EET v13.4 released

Dumb question. setup EET asks for a bg:ee+SoD dir, but beamdog installs the games in different dirs. Is it ok to input just the SoD dir (it's the right game number)?

The game dir that has SoD also has the full BGEE game with it (You may have an older version before SoD came out as well?).

Before you install EET. make sure that you installed the mods you want for BGEE in the right game, i.e.the one containing also SoD.

It's confusing because if you get SoD from steam it GOG, then it just updates your BGEE game to become BGEE+SoD.

But if you buy the extension from Beamdog, you get a whole separate BGEE+SoD game that can coexist alongside your BGEE-only game.

For EET this can complicate how to properly instruct players to install stuff. I would probably say something like "the game folder of your BGEE install that contains the SoD extension." Something like that. (And yeah, that means players need to be careful to install the BG1 mods into the right place before even beginning to install EET.)

It's confusing because if you get SoD from Steam or GOG, then it just updates your BGEE game to become BGEE+SoD.

Erhm what's confusing about that ?

Except the fact I had to edit your post just a bit.. the normal BGEE is not the SoD, as it doesn't include the expansion, so you can't use it... exactly like you can't use just the BG1 to make the BGT-weidu, as it also requires the TotSC expansion. And the ToB expansion... to the BG2:SoA.

So to say it accurately; the BG1EE:SoD is required. Or like K4thos says:

The BG:EE + Siege of Dragonspear installation (patch v2.3.67.3 is required) should be either "clean" installation or with any combination of mods listed in this forum topic (fist part of the post only).

I wish a mod "SoD be gone" for EET (just like the "Dungeon be gone", but for the whole SoD :) )

It already exists - the name is BGT.

So that has the zoom, sorcerer/mage/monk kits etc ? I sense a lack of logic and knowledge here. It seems you haven't even started the game ones... :D

Yeah, ok, that was a lot of exaggeration.. but it was mean to be funny, not to mock you. So I hope you can view it as such.

Back to the idea, I hope that it will be made too.. not that I would use it ever, but that it can be an option.

so you can't use it... exactly like you can't use just the BG1 to make the BGT-weidu, as it also requires the TotSC expansion.

When you say "make the BGT-weidu", do you mean "to make the BGT conversion mod itself", because I was playing BGT years before I finally got TotSC from a sale at GOG in 2013.

I think I answered my own question. Nevermind.

Edited by Fiann of the Silver Hand

I wish a mod "SoD be gone" for EET (just like the "Dungeon be gone", but for the whole SoD :) )

It already exists - the name is BGT.

At least, this made me laugh :)

Well, I don't want to polemics, i have just mixed this forum with my X-Mas wish-list... (may be a limited wish could help here :) )

It's confusing because if you get SoD from Steam or GOG, then it just updates your BGEE game to become BGEE+SoD.

Erhm what's confusing about that ?

Except the fact I had to edit your post just a bit.. the normal BGEE is not the SoD, as it doesn't include the expansion, so you can't use it... exactly like you can't use just the BG1 to make the BGT-weidu, as it also requires the TotSC expansion. And the ToB expansion... to the BG2:SoA.

So to say it accurately; the BG1EE:SoD is required. Or like K4thos says:

The BG:EE + Siege of Dragonspear installation (patch v2.3.67.3 is required) should be either "clean" installation or with any combination of mods listed in this forum topic (fist part of the post only).

When you buy SoD from beamdog, it claims it needs bg:ee, so some people are tricked into thinking they need to install bgee first (I was, and I've been installing games since the first ms-dos), then SoD, so you end up with two installs. Then when it says to install the mods into bg:ee you will install them into the wrong version, since only later you will realize the folder you need for EET is the SoD one (and you realize it actually has the full bg:ee game).

Not actually a EET problem, just a beamdog's lousy explanation.

so you can't use it... exactly like you can't use just the BG1 to make the BGT-weidu, as it also requires the TotSC expansion.

When you say "make the BGT-weidu", do you mean "to make the BGT conversion mod itself", because I was playing BGT years before I finally got TotSC from a sale at GOG in 2013.

Hmm, well the BGT-weidu does require the BG1 to have the TotSC and be patched to the v1.3.5512 or ...5521, and you can't get that without the TotSC. You might be miss remembering the old days to the BG1Tutu that doesn't require the expansions. I can't say for sure if the original BGT required the TotSC, but my memory would say that indeed it did.

I once, a long time ago, made a mod to backport the EE monk kits to BGT...

But to initiate as one, you needed the player to select them as something else than a monk... or annoying other stuff. Yeah, I too made a cleric that casted mage spells and a "mage" kit that casted cleric spells(it was selected by starting the game with a Fighter kit that switched itself to be a mage and got the cleric spells from a second kit) ... and so what, that's nothing special, well it's the hack that needed to be resorted to to get around the old engine chinking. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Seems the MKDIR command in EET\lib\EET_core.tp2 failed in my install (I didn't have a save/ directory in my BG2EE folder before running EET installer, and the folder still doesn't exist after):

ACTION_IF (NOT DIRECTORY_EXISTS ~%USER_DIRECTORY_EET%/save~) BEGIN
MKDIR ~%USER_DIRECTORY_EET%/save~
END
Relevant excerpts from SETUP-EET_CORE.DEBUG:
Newest WeiDU is version 24000, updating!
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[engine.lua] loaded, 104 bytes
engine.lua copied to EET/backup/core/0/engine.lua, 104 bytes
Copied [engine.lua] to [engine.lua]
Creating 1 directory
Problem Unix.Unix_error(1, "mkdir", "C:") on C:: util.ml
Copying 1 file ...
[My Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Baldur.lua] loaded, 6061 bytes
Copied [My Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/Baldur.lua] to [My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy/Baldur.lua] (NO BACKUP MADE!)