EET v13.4 released

Another indication may be found in the fact that EET_end which seals with a far bigger number of mods does not produce a similat issue.

Well, as long as we're not sure what causes the issue we can't tell if EET_end wouldn't fail as well under what ever circumstances make EET fail.

I will try to do a new separat Mega-Mod install and see how it goes...

EET will fail with an "out of memory" error.

I know this is a known problem but has anyone found a workaround

I have had this error but during the installation of stratagem at the end of the install

The only workaround for me was installing the mod in two step, and not in one go.

Weidu seems to fail when dealing with two many file

And for EET, one solution may be not installing to many mod in BGEE, but converting them to native EET support

Edited by Ikki

I can also add that I have not experienced the Out of Memory Error. I ran two different installs, mostly the same, except for a few tweak changes. These were both full Sandrah installs with many optional quest mods installed. I used BWS, and only BWS.

In case it's a hardware issue, I have a 64-bit OS (Windows 10) and 6gb of RAM. I followed the BWS instructions precisely, to include disabling of antivirus and UAC, as well as closing all other programs. I also performed the install on a fresh boot of my PC each time.

Would it be helpful to post my WeiDu logs (of the latest install) to aid in the troubleshooting process?

I decided to try installing a second instance of EET with BWS, with a different mod configuration, to compare to the first one.

Much was the same as my first (all the big mods, lots of tweaks and quest mods). The main difference is that this new instance does not include the Sandrah Saga. I adjusted a couple minor tweaks as well.

Early in the BWS install, I ran into this error:

WARNING: file "setup-NTotSCv171.tp2" does not exist (this is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-NTOTSCV171.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/NTotSCv171"). This might mean you did not extract all of the files of the mod, or it might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the version that you are using (you would see this message if the version you are using moved or renamed the tp2 file).

It looks like this is still in the Fixpack phase of the install, before everything is fully installed. What's more, NTOTSC installed just fine in my first instanced EET install. Indeed, that install completed flawlessly.

I checked and that .tp2 file exists within the NTOTSCv171 folder. Did something change, that BWS isn't recognizing the file anymore? Should I just copy over the file from my first instance of EET?

Thanks for any advice :)

Nothing was changed in NTOTSC recently. Also, the interim version should run without fixpack (like it did in your previous install).

Must be something in BWS/fixpack. (Certainly abg1 will read this and correct it pretty soon),

That's what I was thinking. Thanks Roxanne.

BWS will now remove the unnecessary NTotSCv171 patches for EE installs.

Wonderful! Thanks for quick work, agb1!

During my most recent attempt to install EET with BWS, I ran into some inconsistencies and things that don't make sense. These are new problems that did not exist with my first two BWS installs.

First, I notice during the Download Test phase that several mods register as that a different size is available, and that this is likely to be an updated version of said mods. However, during the actual download phase, those mods are not downloaded. They are already present on my system (apparently as an older version though?), but there appears to be no additional action taken by BWS to acquire the presumed new version. Is this normal behavior?

Second, I noticed during the Archive Test (or whatever it's called when BWS tests to see if mods are already present and correct in the Downloads folder) that several mods show as not present that are. Again, during the Download phase, these indicated mods were not downloaded.

agb1, your fix worked for BWPFixpack, but BWS did not automatically update the Fixpack. I had to delete the Fixpack from my download folder to cause BWS to download the latest version. I'm unsure that this is intended behavior for BWS.

Finally, when I proceeded to the install, the below error appeared:

The following mod(s) could not be downloaded:
Might and Guile: The Mod itself (subtledoctor-Might_and_Guile-3.0-0-g2d51526.zip)

Some files could not be downloaded with the "BiG World Setup". Do you want the BWS to try to load the mods again, provide the files yourself (see remarks) or just continue?
Enter [r]etry, [p]rovide or [c]ontinue.

The file "subtledoctor-Might_and_Guile-3.0-0-g2d51526.zip" needed for the mod "Might and Guile" is missing.
Enter [d]ownload, elect, skip [o]ne or [a]ll missing files.

The file does not have the expected size.
Do you still want to force its usage, choose another one or cancel your selection?

The key issue is that the Might and Guile zip file already existed in my downloads folder. I tried removing the existing file, downloading it at the indicated URL, and selecting it. That resulted in the "not expected size" error. I then tried replacing the newly downloaded file with the old file and selecting it in BWS. The same "not expected size" error occurred.

In my previous two installs, this mod was selected identically to how it is now -- I changed no settings. Incidentally, Might and Guile was one of the mods listed as not present during the above mentioned Archive Test.

I have not proceeded further in the install, but I'm guessing that similar errors will occur with some of the other mods listed.

This did happen with different mods in a previous install attempt, but manually providing the archives solved the problem and allowed BWS to continue. Those mods have not appeared in the above lists and have not caused problems since.

It all worked so flawlessly, originally! :(

Edited by Lightbringer

First, I notice during the Download Test phase that several mods register as that a different size is available, and that this is likely to be an updated version of said mods. However, during the actual download phase, those mods are not downloaded. They are already present on my system (apparently as an older version though?), but there appears to be no additional action taken by BWS to acquire the presumed new version. Is this normal behavior?

I have a similar issue. As I've already reported on the Beamdog forums, my BWS claims several mods are not present (even though they are). However, mine starts to actually download these mods, only they ae the exact same versions I already had..

I have a similar issue. As I've already reported on the Beamdog forums, my BWS claims several mods are not present (even though they are). However, mine starts to actually download these mods, only they ae the exact same versions I already had..

The file size in the BiG World Setup/Config/Global/ .ini's might need an updates. Going through the list and correcting them is something that needs to be done at times to fix these things as the files might get an update without the file name change, nor a source folder changes...

Sorry Ulb for teh earlier outburst. My ba... evil. :devlook:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

agb1, your fix worked for BWPFixpack, but BWS did not automatically update the Fixpack. I had to delete the Fixpack from my download folder to cause BWS to download the latest version. I'm unsure that this is intended behavior for BWS.

I didn't actually make any changes in the Fixpack for the NTotSCv171 patch. That patch is for classic edition installs, and remains valid. BWS however doesn't use the same version of NToTSC when doing an EE install, so I added an instruction to BWS to remove the unnecessary NToTSCv171 patch. That was a change to BWS, not to the Fixpack itself, so in this case there was no need to download the Fixpack again.

As for the problems with download size, as Jarno noted, BWS keeps track of expected file sizes and file names in the modname.ini files in BWS\Config\Global. During the download phase, BWS uses each download link to check the online file to see if it matches the expected size and name. If there is a mismatch, BWS attempts to download the (presumably changed) file. Then BWS updates its local files to reflect the new expected size, but that change will be reverted the next time you restart BWS using the "with updates" bat file, because those updates haven't been made to the public BWS release yet. ALIEN and I periodically update the public files to sync them up. In the interim, you can use the 'f'orce answer in BWS to make it use the newer version that you know is correct. That should avoid the "not found" error later in the process. If you get a "not found" error despite choosing the 'f'orce option in BWS, that would be a bug in BWS.

The file size in the BiG World Setup/Config/Global/ .ini's might need an updates. Going through the list and correcting them is something that needs to be done at times to fix these things as the files might get an update without the file name change, nor a source folder changes...

Shouldn't BWS update that automatically when it downloads a mod? It's kinda crazy if that has to happen manually.

OTOH if BWS *does* try to do that automatically, and fails, maybe it's a permissions issue or something similar?

I didn't actually make any changes in the Fixpack for the NTotSCv171 patch. That patch is for classic edition installs, and remains valid. BWS however doesn't use the same version of NToTSC when doing an EE install, so I added an instruction to BWS to remove the unnecessary NToTSCv171 patch. That was a change to BWS, not to the Fixpack itself, so in this case there was no need to download the Fixpack again.

As for the problems with download size, as Jarno noted, BWS keeps track of expected file sizes and file names in the modname.ini files in BWS\Config\Global. During the download phase, BWS uses each download link to check the online file to see if it matches the expected size and name. If there is a mismatch, BWS attempts to download the (presumably changed) file. Then BWS updates its local files to reflect the new expected size, but that change will be reverted the next time you restart BWS using the "with updates" bat file, because those updates haven't been made to the public BWS release yet. ALIEN and I periodically update the public files to sync them up. In the interim, you can use the 'f'orce answer in BWS to make it use the newer version that you know is correct. That should avoid the "not found" error later in the process. If you get a "not found" error despite choosing the 'f'orce option in BWS, that would be a bug in BWS.

I'll try the force option.

It does update automatically, but only locally. Our "auto-update" feature is a bit draconian and wipes out any local changes when re-syncing to the public master.

That's an interesting issue to untangle. I'm not sure where you'd begin, giving the large number of mods that can trigger local updates every time they change. Perhaps with BWS not automatically thinking it needs to download the new version? I like that aspect of BWS :( Pros and Cons on both sides...

Thanks for the explanation, Jarno and agb1. :)

Might very well be that the simplest and most effective work around is for us to just know to (f)orce if we're in between public updates. Besides, once EET becomes more widespread and 1.0+ stable, we'll have fewer folks doing repeated installs within the same day or two :p I imagine normal behavior would be a new install every few months, at most frequent.

Thanks for all the information. I didn't expect BWS to use a manually updated list for file sizes either, kinda makes me feel bad for even whining about the issue. The amount of work you guys put into this is unbelievable, thanks again for that.

Once you know about the issue it's not a big deal anyway. Only the first time, when BWS deletes about 1 GB of data by “re-downloading” things can get a bit annoying for people with slower connections.

As for the memory issue: I did another mega-mod install, this time without any issues.

I can't give an exact list of mods that I added or removed since I don't have the previous log, but one mod that I consciously left out was Siren for BG1/SoD because someone in another report mentioned that one “causing” the issue.

To be clear though: I do not claim that the mod is indeed the culprit. Actually I have that one installed on my none mega-mod EET version and everything works just fine. Just mentioning it since it might be worth further investigating..

I'll attach my BWS install order to this post. (I manually installed some smaller private mods just before EET_end though that should be of no consequence.)

@Jarno

No worries, I didn't take it too seriously, just some friendly sparring. :)

EE_SandrahMEGAMOD.ini

Edited by Ulb

Of further interest, all of my successful installs (now 3, thanks for the help) have included the Lure of the Sirine's Call, albeit without the Expanded Lighthouse. It is marked expert, as I recall because of a graphical issue that causes crashes. No problems to report.

Some bugs are hard to squash! Gotta find the little suckers first :devil: