EET v13.4 released

See now, those kinds of numbers put a big ole smile on my face. Add in other big mods, and IWD-EET... <sigh of contentment>.

I took those numbers out of the tool described in the link. Be cautious - the time captured here is calculated from the minures the game is really *running*, i.e it is not the time you actually spent on the game (all the pauses, reading dialogues, sorting inventory, travelling, loading and re-loading etc.).

I looked at it a bit more consciously at it today, because I felt the numbers where really low - and yes they are. It is actually just the time when that little clockwork in the left bottom corner is turning. Real time you spent is nearly double of that...

Just finished my first EET 6.3C full (or I try do to visit everywhere) it was GREAT !!!!!

:goodwork:

Now I try a BWS in tactical version (especially to try Sandrah Saga), waiting for IWD-in-EET :)

keep in mind that there are currently some oddities in BWS when it comes to default tactical installation. Things I've noticed:

- BWS currently doesn't print message in the window log when conflict is detected during installation or if mod fails to install. If BWS stops working you need to press debug button to see it (it will ask you to press "c" to continue or "s" to skip)

- currently some components dependencies seems incorrectly set and results in stopping installation awaiting for the above mentioned manual response. Here are all of those instances in my last tactical installation:

+ aTweaks
0156: Fiendish gating ˛

The mod was also selected, but stands in conflict with this component.
Attention: You see this text here, since components that need this mod or have a conflict have most likely made an error.
This is assumed because of the selection of the components within the BiG World Setup and not of data from the weidu.log.
You can try to install the component anyway, skip it or exit the program.
Enter [i]nstall, [s]kip or [e]xit.
[s]
+ Spell Revisions v4 (pre-release)
0000: Spell Revisions ą

The mod is required by this component, but was removed of the selection.
Attention: You see this text here, since components that need this mod or have a conflict have most likely made an error.
This is assumed because of the selection of the components within the BiG World Setup and not of data from the weidu.log.
[s]
Removing spell_rev #40
### 0050: Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens ###
The following circumstances prevent the installation:
spell_rev (component 40 or 50) needs spell_rev (component 0).
Spell Revisions v4 (pre-release)
0000: Spell Revisions ą

[s]
Removing spell_rev #50
##### Divine Remix #####
### 0011: Install new spells -> Only add spells if not present from other mods ###
Ready for installation
### 0100: Cleric Remix ###
refinements (component 10) is preferred to Divine_Remix (component 100 or 200).
Divine Remix
0200: Druid Remix ˛

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #100
+ Divine Remix
0100: Cleric Remix ą

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #103
+ Divine Remix

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #106
+ Divine Remix

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #112
+ Divine Remix

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #115
+ Divine Remix

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #118
+ Divine Remix

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #121
+ Divine Remix

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #124
+ Divine Remix

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #127

### 0130: Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit ###
Divine_Remix (component 103, 106, 107, 109, 112, 115, 118, 121, 124, 127 or 130) needs Divine_Remix (component 100).
Divine Remix

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #130

### 0200: Druid Remix ###
refinements (component 10) is preferred to Divine_Remix (component 100 or 200).

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #200

### 0203: Install Oozemaster Druid kit ###
Divine_Remix (component 203) needs Divine_Remix (component 200).
Divine Remix
0200: Druid Remix ą

[s]
Removing Divine_Remix #203
##### EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks #####
### 0000: Teleport spell (EET) ###
SandrahNPC is preferred to teleport or EET_Tweaks (component 0).
Teleport Spell ˛

[s]
Removing eet_tweaks #0
This component requires "Smarter Priests" to be installed
Improved Cloakwood Druids (Sword Coast Stratagems) was skipped.

If a component was skipped during the install, this indicates a conflict or dependency that's still missing in the BWS. Either a similar component is already installed and thus this message is harmless, or the component depends on a mod that's missing. If you don't want to continue after your analysis, you can stop the BiG World Setup now and resume from this point later.
Enter [c]ontinue or [e].
[c]
Removing stratagems #7090
This component requires "Smarter Beholders" to be installed
Improved Unseeing Eye (Sword Coast Stratagems) was skipped.

If a component was skipped during the install, this indicates a conflict or dependency that's still missing in the BWS. Either a similar component is already installed and thus this message is harmless, or the component depends on a mod that's missing. If you don't want to continue after your analysis, you can stop the BiG World Setup now and resume from this point later.
Enter [c]ontinue or [e].
[c]
Removing stratagems #8070
SKIPPING: [Fix Smarter Abazigal]
    Requires Smarter Abazigal

D:\Games\BWS>
Requires Smarter Abazigal
Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Abazigal (Jim's Fixes and Tweaks) was skipped.

Enter [c]ontinue or [e].
[c]
Removing jimfix #3
### 0004: Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Irenicus ###
Ready for installation
Setup-jimfix.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view  --force-install-list 4 --logapp
[Setup-jimfix.exe] WeiDU version 24000

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

SKIPPING: [Fix Smarter Irenicus at the Throne]
    Requires Smarter Ascension Irenicus

D:\Games\BWS>
Requires Smarter Ascension Irenicus
Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Irenicus (Jim's Fixes and Tweaks) was skipped.

Enter [c]ontinue or [e].
[c]
Removing jimfix #4

So yeah, you will need to each time open the log to see what button to send manually if you want to install all the mods selected by default in tactical installation. Looks like these are conflicts between mods or wrong components selected by default by BWS.

Also there were some warnings/errors during installation that I don't think exist when the mods are installed on clean game (or at least I didn't notice them the last time I've tested these mods installation, although these may be recent regressions):

- Spell Revisions

ERROR: Failure("resource [sppr951d.itm] not found for 'COPY'")
Mirror Image Fix (Spell Revisions v4 (pre-release)) was not installed due to errors.

- Animal Companions For All Rangers (Optional: Druids)

Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

[action list near line 106, column 27 of AnimalCompanions/files3/UBRPET.d] PARSE WARNING at line 106 column 1-14
Near Text: )
    Too many arguments to [DestroySelf]. Recovering.

- might_and_guile

WARNING: no effects altered on d5_rfc1.spl
The Feat System (for Warriors and Rogues, requires EE 2.0+, includes Revised Stalker and Shadowdancer, disables Scout kit) (Might and Guile) was installed with warnings.
Edited by K4thos

- BWS currently doesn't print message in the window log when conflict is detected during installation or if mod fails to install. If BWS stops working you need to press debug button to see it...

The BWS has multiple settings for debug actions, you can set it to skip failed installs and it has other options... what one sets them into, is likely not what the others do... so you might see unexpected things like this cause you just did it yourself.

The BWS has multiple settings for debug actions, you can set it to skip failed installs and it has other options... what one sets them into, is likely not what the others do... so you might see unexpected things like this cause you just did it yourself.

If that's the case than I think it would be better if BWS would use following options by default:

- always print above mentioned messages that requires you to manually send a letter in window log - why would this be optional feature?

- if the mod fails to install than send [C] - I'm yet to find a mod that would successfully install after printing an error so [R]etry doesn't make much sense and waiting for user confirmation prevents player from leaving the program running for few hours without assistance

- if there is conflict detected with following message:

than of course I want to kip it. I don't see much point in waiting for player's confirmation. Same for this message:

Enter [c]ontinue or [e].

Edited by K4thos

- always print above mentioned messages that requires you to manually send a letter in window log - why would this be optional feature?

Well, the logging is subject to weidu functions, such as SILENT ... there's probably too many mods that use that.

The optional-ity comes from how errors are handled. You set it to the option you want. If you want for the mods get installed without any interactions from the user ... you select the options that skips mods that result to errors and goes to the next... be the skip BG2Fixpack or any other number of "critical" mods ... if you wish for all the interactions, you select the option to interact if any error occurs. And there's a few other options in between those... well there was last time I checked it... however long ago that was.

Just finished my first EET 6.3C full (or I try do to visit everywhere) it was GREAT !!!!!

Thank you for such an amazing work.

Now I try a BWS in tactical version (especially to try Sandrah Saga), waiting for IWD-in-EET :)

In addition to what K4thos reported on tactical install, it may also be a good idea to wait for Sandrah v 2.04, which will be released day after tomorrow.

Damned Roxanne ! :p

It just took me hours tonight to almost finish the BWS because of the multiple errors mentionned by K4thos (got the exact same one)

Is there any way to patch from 2.03 to 2.04 ? (very big changes ?), even if I have to restart the campaign I don't care :)

Love you work, you make that game greater evereday !

Damned Roxanne ! :p

It just took me hours tonight to almost finish the BWS because of the multiple errors mentionned by K4thos (got the exact same one)

Is there any way to patch from 2.03 to 2.04 ? (very big changes ?), even if I have to restart the campaign I don't care :)

Love you work, you make that game greater evereday !

If you allowed BWS to download the current version of my mod. then do not worry - other than the version number and the very last scene of SandrahToT you should be up-to-date (and maybe there is no further change required anyway, I was just going to reduce some quest and creature XPs, so nothing significant). This is the advantage of github to host the mods, my latest tested version is there.

So if that version installed without error, then just have fun.

Edited by Roxanne

Ok then, I won't miss too much :)

I just received the Gift of Mystra... waiting for the next things to come.

I imported my character from my previous run and its xperience when down from 8 000 000 xp point to 161 000.

I look into xpcap.2da and other file and I can't understand why it happened, any hint ?

BTW about the host, it seems that in Maximized, Sandrah and other mods were recorded has been hosted on lylynx website or something instead of github.

Maybe an updated of some "hostname" variable is required in BWS ?

BTW about the host, it seems that in Maximized, Sandrah and other mods were recorded has been hosted on lylynx website or something instead of github. Maybe an updated of some "hostname" variable is required in BWS ?

No, nothing has been hosted by lynxlynx.info website, it has only GitHub API Parser. The guys which host single file "http://lynxlynx.info/ie/modhub.php" has turn off access to this file and BWS was not able to get github.com links. Update was done and everything should works now.

At least for my mod this is nonsense

I have never heard of or used *lylynx website* whatever that is...

Don't worry, nothing is hosted outside github.com.

I believe the lynxlynx thing is just a little service to allow BWS to always find and pull the most recent release of mods hosted on Github.

Yep, very good service which he created and maintained for free.

Edited by ALIENQuake

BTW about the host, it seems that in Maximized, Sandrah and other mods were recorded has been hosted on lylynx website or something instead of github. Maybe an updated of some "hostname" variable is required in BWS ?

No, nothing has been hosted by lynxlynx.info website, it has only GitHub API Parser. The guys which host single file "http://lynxlynx.info/ie/modhub.php" has turn off access to this file and BWS was not able to get github.com links. Update was done and everything should works now.

At least for my mod this is nonsense

I have never heard of or used *lylynx website* whatever that is...

Don't worry, nothing is hosted outside github.com.

I believe the lynxlynx thing is just a little service to allow BWS to always find and pull the most recent release of mods hosted on Github.

Yep, very good service which he created and maintained for free.

Thanks for clarifying this. Just irritated.

And it was not meant as any critisism on BWS and its maintainers who do a great job - it is just such an overwhelming tasks (especially when something unexpected happens on top of all the other work you do.).