EET v13.4 released

Are there any trigger regions or static animations in the map area where you encounter the crashes? I've seen crashes when switching to area map view due to problems with a BAM file somewhere in an area (recent fixed example with Foundling's L#Fou0.are and L#FoWall.bam).

Edited by agb1

Are there any trigger regions or static animations in the map area where you encounter the crashes? I've seen crashes when switching to area map view due to problems with a BAM file somewhere in an area (recent fixed example with Foundling's L#Fou0.are and L#FoWall.bam).

I checked this but there are none,

I now deleted bg3600.wed from override - no further issues...

Seems to indicate that the modded wed file may be the source of the problem.

I can reproduce the crash also. That wed file is modified by the Extended Lighthouse Area component, which is a new component of Sirine's Call recently added to BWS as well.

Near Infinity's Area Viewer doesn't want to open it.

Edited by agb1

I've reported the WED issue on the mod's forum on PPG and I will mark this component Expert until further notice.

Here is a reverted copy of the area's WED file you can drop in your override for now as a workaround: https://ufile.io/75938

The original lighthouse contents works well - amd always did. No idea why the addition was needed, but you can play without it.

is it possible to somehow remove that dog (Haiass) from the party? I'm planning on restarting the game and I really don't want him there.

Prior to leaving Candlekeep

SetGlobal("HaiassLevel","GLOBAL",12) and

SetGlobal("HaiassJoinSan","GLOBAL",14) and

do NOT take Sandrah into the party before you went to Friendly Arm.

Roxanne, perhaps add an option to send Haiass away, triggering a future encounter with a Hiass who reveals itself to be a Dread Doppleganger?

A subspecies of Doppelganger can be found in the Demiplane of Dread, Ravenloft. These Dread Doppelgangers, like many creatures of Ravenloft, are a twisted rendition of the original. Dread doppelgangers are capable of mimicking with 100% efficiency, aided by a natural ability to probe minds (a feat only approached, amongst ordinary doppelgangers, by the Greater Doppelganger with its ability to assimilate memories from consumed brains) as well as generating natural illusions via their "Glamour" ability. But in the process, the dread doppelgangers have become sexless parasites, dependent on their ability to integrate with society to survive. While normal doppelgangers have their own culture and have no real need to mingle with humanoids, dread doppelgangers can only reproduce by mating with humanoids (usually doing so as males, as a "pregnant" dread doppelgänger cannot change forms until after giving birth) and have effectively lost their own culture.

Roxanne, perhaps add an option to send Haiass away, triggering a future encounter with a Hiass who reveals itself to be a Dread Doppleganger?

A subspecies of Doppelganger can be found in the Demiplane of Dread, Ravenloft. These Dread Doppelgangers, like many creatures of Ravenloft, are a twisted rendition of the original. Dread doppelgangers are capable of mimicking with 100% efficiency, aided by a natural ability to probe minds (a feat only approached, amongst ordinary doppelgangers, by the Greater Doppelganger with its ability to assimilate memories from consumed brains) as well as generating natural illusions via their "Glamour" ability. But in the process, the dread doppelgangers have become sexless parasites, dependent on their ability to integrate with society to survive. While normal doppelgangers have their own culture and have no real need to mingle with humanoids, dread doppelgangers can only reproduce by mating with humanoids (usually doing so as males, as a "pregnant" dread doppelgänger cannot change forms until after giving birth) and have effectively lost their own culture.

There are currently two versions of Haiass - one that the PC can take along as his animal companion or send away or ignore or whatever. (This wolf companion was created by an old mod, no longer maintained, which I adopted for EET).

The other one appears if you take Sandrah into your party and decide to travel with her - this Haiass plays an important role throughout the Sandrah Saga and whether he is a dread doppelganger, a tamed wolf, a messenger of the celestials or something completely different, I will not spoil.

And I would rather not hijack this thread to discuss the Sandrah mod - The topic here is EET Release Candidate.

I'm kinda starting to like this mod; albeit there are some issues I have with it.

- Some Priest of Talos; dressed in a blue plate, casts Energy Drain; over and over again. LOL. Level 9 (!) spell!

- Greywolf comes with company of no less than three 15 level fighters, with grandmastery in bows stacked with +2 arrows

!!!

lol, we need a SandrahRTFz! ;)

Are we sure that's not some other mods tweaking the encounters?

Just to avoid misunderstandings (yes, nobody reads a readme, I know)

Sandrah is not a tactical mod, it is a contents/story mod. However, it is designed for a large installation with other megamods and a much longer path through the game than vanilla (including the issue of gaining extra xp, gold, levels etc).

It is the story of a bhaalspawn leaving Candlekeep and being thrown out into a world full of danger and enemies. They do not wait until the hero is ready...thus there are encounters that do not follow the pattern of lvl2 party only meets lvl2 enemies, etc. I have taken care to put those more challenging encounters to episodes that are not required for the main story (e.g. Greywolf).

These encounters a) show you your current limits b) make the absurd boost of REP, XP, gold early in the game a bit more realistic c) intend to experience the game in a slightly new way as they put obstacles in your down trodden usual path (I do the mines, get REP for Greywolf, get some stat boost from the tome in that cave...).

None of those encounters is as hard as it looks on paper (e.g. just charm some of them and let them kill each other) and you cannot gain overpowered items from them. There is always an alternative to the direct fight if you are not yet ready for them.

Any *normal* BG1 party can overcome all Sandrah challenges without cheating. They may just take you by surprise and sometimes get you away from your *comfortable* route through the game - but this is the intention.

The mod is clearly aimed at players who did the game more than once and still try to get a little bit of a different experience this time around,

I stop here - it is still not my intention to hijack this thread.

PS - All of this is clearly stated in the mod description and readme to enable players to decide if they want such a mod in their game or not.

Edited by Roxanne

Are we sure that's not some other mods tweaking the encounters?

I found an error in the Talos priest's script (set a global was in a wrong position and did not work). Corrected and posted a patch in Sandrah's bug thread on SHS.

For convenience here it is as well, just can be extracted into override

CVTALOA.zip

I have also tuned down the bandits in Greyfist company by replacing them with an earlier chapter bandit version.

Edited by Roxanne