Jump to content

Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta


Mike1072

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Isn't it probably the broken item in the store that's the problem, not the store itself? Might want to figure out what that item is and changelog it as well.

After looking at that store in Near Infinity I can report the following:

The blank item in WILMAT.sto is actually a spell for sale. SPPR215.spl. Its name is listed in NI as "null".

Changelog told me that it wasn't touched by any mod, probably because it didn't actually get copied to anywhere from SR's folder.

---

Looks like it's a broken spell in SR. Its name in NI reads: "The blade of Sarevok..."

Hmm... some kind of broken index?

This thread in SR forum seems relevant.

Edited by Istfemer
Link to post

Update:

I've just noticed problems with other spells in my game -- e.g.: Jaheira's got two different Conjure Earth Elemental (SPPR618 & SPPR622) and two different Conjure Air Elemental (SPPR617 & SPPR621) spells in her spellbook. In both cases the latter spell comes from aTweaks' "PnP Elementals" component.

I'm not sure what exactly happened there with SPPR215, but perhaps v33.7 of SCS couldn't solve the issue? Maybe the problem is on SR's end?

Edited by Istfemer
Link to post
26 minutes ago, Istfemer said:

After looking at that store in Near Infinity I can report the following:

The blank item in WILMAT.sto is actually a spell for sale. SPPR215.spl. Its name is listed in NI as "null".

Changelog told me that it wasn't touched by any mod, probably because it didn't actually get copied to anywhere from SR's folder.

---

Looks like it's a broken spell in SR. Its name in NI reads: "The blade of Sarevok..."

Hmm... some kind of broken index?

The "name" ("The blade...") is just an unset string - these are set when the mod actually installs it into your game. The way SR installs new spells is not static - what is SPPR215.spl in the mod's directory may not be installed to the SPPR215.spl slot depending on whether there are currently more or less slots used than the mod expects (for example, you may already have a mod that installed a spell to SPPR215; SR would then attempt to install SPPR215 to something like SPPR216 if that's currently unused...or something later instead if it isn't, or somewhere else depending on a number of other factors). SPPR215 is intended to be Cure Moderate Wounds...but with what I said before, it might not be, so you'll have to look at it with NI and figure out if that's it is or upload it so that I/someone else can take a look at it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The "name" ("The blade...") is just an unset string - these are set when the mod actually installs it into your game. The way SR installs new spells is not static - what is SPPR215.spl in the mod's directory may not be installed to the SPPR215.spl slot depending on whether there are currently more or less slots used than the mod expects (for example, you may already have a mod that installed a spell to SPPR215; SR would then attempt to install SPPR215 to something like SPPR216 if that's currently unused...or something later instead if it isn't, or somewhere else depending on a number of other factors). SPPR215 is intended to be Cure Moderate Wounds...but with what I said before, it might not be, so you'll have to look at it with NI and figure out if that's it is or upload it so that I/someone else can take a look at it.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

In my game Cure Moderate Wounds is indeed SPPR216.spl and there's no SPPR215.spl in my override folder.

Link to post

Apparently, the official version of IR's Store Revisions is not currently equipped to handle the dynamic location of SR spells. I don't even remember changing IRR to be able to account for this, but it's already fixed there.

IR:

  ACTION_IF comp_sr=1 BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_medium_wounds") sppr215
    OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_serious_wounds") sppr315
    OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_critical_wounds") sppr401
  END

IRR:

  ACTION_IF comp_sr=1 BEGIN
    ACTION_IF (FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED (~SPELL.IDS~ ~[ %TAB%]CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%]~)) BEGIN
      LAF RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME STR_VAR spell_name = ~CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS~ RET spell_res END
      OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_medium_wounds") ~%spell_res%~
    END
    ACTION_IF (FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED (~SPELL.IDS~ ~[ %TAB%]CLERIC_CURE_MEDIUM_WOUNDS[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%]~)) BEGIN
      LAF RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME STR_VAR spell_name = ~CLERIC_CURE_MEDIUM_WOUNDS~ RET spell_res END
      OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_serious_wounds") ~%spell_res%~
    END
    ACTION_IF (FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED (~SPELL.IDS~ ~[ %TAB%]CLERIC_CURE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%]~)) BEGIN
      LAF RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME STR_VAR spell_name = ~CLERIC_CURE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS~ RET spell_res END
      OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_critical_wounds") ~%spell_res%~
    END
  END

There may very well be other stores that attempt to use SPPR215 instead of SPPR216 and consequently break, unfortunately.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

There may very well be other stores that attempt to use SPPR215 instead of SPPR216 and consequently break, unfortunately.

Indeed there are. I think every single store that offers this spell as a cure in my game was broken.

UHMER03.sto (Umar Hills), TEMTALOS.sto (Temple District), TEMSUP.sto (Trademeet), TEMLATH.sto (Temple District), TEMHELM.sto (Temple District), SUELF10.sto (Suldanessellar), SLILMAT.sto (Slums Disrict), SARTEM01.sto (Saradush), SAHPR1.sto (Sahuagin City), PPUMB01.sto (Brynnlaw), KPCHAP01.sto (De'Arnise Keep), GOVWAU01.sto (Government District), GARLENA.sto (Watcher's Keep), DOGHMA.sto (Docks District), BHELM.sto (Bridge District), AMCLER02.sto (Amkethran) all call SPPR215 'null' and all usually crash the game when the Healing tab is selected.

Edited by Istfemer
Link to post
16 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well, that seems very annoying. Oddly, I feel like I didn't write the fixed code myself, I think someone else did for the base version, but it must've never gotten included? Not entirely sure.

I'm pretty sure you took that code from my fork of Item Revisions.  You're welcome!

BTW and FYI everybody, my version includes a bunch more fixes and AFAIK it is currently the best version of IR for people to use.  (Pull requests have been made, and I think Mike has incorporated all that and maybe more into the IR repo; but an official "release" has not yet been made that includes the fixes.)

Edited by subtledoctor
Link to post
On 12/26/2020 at 9:06 AM, subtledoctor said:

I'm pretty sure you took that code from my fork of Item Revisions.  You're welcome!

BTW and FYI everybody, my version includes a bunch more fixes and AFAIK it is currently the best version of IR for people to use.  (Pull requests have been made, and I think Mike has incorporated all that and maybe more into the IR repo; but an official "release" has not yet been made that includes the fixes.)

Oh man, I was reviewing that PR back in May, doing some rebasing, and then I forgot all about it.

Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...