EET v13.4 released

• solved installation problems on patch 2.6: #60 #61
  • complete German translation by by jaydee2k, Shai Hulud and Weigo: #62
  • updated French translation by Jazira33: 916df43
  • fixed bug with conversion of the BG:EE kitlist.2da PROFICIENCY column
  • fixed small problems in macros resource conversion code
  • fixed cpmvars Beregost_House08 name (duplicated entry instead of L1/L2 variant)
  • fixed typo in transition script: #51
  • fixed continuity problem with SoD Minsc and Dynaheir: #55
  • removed journal overriding function
  • small correction in polish translation: #59
  • removed compatibility patches for mods that received native support for post-EET installation (kept BG1 NPC Project as installable for now, in case some mod still needs this order)
  • folder structure as requested by Project Infinity maintainers
  • changed version naming convention (dropped "Release Candidate")
  • WeiDU updated to version 247
Edited by K4thos

Also, the change 'fixed cpmvars Beregost_House08 name', seems to clobber BGQE as now I get the following error in the Worried Farmer component:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [%Beregost_House08%.are] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

Since the error did not happened beforehand, I am assuming this is a regression in EET and not BGQE, which is why I am posting in this thread instead of the BGQE one.

Edited by grodrigues
typo
1 hour ago, grodrigues said:

Resource [%Beregost_House08%.are] not found in KEY file: [./chitin.key]

@K4thos because of legacy reasons, the entry for "House 08" needs to be:

OUTER_SPRINT "Beregost_House08" "BG3355"
    OUTER_SPRINT "Beregost_House08_L2" "BG3356"

i.e. no "_L1" ending for the lower level. This goes for all entries in all files. For consistency, this should also be applied for the bcs entries, i.e.

OUTER_SPRINT "Beregost_House08_BCS" "BG3355"
    OUTER_SPRINT "Beregost_House08_L2_BCS" "BG3356"

8 hours ago, grodrigues said:

Currently getting a PARSE_ERROR in compat/bg1npc/include.tph in latest release. Inspecting the file, it seems to be malformed comments leaving a dangling END. Using // to comment out the whole block fixes the problem.

6 hours ago, jastey said:

@K4thos because of legacy reasons, the entry for "House 08" needs to be:

i.e. no "_L1" ending for the lower level. This goes for all entries in all files. For consistency, this should also be applied for the bcs entries, i.e.

thanks, both problems have been fixed locally.

grodrigues, keep in mind that BG1NPC Project supports EET natively, so you don't have to install it on BG:EE anymore.

2 hours ago, Jack3150 said:

Not sure if this is a bug or something I done wrong on my end but when I try to load EET v13 on Project Infinity, it still shows up as RC12 instead.

That's usual case when tp2 VERSION wasn't updated. It is RC 13. Next version should hopefully have correct tp2 VERSION.

@K4thos:

Installing on MacOS failed with error message "Baldur's Gate II executable not found"; tried several times with the exact same error message.

Taking a look at EET/EET.tp2, I think the problem might come from the block of code here:

/////                                                  \\\\\
///// Exe patching                                     \\\\\
/////                                                  \\\\\

OUTER_SET found_exe = 0
ACTION_IF ~%WEIDU_OS%~ STR_EQ ~win32~ BEGIN
	ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~Baldur.exe~ BEGIN
		COPY ~Baldur.exe~ ~Baldur.exe~
		AT_NOW ~%lua% %MOD_FOLDER%/lib/binary.lua Baldur.exe~
		OUTER_SET found_exe = 1
	END
END ELSE ACTION_IF ~%WEIDU_OS%~ STR_EQ ~osx~ BEGIN
	ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition~ BEGIN
		OUTER_SPRINT exec ~./BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition~
	END ELSE ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~../MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition~ BEGIN
		OUTER_SPRINT exec ~../MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition~
	END
	ACTION_IF VARIABLE_IS_SET exec BEGIN
		COPY ~%exec%~ ~%exec%~
		AT_NOW ~%lua% %MOD_FOLDER%/lib/binary.lua %exec%~
		OUTER_SET found_exe = 1
	END
END ELSE BEGIN //unix
	ACTION_FOR_EACH file IN BaldursGateII BaldursGateII64 BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition64 BEGIN
		ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~%file%~ BEGIN
			COPY ~%file%~ ~%file%~
			AT_NOW ~%lua% %MOD_FOLDER%/lib/binary.lua ./%file%~
			OUTER_SET found_exe = 1
		END
	END
END
ACTION_IF found_exe = 0 BEGIN
	FAIL ~Baldur's Gate II executable not found~
END

Where it was expecting to find ~BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition~, while at least in my BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/ folder, I have only "baldursgate-macos" and "libsteam_api.dylib" present.

I don't have my mac with me at the moment, so I cannot test myself, but wanted to point it out anyways. Could it be Beamdog changed the name of the executable with the 2.6 upgrade?

The install of EET_end does not fail, but it spits this at the end:

chmod: cannot access './EET/bin/unix/weidu': No such file or directory
/bin/sh: line 1: ./eet/bin/unix/weidu: No such file or directory

This is on linux. The error is that the weidu executable is located in the subdir x86_64; have to alter lines 701 and 702 of EET_end.tp2 to point to the correct location (or move the weidu executable).

On 6/28/2021 at 12:01 PM, guyudennis said:

Installing on MacOS failed with error message "Baldur's Gate II executable not found"; tried several times with the exact same error message.

Taking a look at EET/EET.tp2, I think the problem might come from the block of code here:

I vaguely recall this being a general issue, because EET cannot actually modify the MacOS executable. So the solution is not necessarily to direct it to the proper app executable, but rather to simply skip the .exe patching when installing on MacOS.

(Or maybe it can modify the MacOS executable, but it definitely cannot modify the iOS executable... I had a version of RC11 or RC12 with appropriate code commented out such that EET could be run on iOS, but that was over a year ago, dang if I can find it now... :( )

On 6/28/2021 at 6:01 PM, guyudennis said:

Where it was expecting to find ~BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition~, while at least in my BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition.app/Contents/MacOS/ folder, I have only "baldursgate-macos" and "libsteam_api.dylib" present.

I don't have my mac with me at the moment, so I cannot test myself, but wanted to point it out anyways. Could it be Beamdog changed the name of the executable with the 2.6 upgrade?

please provide exact relative patch to game binary (including filename), starting from directory with chitin.key.

13 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I vaguely recall this being a general issue, because EET cannot actually modify the MacOS executable.

most likely it can. The file is just not found in the expected directory.

Edited by K4thos