EET v13.4 released

EEKeeper

Just open the savegame after the transition, go to the drowish NPCs one by one - there is a change portrait button below each portrait and if you click it you get a menu with the selection for the small and large portrait. You chose their original ones from there. Leave and save.

That did not work. Had to remove all the portrait changes CRE defined in near infinity first.

Not sure what you mean by that - You can do these changes either with EE Keeper or with Near Infinity. If you use NI, make sure that you modify the cre files from a savegame NOT the cre files that are listed under the CRE tab of NI. You can use those original cre-files as a reference to find what their portrait was before the change. But to have any effect in your running game, you must change it in the savegame for those in your party,

You may try this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/usrqzod5jo3l1ey/000000043-eetnondrow.zip?dl=0

Together with the revised cutscene BCS uploaded earlier it should work.

Edited by Roxanne

Sorry. Bad english perhaps.

If you try to change the portraits manually, the game reverts to the ppe drow ones due to this states in each char (see pic).

Only after deleting them I was able to revert to normal portraits.

Yes, I did not do that in your savegame because of Aerie, for some reason she has more of those effects aside from the ones for drow - note also that each NPC has two of the 107 effects, one for small + one for large portrait.

What would be more interesting to know is, why the reversal did not work. There should be a spell (similar to the one that forced the drow portrait) - for each of the NPCs to create a new effect with the resource set to the original portrait.

Edited by Roxanne

So.....i wont ask for a release date cause i know i'll get the when it's done answer...:) But can i ask what else needs to be done to get us there? I been waiting literally since BGEE1 came out to start a trilogy playthrough. But i don't wanna until EET is fully ready.

Is it a matter of bug fixing still? Or waiting for other modders to make their mods compatible with EET?

I wanna start my playthrough so bad. :evilplan:

It is fully playable already. Bugs are minor at this point. For me personally, what remains before I commit to a long game is making more mods compatible, which is happening on an almost daily basis for smaller mods, while larger mods are in progress too.

So.....i wont ask for a release date cause i know i'll get the when it's done answer... :) But can i ask what else needs to be done to get us there? I been waiting literally since BGEE1 came out to start a trilogy playthrough. But i don't wanna until EET is fully ready.

Is it a matter of bug fixing still? Or waiting for other modders to make their mods compatible with EET?

I wanna start my playthrough so bad. :evilplan:

EET is fully playable with already significant number of mods compatible. (Number of mods growing weekly).

The mod compatibility list here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741 on the forum is a little out of date (not updated since a few weeks now) but there is now BWS support for install. Using BWS avoids looking for the right mod versions, also it patches those mods that need a patch for EET and it automatically puts the right mods into the right part of the game. Another benefit of BWS is that it has a tested install order to avoid issues from mods that have dependencies.

See here for latest facts http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741&page=33&do=findComment&comment=248962

Edited by Roxanne

May be not the right place to report this; but anyway - game (EET) bugs out on Lighthouse map. I cannot enter it via map, the only way to get there is via cheat console. Game crahes if I try to enter the area in a "normal" way. Is it a known issue? I have a "megamod" install currently, with all the "big mods" availble (TDD, DSoTSC, NSoTSC, Sandrah) + Revisions + SCS.

Certainly the right place to report it. Not previously reported, I think. If I'm understanding correctly, the map icon is either not appearing on the world map or the icon is appearing but is not clickable? Are you using the default world map or BP-BGT-Worldmap?

Certainly the right place to report it. Not previously reported, I think. If I'm understanding correctly, the map icon is either not appearing on the world map or the icon is appearing but is not clickable? Are you using the default world map or BP-BGT-Worldmap?

The crash with lighthouse happened (and was reported) with the previous version of lighthouse mod (the one that was still installed in BGEE part of EET). For me it did not happen again with the recent version of the mod (installed after EET). There was an issue with entry point but I did not persue it further, thinking that the new version had resolved it.

PS I used BP_BGT WMap when it happened. It only happened at the first visit to the area, once been there you could go there again normally.

Edited by Roxanne

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons: v10.2.1
The map icon is there, all is good until I want to go to that area. Cursor shows as if "loading" but nothing happens, I can only exit via ctrl-alt-del.
The area itself (when entered by CLUA) works just fine.

The crash with lighthouse happened (and was reported) with the previous version of lighthouse mod (the one that was still installed in BGEE part of EET). For me it did not happen again with the recent version of the mod (installed after EET). There was an issue with entry point but I did not persue it further, thinking that the new version had resolved it.

PS I used BP_BGT WMap when it happened. It only happened at the first visit to the area, once been there you could go there again normally.

Tnx Roxanne - this pretty much shows the issue - it's about the entry point. If I go there from Bassilus area; game crashes. If I go there from Gnoll Stronghold (or any south area) Lighthouse map loads and works fine. I'm using the version that installs after EET core.

However, even after area loaded once game consistently crashes when entering via this point. I can't really help fix this since I'm clueless about how map works.

As per Sandrah - her armor seems to have some odd 146 effect that casts some LCarmor stuff. Afaik (I may be wrong here) this is from 1ppv4 (avatar switching?).

I'm kinda starting to like this mod; albeit there are some issues I have with it.

- is it meant to be so hard? Now; I don't know if this is some odd mods' compilation I'm using- but

- Tenya's bowl will not be returned any time soon. Some Priest of Talos; dressed in a blue plate, casts Energy Drain; over and over again. LOL. Level 9 (!) spell!

- Greywolf comes with company of no less than three 15 level fighters, with grandmastery in bows stacked with +2 arrows. I felt like a pincushion there. While I can understand the need to buff this encounter up; level 15 is a bit of an overkill here.

- the cave in Gnoll Stronghold has some new inhabitants (shadow, zombie lord), quite challenging.

- is it possible to somehow remove that dog (Haiass) from the party? I find him utterly annoying. Will I break anything if I edit the script that creates him? I tried to CTRL-y him, but Sandrah ressurected him. Now he's lost somewhere, whistle won't work, and Sandrah constantly tries to cast "cure x wounds" on him. I'm planning on restarting the game and I really don't want him there. Will I loose some content?

If you walk around in the Lighthouse area to the place where you would normally arrive if you walked in from Bassilus' area, does it crash? i.e., do you crash near the arrival / entry point of the area even after a console MoveToArea(), or is it specifically the act of traveling from Bassilus' area that causes the crash?

Edited by agb1

If you walk around in the Lighthouse area to the place where you would normally arrive if you walked in from Bassilus' area, does it crash? i.e., do you crash near the arrival / entry point of the area even after a console MoveToArea(), or is it specifically the act of traveling from Bassilus' area that causes the crash?

Yes, game crashes then; regardless of the entry point.

To show the issue:

Red arrow is a CTD whitout even traveling to Lighthouse.

Green arrow allows for Lighthouse, but crashes somewhere above where the party stands when I go that route.

map2_zps1ur5pnfj.jpg

map1_zps9abcydbk.jpg

Seems there is something in the area that is causing the crash, then. I will try to reproduce locally in a few minutes; I have an install running right now.

I have to revise my earlier statements - even though I have played through the BG1 contents of area BG3600 (somehow?), and I can revisit the area as described above, I can also produce CtDs

- when entering from some other area

- when switching to the area map view.

Also I noticed that the area graphics have the typical anomalies (horizontal stripes and such) that mod added areas that are not converted tend to have. The wed file and night wed file are mod added files, not the originals with some overlays in them that might be the source of the problem.

I checked the spawn points and creatures and such - nothing odd there.