EET v13.4 released

The reputation reset is most likely aimed at the BG2 part, but it would be more logical to postpone it to after the trial has ended.

Like in BGT - it was set in Irenicus dungeon to the value you had when starting a new BG2 game. The justification was that you are a complete unknown when you arrive at Amn and neither your good nor your evil deeds are known there (or at least people there do not know you as the former "Hero of Baldur's Gate"). No idea why K4thos choose that other method.

Hey there.

Is there some sort of SoD -> SoA item transition implemented yet?

This was just discussed a few days ago http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28161&page=44&do=findComment&comment=248413.

It is this same thread, just scroll back a bit to the post and some posts prior to that.

EET has prepared the transport (and it seems to work according to my own experience) but it does not give you direct access to your stuff itself - K4thos leaves this for modders to do.

I am not aware of any such mod that already works.

So, no way to actually import the items anyhow right now?

You can transfer them via debug console if you need the items badly:

C:Eval('MoveContainerContents("AR0602*K#ImportContainer","AR0602*Picture1")')

This command will place all items into the container behind the picture in the room with starting equipment in Chateau Irenicus.

Because of a bug in the current version of the game you probably won't find items that are supposed to be transferred if you imported a character from BG1 (such as the Golden Pantaloons). The bug has to be fixed by Beamdog first.

This command will place all items into the container behind the picture in the room with starting equipment in Chateau Irenicus.

Because of a bug in the current version of the game you probably won't find items that are supposed to be transferred if you imported a character from BG1 (such as the Golden Pantaloons). The bug has to be fixed by Beamdog first.

What? So everything will be lost in the transition from SoD to SoA? And we have to wait for a Beamdog patch that will probably come in a year or two? I got it right?

What? So everything will be lost in the transition from SoD to SoA? And we have to wait for a Beamdog patch that will probably come in a year or two? I got it right?

Anyone who thinks such a feature is needed is free to provide a simple mod to move the stuff that EET brings into the Irenicus dungeon (i.e. the things carried by the final party) to the tables or shelfs in the area. Things are already transferred into AR0602 to a container (upper left corner, named "K#ImportContainer") where you cannot walk. A mod with code similar to what Argent77 has posted will do that.

The bean dog stuff refers to old mechanisms like putting golden pantalons and such into the dungeon. So that are different issues.

The thing with EET is that (other than BGT) it is really continuous, you can go back and forth between all parts and areas in the game and can get stuff you left (e.g in a container or with a merchant) on the Sword Coast later on (unless you dropped it in some unreachable area in BG1).

There are already more methods to keep your things during the whole EET than there ever were in BGT.

It is just the EET philosophy not to provide such features per default but to leave cheats and tweaks to independent mods you may install on top.

Edited by Roxanne

It's more a combination of a game engine bug and the way how items are transferred in EET. EET uses the approach to put everything into a special bag of holding to save inventory space. However, the engine bug causes items that are meant to be exported to simply vanish if they happen to be in a container.

As a workaround you could place all your items into a bag of holding manually and store it into a container before the SoD/SoA transition sequence. Then, in SoA simply console in a bag of holding or wait until you can acquire a bag regularly, or visit the area again where you left the bag to have access to everything again.

Everything else that is not meant to be exported is unaccessible by normal means, as mentioned by Roxanne. I would expect a new EET Tweaks component in the future which addresses this issue.

Edited by argent77

BG1 items could be given a new quest in BG2 in the dungeon. Like yoshimo trying to prove loyalty by telling main char where his stuff is. And placing the items in a room next to the end of the dungeon (somewhere in the long hall with the traps that become wands).

Starting BG2 campaign without a single item from BG1 is a huge break it eet continuity...

Find some of your items from BG1/SoA campaign in Irenicus Dungeon

See discussion above http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28161&page=45&do=findComment&comment=248449 and following.

Here is a little patch for it

EETMoveItemsSoA.zip

Install like any mod (Extract to game folder and run setup) -

After you activated the golem to open the doors you can check out the area with the duergars in the north. (Of course only if you did a transition, not if you started/imported game in SoA only.)

Note - this is not intended to be a mod, just a little example of how the EET functionality might be used by modders,

Edited by Roxanne

I'm having trouble ending the SoD campaign. I think it's supposed to end now, as I exit the sewers after the trial, but nothing happens. There's the party waiting in the bottom right of the map, but from what I can read Imoen was supposed to spawn there as I exit the cave. She's nowhere to be found however.

I have a save game right before exiting the cave, anyone has an idea on how to fix this?

Edit: I don't know if that might have caused the issue, but at the start of the SoD campaign, when Imoen gets attacked by assassins, the backstab chunked her and did not only kill her. I thought it was pretty funny with everyone saying "She's still breathing!", but there was no body left. I was however able to talk to her after finishing the prologue, when she spawns next to the bed. I dual classed her pretty low, lvl 5, so maybe she didn't have enough HPs to survive the backstab and that's causing the bug in EET?

Edited by spblue

I had exactly the same problem in my current run (including the chunked Imoen during the assassination attempt). Inspecting Imoen in Near Infinity she had several effects in place which prevented her from appearing. If you provide a zipped save from before entering the map where Imoen is supposed to meet you I can try to fix it.