What is going on with forums?

Sir Kalthorine

Hmm... while we are on that, maybe we can do some sort of History of IE Modding? Since I was no here for that long, please, feel free to correct and add events:

1999 - A YEAR OF INFINITY - this year started it all. The modding community sort of emerges (?) from the core players...

1999 - BG1 is released.

1999(?) - TeamBG established

c 1999/2000 - TDD is released

c 1999/2000 - first fan made fixes are released (?)

? - NI released

?- Older DU's?

? - IESDP established?

c 2000-2001: Arnel's Nalia and Tashia are out (?)

In 1999-2000 the TeamBG utilities are the main tools on the market

2001- BG2SoA (or was it 2000?)

2001 - A YEAR of WeiDU (?) I think that's when not satisfied with TeamBG tools Weimer creates WeiDU

2001 - WeiDU is created, Weimer works on Solaufein (?)

2001- FWP created to host Kelsey

2002 - FWStudios is established as a separate site from FWP

2002 - Mods stop being a rarity and modded NPCs are in works

2002 - (?) DLTCEP is started in order to create a Total conversion from BG2 to Dragon Lance world and promotes creation of DLTCEP tool

c 2002 - CoM(?) forums created

c 2003 - Blackship (?) forums created

2003 - G3 forums created

2003 - TUTU is created and lunched as the first successful application of Weimer's WeiMORPH

2004 - PPG created and FWP and FWS are merged into FW

In the interests of being a RAEL MODDING COMMUNITY, I feel that G3 must also have its own biased version of events. As such, I've used Domi's post as a staring point for an IE modding history.

1999 - A YEAR OF INFINITY - this year started it all. The modding community sort of emerges (?) from the core players...

1999 - BG1 is released.

1999(?) - TeamBG established

c 1999/2000 - TDD is released

c 1999/2000 - first fan made fixes are released (?)

? - NI released

?- Older DU's?

? - IESDP established?

c 2000-2001: Arnel's Nalia and Tashia are out (?)

In 1999-2000 the TeamBG utilities are the main tools on the market

2001- BG2SoA (or was it 2000?)

2001 - A YEAR of WeiDU (?) I think that's when not satisfied with TeamBG tools Weimer creates WeiDU

2001 - WeiDU is created, Weimer works on Solaufein (?)

2001- FWP created to host Kelsey

2002 - FWStudios is established as a separate site from FWP

2002 - Mods stop being a rarity and modded NPCs are in works

2002 - (?) DLTCEP is started in order to create a Total conversion from BG2 to Dragon Lance world and promotes creation of DLTCEP tool

c 2002 - CoM(?) forums created

c 2003 - Blackship (?) forums created

2003 - G3 forums created

2003 - TUTU is created and lunched as the first successful application of Weimer's WeiMORPH

2004 - PPG created and FWP and FWS are merged into FW

Igi once proposed doing a "modder family tree" but abandoned it about 10 seconds later when he realized how much work it would be.

There were a couple of attempts at partial modding history submitted to a Blackwyrm contest, but they sadly didn't get much attention.

So, yeah, we'll just stick to our own personal histories which all look a lot like Cramd0g's.

As for the facts, I'm pretty sure it was 1998 = BG, 1999 = TotSC, 2000 = SoA, ToB = 2001.

And as for biased histories: Kelsey and WeiDU started it all! I am 33% responsible for the mod revolution! Woohoo!

Edit: Wait, wait, if we're to be really biased, I'll skew things even more in my favour. I am 34% responsible for it all.

Archived