Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta

The Longbow that requires 19 STR to use ("Strongarm?" Something like that, I forget) claims to have +30 damage in its item description.  Which is patently ridiculous, but also (thankfully) incorrect.  Inspection in NI reveals its "launcher" ability header has 2d6+12 damage.  Normally with launchers, the projectile handles damage, so I guess this is added on top of the normal arrow damage?  Which would be 3d6+12 total.  Still pretty ridiculous, even though its weapon speed is set to 10.  It might be interesting if it had a "set final APR to 1" effect similar to that halberd in BGEE, but that effect is EE-only AFAIK.  This probably needs rebalancing, and in any event the description should be made accurate.

(In case I'm the one who ends up fixing this, consider it a 'note to self.' ;) )

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

The Longbow that requires 19 STR to use ("Strongarm?" Something like that, I forget) claims to have +30 damage in its item description.  Which is patently ridiculous, but also (thankfully) incorrect.  Inspection in NI reveals its "launcher" ability header has 2d6+12 damage.  Normally with launchers, the projectile handles damage, so I guess this is added on top of the normal arrow damage?  Which would be 3d6+12 total.  Still pretty ridiculous, even though its weapon speed is set to 10.  It might be interesting if it had a "set final APR to 1" effect similar to that halberd in BGEE, but that effect is EE-only AFAIK.  This probably needs rebalancing, and in any event the description should be made accurate.

(In case I'm the one who ends up fixing this, consider it a 'note to self.' ;) )

It has a strong damage bonus, but I thought it was more in the realm of a simple +6, not +12 or +30 or 2D6 + 12. It sounds like something has gone wrong there.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Feedback to some of subtledoctors patches:

• Silver weapons vs Loup garou etc - check for Flame Tounge and Werebane
  • Mareks antidote works as intended - check
  • Daystar does not do damage anymore when equipped - check
  • Bracers of Speed - still an anmiation when triggered, and no fatigue effect anmyore - I think this was not intended?

On 1/31/2019 at 1:23 PM, Lianos said:

Bracers of Speed
When the 5% fatigue effect triggers, the character performs an animation like he is casting a spell. This is annoying, as he stops attacking.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:53 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Bracers of Speed: brac11.eff needs to be set to type 1 instead of type 0, already fixed in IRR.

On 8/4/2020 at 3:03 PM, Lianos said:

Feedback to some of subtledoctors patches:

• Bracers of Speed - still an anmiation when triggered, and no fatigue effect anmyore - I think this was not intended?

I've been reviewing subtledoctor's patches for inclusion and can confirm that his patch still has the animation issue, while it's been resolved in IRR.

However, there seems to be a bigger problem here.  I did some testing on BG:EE and all of the different implementations are applying the fatigue effects to the creature being hit rather than the wielder.  I even did a little digging and tested out subtledoctor's suggestions from this other topic and experienced the same result.

@subtledoctor & @Bartimaeus, are you seeing the same thing?  (I recommend adjusting the probability chance in the .eff before testing.)

8 hours ago, Mike1072 said:

I've been reviewing subtledoctor's patches for inclusion and can confirm that his patch still has the animation issue, while it's been resolved in IRR.

However, there seems to be a bigger problem here.  I did some testing on BG:EE and all of the different implementations are applying the fatigue effects to the creature being hit rather than the wielder.  I even did a little digging and tested out subtledoctor's suggestions from this other topic and experienced the same result.

@subtledoctor & @Bartimaeus, are you seeing the same thing?  (I recommend adjusting the probability chance in the .eff before testing.)

Though the .eff (brac11) casting the spell targets "self", the effects of the .spl itself do not, and instead do pre-target (2). I don't know enough about the set effect opcodes (248 and 249) to know how they're supposed to work, but I suppose the .spl doesn't carry over the targeting of the .eff and instead pre-target defaults to the attacked target. Simple fix by just setting each effect to self-targeting. Haven't used these bracers too much, guess I never noticed, haha. Tested...and that fixed it. However, for non-Revised IR/SR, that will create a new problem: SR uses the same .spl resource name (dvwinded.spl) for Haste's "fatigued" effect at the end of the duration, and it's the exact same resource with the same problematic targeting - only, it *needs* to be targeting 2 (pre-target) for Haste so that it affects the correct creatures. That's why I changed the resource for IR's Bracers of Speed to instead be "dvexhaus.spl" a while back, so there'd be no accidental overlap. I think you'd need to do the same, otherwise if you install IR after SR, then Haste will call a file with incorrect self targeting, while if you install SR after IR, Bracers of Speed will still have incorrect pre-target targeting. Thanks for letting me know!

The casting animation issue is obvious, of course - brac11.eff should cast use its cast spell opcode with instant spellcasting. Not sure why Subtledoctor didn't think it was necessary - thought it was odd at the time, since I very much recalled having to fix that, but didn't bother to question it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
16 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

brac11.eff should cast use its cast spell opcode with instant spellcasting. Not sure why Subtledoctor didn't think it was necessary

Pretty sure I did that - I almost never use "cast normally" in opcode 146 effects - as well as set the header target of the subspell from 5 to 7, for good measure.  Though that latter might be unnecessary, and in any event it appears that the change was undone in some regression or other.  I would think that the effect target of the subspell effects should be 9 ("original caster")... but if you're telling me that target 1 works, then I guess it works. 

I also agree that the subspell should have a different name - when I did those fixes I was working with IR alone, not in combination with SR, so I didn't notice that.

I went back and looked at your original notes, and you're right - what you *did* say is that it was already being cast instantly (you specifically wrote that it has a timing mode of 1, which is instant). But opening up the latest version of IR's brac11.eff shows that no it doesn't - it has a timing mode of 0 when casting dvwinded.spl, so the casting animation is still firing. Not sure what happened that that didn't appear to be the case for you at that time, but lord knows I've had a number of similarly incongruous situations occur to me over the years, so I can hardly blame you, haha.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Though the .eff (brac11) casting the spell targets "self", the effects of the .spl itself do not, and instead do pre-target (2). I don't know enough about the set effect opcodes (248 and 249) to know how they're supposed to work, but I suppose the .spl doesn't carry over the targeting of the .eff and instead pre-target defaults to the attacked target. Simple fix by just setting each effect to self-targeting. Haven't used these bracers too much, guess I never noticed, haha. Tested...and that fixed it.

Thanks, that seems to have done it.  It gets a little complicated when there are 4 different places defining the target.  I'll include the other changes as well.

Plain (non-EE) BG2+ToB

I get a crash when I'm browsing the items being sold by Priestess of Ilmater in Waukeen's Promenade (WILMAT.sto). One of her items for sale, which costs 40 gold, has a blank icon. Sometimes I get the crash immediately after I click on that item and sometimes I don't get an opportunity to do even that, as my mouse stops responding after I click on the buy/sell healing tab. In the latter case I get spammed by message boxes with broken text in them after I Alt-Tab.

I did a --change-log and learned that only the Store Revisions component of IR touches this store. Store Revisions was installed after SR, as per instructions in IR's readme, and I didn't install Expanded Temple Services from aTweaks --  another compatibility-sensitive component -- when I got the prompt.

Maybe I should have installed IR's Store Revisions immediately after SR's Main component and not after the rest of SR like I did.

WeiDU.log TobEx.log

Edited by Istfemer
Healing tab, not Buy & Sell
52 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Isn't it probably the broken item in the store that's the problem, not the store itself? Might want to figure out what that item is and changelog it as well.

After looking at that store in Near Infinity I can report the following:

The blank item in WILMAT.sto is actually a spell for sale. SPPR215.spl. Its name is listed in NI as "null".

Changelog told me that it wasn't touched by any mod, probably because it didn't actually get copied to anywhere from SR's folder.

---

Looks like it's a broken spell in SR. Its name in NI reads: "The blade of Sarevok..."

Hmm... some kind of broken index?

This thread in SR forum seems relevant.

Edited by Istfemer

Update:

I've just noticed problems with other spells in my game -- e.g.: Jaheira's got two different Conjure Earth Elemental (SPPR618 & SPPR622) and two different Conjure Air Elemental (SPPR617 & SPPR621) spells in her spellbook. In both cases the latter spell comes from aTweaks' "PnP Elementals" component.

I'm not sure what exactly happened there with SPPR215, but perhaps v33.7 of SCS couldn't solve the issue? Maybe the problem is on SR's end?

Edited by Istfemer
26 minutes ago, Istfemer said:

After looking at that store in Near Infinity I can report the following:

The blank item in WILMAT.sto is actually a spell for sale. SPPR215.spl. Its name is listed in NI as "null".

Changelog told me that it wasn't touched by any mod, probably because it didn't actually get copied to anywhere from SR's folder.

---

Looks like it's a broken spell in SR. Its name in NI reads: "The blade of Sarevok..."

Hmm... some kind of broken index?

The "name" ("The blade...") is just an unset string - these are set when the mod actually installs it into your game. The way SR installs new spells is not static - what is SPPR215.spl in the mod's directory may not be installed to the SPPR215.spl slot depending on whether there are currently more or less slots used than the mod expects (for example, you may already have a mod that installed a spell to SPPR215; SR would then attempt to install SPPR215 to something like SPPR216 if that's currently unused...or something later instead if it isn't, or somewhere else depending on a number of other factors). SPPR215 is intended to be Cure Moderate Wounds...but with what I said before, it might not be, so you'll have to look at it with NI and figure out if that's it is or upload it so that I/someone else can take a look at it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The "name" ("The blade...") is just an unset string - these are set when the mod actually installs it into your game. The way SR installs new spells is not static - what is SPPR215.spl in the mod's directory may not be installed to the SPPR215.spl slot depending on whether there are currently more or less slots used than the mod expects (for example, you may already have a mod that installed a spell to SPPR215; SR would then attempt to install SPPR215 to something like SPPR216 if that's currently unused...or something later instead if it isn't, or somewhere else depending on a number of other factors). SPPR215 is intended to be Cure Moderate Wounds...but with what I said before, it might not be, so you'll have to look at it with NI and figure out if that's it is or upload it so that I/someone else can take a look at it.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

In my game Cure Moderate Wounds is indeed SPPR216.spl and there's no SPPR215.spl in my override folder.