time (patch 2.0 took Beamdog 1,5 year). Is it at least possible to inform Pecca and Mr2150 about it polished status, so maybe i near future we would have DragonspearUI++ with EET support? In my opinion this mod and BWS support it's all we need for smooth and comfortable EET run.

[...]

I've installed BGEE (+SOD), Then BGEE mods, then EET firt part on clean BG2EE, them EET end part.

[...]

When I use F5 shortcut for trap detecting/disarm the chat window goes above the shortcut bar and I have to escape to the main menu and go back to the game so I can access it again..

If i click directly on shortcut for traps there are no problems (so it is just anoying, not blocking)

[...]

Installing EET activates the UI Edit Mode by default, pressing F5 resets the UI, you can also move around the pieces of the UI by using F11. K4thos has been notified of the issue with F5 and it will be removed from the default settings of EET. You can remove the setting from your baldur.lua or you can bind thieving to another button (I use T for example), i'd suggest using the second method as the UI Edit mode is practical and it's pretty easy getting used to a different shortcut. I used to use F5 as well until UI Edit mode got released.

To remove the UI Edit mode you need to use Baldur.lua, you can add a hotkey to thieving from the game options though. It's in Gameplay -> Assign Keys -> Actions.

So i have the very same problem... but I don't understand what I am supposed to change/add/remove in baldur.lua for the F5 key behave like before SoD

So i have the very same problem... but I don't understand what I am supposed to change/add/remove in baldur.lua for the F5 key behave like before SoD

change this line in Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy/Baldur.lua (my documents directory)

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','UI Edit Mode','0')

RC7 no longer sets it to 1, but if the line was already set than it stays like this.

change this line in Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy/Baldur.lua (my documents directory)

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','UI Edit Mode','0')

RC7 no longer sets it to 1, but if the line was already set than it stays like this.

Thank you :) it works like a charm !

I have a small recommendation for EET, that when installed, it removes the BGee shortcut from your desktop, and/or replaces the BG2ee shortcut icon with a custom EET one.

That my friends, is why the worldmap wasn't showing for me.

Laugh as you may.

don't know how to do it. There was shortcut.exe tool at some point on windows but it no longer seems to work on windows 7. I don't want to use VBscript for it. And have no idea how to even attempt it on OSX. So unless someone else contributes the code this won't be added.

edit: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28161&page=37&do=findComment&comment=247515

Edited by K4thos

Mayhap EET could rename the BGee directory with a .disabled when it's done, similar to what modmerge does, then the user can go about deleting it.

That's not a good idea. Not everyone will remove the original BG1 directory.

As K4thos already mentioned, handling shortcuts is way too complicated as it's platform-specific and most likely distributor-specific as well. And not everyone wants to abandon BG1 afterwards.

Mayhap EET could rename the BGee directory with a .disabled when it's done, similar to what modmerge does, then the user can go about deleting it.

That's not a good idea. Not everyone will remove the original BG1 directory.

And editing the folder name is a bad idea on the principle also that one should go about uninstalling the game from the machine via the Windows "Programs and Features" or whatever the control panels sub folder is called on your local windows version(mine being Windows 10, Finnish Edition)... not deleting the folder as that leaves the game still registered in the machines memory. Making you unable to play or install the ToB on to the computer without restoring a working Windows Registry. The SoA allows multiple installs, but the ToB doesn't.

@Gladius: Go, install the old ToB to a folder and then delete the folder, let's see how you'll then uninstall the game. Or reinstall it without using another machine. Yeah, not that easy. BECAUSE the windows install shield&register entry. The way to fix that is to restore the game folder from the trash-bin and uninstall it correctly. Ouh yeah, you think the EET won't get a few new versions even when it's out of RC's, you are dreaming man.

The BG games don't use the windows registry afaik, I haven't deleted them in any other way than shift suppr for years and have had 0 issues with it. You can move the folders around as much as you like and it doesn't even matter, What is this thing about ? This is EET, it's only for EEs right, renaming a folder or moving it won't stop anything from working.

I don't even know how a shortcut could stop the worldmap from working...

Edited by GrimLefourbe