EET v13.4 released

OK, thanks again for your clear explanation Roxanne!

Still curious about my other two questions (confirming that only non-magical BG1 weapons breaking (and not armor/helmets/shields) is in fact the default EET mechanic, and that 3E Thief Sneak Attack" EET Tweak isn't working but I should still be OK with it left in my install order) - anyone know on those?

T... - i.e. do you really need to move previous mods' WeiDu setup/install .exes out of game folders before installing others later, or is this a sign of an issue on my end?

Doing it this way could actually harm the game, as the setup-*modname*.exe's are the same file, the weidu.exe, that people update every so often to allow more actions, and like said above, it will auto update itself(and all the other setup-*modname*.exe) when there's a more up to date version present. It mainly does this so the program codes can work together, as if it wouldn't, there would be far more worse problems than a few errors in the .debug files... there would be failures in the actual game.

This and a lot of other parts are a reason enough to encourage people to use the BWS's automation, when it's available like it is now for EET.

Jarno - just to be clear though, if I have no intention of changing/reinstalling anything in my mod setup any further (I don't), I shouldn't have incurred any "harm" to my current game, right? I posted my WeiDu log earlier, and aside from a couple experimental EET Tweaks that I think don't work at all for anyone, haven't seen any actual problems about 30 hours into my playthrough.

Edited by ArthurP

T... - i.e. do you really need to move previous mods' WeiDu setup/install .exes out of game folders before installing others later, or is this a sign of an issue on my end?

Doing it this way could actually harm the game, as the setup-*modname*.exe's are the same file, the weidu.exe, that people update every so often to allow more actions, and like said above, it will auto update itself(and all the other setup-*modname*.exe) when there's a more up to date version present. It mainly does this so the program codes can work together, as if it wouldn't, there would be far more worse problems than a few errors in the .debug files... there would be failures in the actual game.

This and a lot of other parts are a reason enough to encourage people to use the BWS's automation, when it's available like it is now for EET.

Jarno - just to be clear though, if I have no intention of changing/reinstalling anything in my mod setup any further (I don't), I shouldn't have incurred any "harm" to my current game, right? I posted my WeiDu log earlier, and aside from a couple experimental EET Tweaks that I think don't work at all for anyone, haven't seen any actual problems about 30 hours into my playthrough.

In this particular case both of you are right

In general EET installations require at least weidu 2.40 since with this version a number of new functions for this game are enabled BUT in this specific installation and without the plan do do any further modifications there should be no issue, since the only mod in this log that makes use of the new functions is the EET itself (which has used weidu 2.40).

So everyone can live happily ever after...

Well, it depends on what your weidu.log looks like... if for example there's ??? 's in it, then you are screwed. This is unlikely though in EET installs, as the EE games require the mod to be quite well up to date as they require the use of the new code for the translations and so forth. But there has been ten updates to the weidu.exe during EE compatibility... meaning that there's always a slight chance, and if you run into problems, I would blame that first, just cause it can be.

In this particular case both of you are right

In general EET installations require at least weidu 2.40

Yes, well the thing is, the EET is not the only or the last mod installed, and especially if you cheese up the BGEE install with these actions, the EET can't recover the failures in the BG2EE game, and it becomes hard to tell where the problem's source is located. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I don't know what a ??? is (lol), but I don't see any of them in my log which I posted again below, so I guess I'm OK? I reeeeeeeally don't want to reinstall my setup now if I don't absolutely have to, as that would risk breaking my current playthrough, whereas I haven't had a specific reason to change anything yet (what started this was my asking about a couple EET Tweaks which actually don't work for anybody) and if it's not broke, I'd rather not try to fix it!

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // Initialise EET (first mod in install order): 1.0 RC7
~EET_CORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Core EET (game importation): 1.0 RC7
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For all shields and helmets: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1036 // Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> All of Cloakwood Except the Mines: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Do Not Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1250 // Move NPCs from Baldur's Gate: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1270 // Change Cloakwood Mine Chapter End Change Trigger to Non-TotSC Behavior (plainab) (BETA): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2290 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table Only (Blucher): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2339 // Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2410 // Druids Use 3E Alignment Restrictions: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs Don't Fight: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3124 // Stop Haer'Dalis-Aerie romance from starting: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3191 // Disable Non-Hostile Rest Spawns: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3205 // Stores Purchase All Item Types: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3220 // Sensible Entrance Points: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3230 // Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armor (Icendoan/grogerson): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4090 // Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // Give Coran A Legal Dexterity Score of 19: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Make Xan a Generalist Mage (Mike1072): Beta 5
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok: v26beta2
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Consistent NPC appearance: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // 3E Thief Sneak Attack: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Adjust FPS and fix audio skipping in cutscenes: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #12 // More bandit scalps: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #13 // Put Sword of Chaos +2 in Sarevok's inventory: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Disable item shattering for enemies: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #16 // Adjust BG1 weapon shattering: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #17 // Adjust BG1 shield shattering: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #18 // Adjust BG1 armor shattering: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #19 // Adjust BG1 helmet shattering: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Disable hostile reaction after charm: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #21 // Adjust familiar death consequences: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #26 // Add Priest of Tempus kit for Priests: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #27 // Add racial enemies from IWD: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #28 // Remove junk from global scripts: 1.3
~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #31 // Borderless Full Screen Worldmap: 1.3
~EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finalise EET (last mod in install order)

Edited by ArthurP

You don't need to reinstall for the shattering issue.

I believe the default state of weapon shattering in current EET is that there's no weapon shattering at all but I wouldn't bet on that, I might have just been lucky or switched to magical weapons too quickly.

You might have some issues due to cdtweaks being installed after before UB however as UB adds content to the game that wasn't modified by cdtweaks. I doubt this would break the game but it will make it inconsistent a little.

I think it would be safer to finish SoD and then reinstall in the correct order before starting BG2, you won't get all the advantages to EET(no going back to BG1 areas) but you should still get most of those and if you only remove the shattering components, everything else should be fine with a normal "import character".

While it's not risk free to reinstall, it is risk free to backup your current install, try a reinstall and go back to the backup not satisfied.

Edited by GrimLefourbe
I believe the default state of weapon shattering in current EET is that there's no weapon shattering at all but I wouldn't bet on that,

I play EET without any tweak mods and there is some non-magical weapon shattering by default (I only observed weapons, no armour or others). But you wouldn't be affected by this once you did the first chapters and get better weapons. This default behaviour is quite moderate.

I think it would be safer to finish SoD and then reinstall in the correct order before starting BG2, you won't get all the advantages to EET(no going back to BG1 areas) but you should still get most of those and if you only remove the shattering components, everything else should be fine with a normal "import character".

Sounds like a good idea (though I think you meant possible issues would be due to having cdtweaks installed "before" UB, not "after"? - I have cdtweaks before UB). As you said, I don't think I'll lose much that way (I simply won't see the BG1/SoD areas on the world map in BG2, and that should be it), and I should be able to export my custom characters just before the end of SoD and import them back in through "Create Party" at the start of SoA. Thanks!

I play EET without any tweak mods and there is some non-magical weapon shattering by default (I only observed weapons, no armour or others). But you wouldn't be affected by this once you did the first chapters and get better weapons. This default behaviour is quite moderate.

I appreciate the info - I do think that is the default EET core behavior (i.e. unchanged from BG1/BG1EE, which would make sense). And I just upgraded all my toons' metal weapons to +1s, so I'm good to roll now anyway. :D

Since I'm now planning to start a fresh reinstall when I get ready for BG2 (first UB, then CDTweaks, then EET Tweaks with some of the tweaks left out), can anyone confirm whether "3E Thief Sneak Attack" from EET Tweaks is working? Though I'm unsure it would be safe to change that even at the start of BG2 if I'm going to be importing my custom Fighter/Thief who already played BG1 with the tweak installed...

Edited by ArthurP

Sounds like a good idea (though I think you meant possible issues would be due to having cdtweaks installed "before" UB, not "after"? - I have cdtweaks before UB).

You're right, it's corrected, thanks.

I believe the default state of weapon shattering in current EET is that there's no weapon shattering at all but I wouldn't bet on that,

Oh my bad then, I guess i've been lucky. Thanks for the correction.

Considering everyone's valuable feedback, I've decided to discard the game I started and reinstall everything from scratch, since I want my 200+ planned hours in EET to be as seamless and bug-free as possible. Now that I'm completing my reinstall much more carefully than the first time, I confirmed there were absolutely no errors or warnings in any of the debug/install logs for the six mods I'm using. Of these, BG1UB and BG1 Classic Movies were installed to the BG1 game folder, and EET, BG2UB, Tweaks Anthology, and EET Tweaks were installed to the BG2 game folder, all in that order and per the specific instructions at http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741.

However, I've confirmed the WeiDu version for BG1 Classic Movies, EET, and EET Tweaks is 2.40, for BG1UB and BG2UB is 2.39, and for the Tweaks Anthology is 2.38. This is apparently what's been causing my install "version-checking" errors (see the SETUP-UB.DEBUG copied below for the exact errors), so I used my workaround again and temporarily moved the setup .exes for the mods I installed first out of the game folder before installing the next mods. I don't think that's a problem, given the popularity of the UB and Anthology mods and Roxanne's comments on my mod selection. If it is a problem, I'm not sure how anyone is managing to install these mods together (I'm always installing to non-protected folders, i.e. C:\Games\Baldur's Gate EE\ and C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II EE\, have full permissions in those folders, and have fully excluded C:\Games\* from my anti-virus).

SETUP-UB.DEBUG

WeiDU v 23900 Log

C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II EE\setup-ub.exe
version = 24000
Newest WeiDU is version 24000, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
[setup-EET_gui.exe] version 24000
[setup-EET_end.exe] version 24000
[setup-EET_core.exe] version 24000
[setup-EET.exe] version 24000
[setup-ub.exe] version 23900
[setup-EET_gui.exe] loaded, 984576 bytes
Copying [setup-EET_gui.exe] -> [setup-ub.exe]: false

That said, is there anything in my WeiDU log below (includes WeiDU-BGEE.log contents at beginning of file) that looks off, or should I finally be ready to go?

WEI-DU.LOG

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kivan and Tazok: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Branwen and Tranzig: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #28 // Prism and the Emeralds Tweak: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v14.0

~BGEECLASSICMOVIES/SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restore BG1 movies to BG:EE -> Replace all movies: v1.00

~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v26beta2

~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v26beta2

~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v26beta2

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1036 // Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> All of Cloakwood Except the Mines: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Do Not Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1270 // Change Cloakwood Mine Chapter End Change Trigger to Non-TotSC Behavior (plainab) (BETA): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2290 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table Only (Blucher): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2339 // Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2410 // Druids Use 3E Alignment Restrictions: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3124 // Stop Haer'Dalis-Aerie romance from starting: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3191 // Disable Non-Hostile Rest Spawns: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3205 // Stores Purchase All Item Types: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3230 // Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armor (Icendoan/grogerson): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4090 // Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr): Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // Give Coran A Legal Dexterity Score of 19: Beta 5

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Make Xan a Generalist Mage (Mike1072): Beta 5

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Adjust FPS and fix audio skipping in cutscenes: 1.3

You all have been incredibly patient and helpful with my many questions. I really appreciate the assist!

Edited by ArthurP

Sorry, I just edited them out of my post - I really didn't install them this time, I just copied them into my message by mistake! I also got rid of a few other EET Tweaks components I wasn't sure about. Here's the correct version again:

WEI-DU.LOG

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kivan and Tazok: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Branwen and Tranzig: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #28 // Prism and the Emeralds Tweak: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v14.0

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v14.0

~BGEECLASSICMOVIES/SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restore BG1 movies to BG:EE -> Replace all movies: v1.00

Edited by ArthurP

I think I read somewhere that the 3E/IWD-style Sneak Attack is broken on the BG2EE 2.x engine, period. That if you enable it, thieves do sneak attacks with every hit, regardless of stealth or positioning.

If that's the case, then what is really called for is a mod that changes the sneak attack effect from xd6 damage, to something more creative. Save or suffer bleeding damage, save or take a temporary STR or DEX penalty, save or fall down, etc.

Ooh, ooh, and this could actually be coded into equipping effects in different weapon types - daggers could cause bleeding, staves could knock you down, clubs could stun you, etc. Reflecting thieves' sneaky nature - they don't just hit you with weapons, they use them in tricksy and unfair ways.

[Runs away to the batcave mod-cave Starbucks]