Mike1072

Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta

(e): Again, I'm a dummy.

No. You try(let's assume at least) your best with the given memory you have access, and the above subject has multiple matters I won't go into cause I don't have ethernity to hash them out right now... nor try to make actual whole sentences. :devlook: ... but keep trying.

(e): Again, I'm a dummy. Feel free to ignore. Unsure why that subcomponent didn't work fully without the main component - perhaps it had trouble updating the descriptions without IR's main component installed, but its abilities are actually correct?

You are right: I just tried installing the main component first and now all the shields are updated correctly.

I'm sorry, but in the readme the main component is not specified as required, and since the Medium and Large shields were updated even without the main component anyway, I thought it was a bug.
Thank you very much!

The main component should not be required to install the revised shield component, so thank you for the bug report.

Notices from my BGEE walkthrough (IR, SR and SCS installed):

- The quest where you got poisened by Marek in the city is not solvable with the potion provided by IR (due to changes in EE patch 2.5, problem and solution documented here: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29585)

- The "Shield of Falling Stars" has a mini-bam which looks silly for a towershield.

- If you pick up Safana, she has profiency in Scimitar, but wields an Ninja-to (inconsistent due to the weapon changes introduced by IR).

- The werewolf in Ulgoth's Beard (Loup garou/Mendas/Selaad Gan) can only be hit with weapons with the "Cold Iron" property. I found no weapon with this property (I tried Varscona, Baldurans Sword, Werebane and Flame Tongue). At least Werebane and Baldurans Sword should be able to hit this beast. Currently only magic works.

Notices from my BGEE walkthrough (IR, SR and SCS installed):
- The quest where you got poisened by Marek in the city is not solvable with the potion provided by IR (due to changes in EE patch 2.5, problem and solution documented here: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29585)
- The "Shield of Falling Stars" has a mini-bam which looks silly for a towershield.
- If you pick up Safana, she has profiency in Scimitar, but wields an Ninja-to (inconsistent due to the weapon changes introduced by IR).
- The werewolf in Ulgoth's Beard (Loup garou/Mendas/Selaad Gan) can only be hit with weapons with the "Cold Iron" property. I found no weapon with this property (I tried Varscona, Baldurans Sword, Werebane and Flame Tongue). At least Werebane and Baldurans Sword should be able to hit this beast. Currently only magic works.

MArek quest will (I guess) be fixed in EET.

Per shields- a few of them look silly, I agree. Will fix.

Safana - no promises, I've never tweaked NPCs.

Cold Iron - this is as old as IRv3 I think. Will fix. Iirc, Flame Tongue, Balduran bastard sword, Balduran dagger and, Albruin and +3 Bastard vs Shapeshifters had this.

I'm gonna set it for Balduran items and Flame Tongue, it doesn't fit to Albruin nor LAwgiver in IR.

For clarification: EET was not installed. The bug was caused by IR.

But the fix from the linked thread worked for me nevertheless.

Daystar +4

The weapon causes 2 damage to the wielder each time it is equipped. The EFF for applying "+2 bonus to evil creatures" seems entirely broken (at least it is looking completely different to the EFF of similar effects like the the +6 damage vs evil from Foebane +5).

Posted (edited)

That...sounds like something somebody would've noticed by now. But looking at EVILDAM2 in BG2:EE, you do appear to be correct - instead of opcode 179 (damage vs. creature type modifier) with type 0 (no) targeting, it's opcode 12 (damage) with self-targeting. Does not apply to IRR because I added my own .effs for this rather than trying to repurpose vanilla's, nor to non-EE games since it's correct in vanilla.

Edited by Bartimaeus

On BG2EE with SCS v31, SR v4b16 and IR v4b10:

Bracers of Speed
When the 5% fatigue effect triggers, the character performs an animation like he is casting a spell. This is annoying, as he stops attacking.

Saving Grace +3
No Bug here, but it was hilarious to see Kangaxx bashing his skull against this shield killing himself in the process. The floating skull in Watchers Keep did the same. Felt not right.
This shield is the only item that deals damage to the attacker even if the attacker did not hit.

Edited by Lianos

Bracers of Speed: brac11.eff needs to be set to type 1 instead of type 0, already fixed in IRR.

Saving Grace: I guess you'd need SCS to flag this shield as being "anti-undead" and something for non-mindless undead to generally avoid when possible if IR is installed.

(e): Also, Saving Grace should possibly use condition 0 (hit by) instead of 7 (attacked by), as well as target 1 (last attacker) instead of 2 (nearest enemy). I am guessing that it was made this way to limit its damage output, maybe?

Edited by Bartimaeus

Guest Jc2486

I'm running IR ver 4b10 and I find a minor mistake in the description of Wakizashi (SW1H46)

In the description, there is +1 THAC0 bonus, which is absent in its actual stat.

Guest Jc2486

I'm running IR ver 4b10 and Shamans are not able to use axes in the game, which does not match the description.

In the unmodded game, Druid (30) is excluded from the attribute Unusable by and druids are prohibited from using axes by adding effect Restricted item (319)

Guest Jc2486
1 hour ago, Guest Jc2486 said:

I'm running IR ver 4b10 and Shamans are not able to use axes in the game, which does not match the description.

In the unmodded game, Druid (30) is excluded from the attribute Unusable by and druids are prohibited from using axes by adding effect Restricted item (319)

Similarly, Shamans are now able to use scimitars in the game. Restricted item effect should be added to scimitars.

3 hours ago, Guest Jc2486 said:

I'm pretty sure I made a hotfix for this a while ago (like a year or two ago). God knows where it is, though. Might be somewhere in this forum. 

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

I'm pretty sure I made a hotfix for this a while ago (like a year or two ago). God knows where it is, though. Might be somewhere in this forum. 

I think your code is waiting in a pull request.  Can't remember why I didn't merge it right away.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.