EET v13.4 released

K4thos,

There are two more GUI texts problem from BG2EE that you may want to fix in your custom UI.

The help message when you hit escape in the Assign keys screen uses the wrong string number. It should be 80750 instead of 24680.

The message when you try to delete a contingency uses the wrong string number. It should be 32665 instead of 24398.

post-6091-0-92313300-1501867177_thumb.jpg

post-6091-0-31511000-1501867183_thumb.jpg

thanks, argent77. If someone needs a hotfix for a game started from ToB use this clua code:

C:Eval'ActionOverride(Player1,AddSpecialAbility("SPIN822"))'

Version 1.0 Release Candidate 9.2d

• fixed minor GUI text problems (Assign keys tip, Delete a contingency tip) - both vanilla bugs
  • starting a new ToB campaign grants the "Slayer Change" innate ability
  • starting a new ToB campaign reveals Sacred Grove on worldmap (this time for real)

edit:

Version 1.0 Release Candidate 9.2e

• Latest tileconv and tile2ee compatible with macOS Sierra

Version 1.0 Release Candidate 9.2f

• Improved mac compatibility
Edited by K4thos

Is this an EET issue?

The TextScreen("ISLON") is launched from islon.bcs. This is the cutscene + text for the journey to Balduran's island during BG1.

Instead of some related textscreen, the Sarevok as Bhaal background of Guidrm7.mos is used.

Change-log for islon.2da says no mod changed the file, which looks *strange* to me with 8 where normally the mos file is referenced.

2DA             V1.0
                0               1
SWITCH          DEFAULT         REPUTATION
DEFAULT         -1              -1
GOOD_REPUTATION -1              223355
BAD_REPUTATION  -1              223355
GOOD_POWER      NONE            NONE
BAD_POWER       NONE            NONE

The displayed text itself (223355) is the correct one.

I have no idea what except EET itself may cause this. Admit that it is *cosmetic* glitch at most.

Edited by Roxanne

Roxanne, it's the "8" in the above quote that causes it (this value refers to GUI code). Both ISLOFF.2DA and ISLON.2DA will be patched during installation to use LEAVEA.MOS and ARRIVEA.MOS is the next release. Thanks for reporting.

Edited by K4thos

I have noticed a (cosmetic) issue regarding invisible creatures. They are used a lot in SoD to simulate all kinds of activity. In SoD their name uses strref 0 which should essentially be an empty string. However, EET uses strref -1 instead which causes the invisible creatures to display random party member names when using TAB.

Example: BD5200.ARE contains many instances of BDTARGET.CRE (see archer training near southern entrance).

I think 0 might not be an empty string in BG2EE... that's just going off the top of my head, but I have a vague recollection of that being the reason I use -1 instead of 0 for empty strings in all my mods...

Strref 0 ("<NO TEXT>") will be resolved as an empty string that isn't displayed when used as creature name. Behavior of BG1EE and BG2EE are identical in this regard. Setting name to strref 0 solves the issue in EET.

Edit: The random name issue when using strref -1 is most likely a game bug and has to be fixed by Beamdog.

Edited by argent77