Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta

as an effect from copying different files to replace the already used ones. Or in the case of not adding the graphics, not copying them over ... as then they just use the vanilla variety of files.

That doesn't really work for IR, per se. It might more or less work in some cases, but some icons, colors, certain animations will be missing or screwed up.

but some icons, colors, certain animations will be missing or screwed up.

If it's missing, it can be replaced with the original games assets, at least animation and icons... colors a bit different, yeah.

Aka if you have a Sword in IR that uses an asset(inventory icon) that's only in 1PP, you pick up the same kind(Sword) on from the original games files, and name it as the file resource that 1PP uses(inventory icon), in the MAIN component. And possibly make a component that replaces the old with the new graphics, while the player can also install the 1PP on top, and get them that way.

This is easier to do afterwards to an older mod, as you already know the assets you have and need to replace, copy etc. when it's intended to be the "first" mod to be installed. Or in other words, before the older mod. Much like the IR's main component.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

A few bugs found in IR4b10:

Deep Guardian's plate (PLAT13)

It has undocumented immunities against fear, panic, hold, paralysis, and charm.

Staff of command (STAF09)

The aura of command ability can sometimes provoke neutral NPCs into hostile (e.g. Adalon the silver dragon). The aura of despair ability from Doom Plate (PALT12) has similar problem, but is less likely to be seen due to its small 10' AOE.

Helm of despair (HELM02)

Well, actually not a bug, but its name, appearance and original wear (The demon knight in Underdark) suggests a "dark" ability, yet currently it grants a blessing effect... kind of strange to me.

Shield of Balduran +3 from wa2shiel.itm seems to have wrong description when i see it in "item_rev\itm".

Edit1.But when i check next backup it looks normal. Maybe BWFixpack fixes it? Well, anyway...can you check it, please.

Edited by Miksip

Shield of Balduran +3 from wa2shiel.itm seems to have wrong description when i see it in "item_rev\itm".

Edit1.But when i check next backup it looks normal. Maybe BWFixpack fixes it? Well, anyway...can you check it, please.

You do know that the backup is a back up file for the mod that is restored to the game during uninstall.. aka the backup is the file before the mod is installed.

New text has to be added at install-time. If you load files from the item_rev/itm folder, they won't have the descriptions that will be used in game.

Edit: If you want to see what an item description will be without installing the mod, you can look up the item in item_rev/components/main/items.2da and check out the value in the ID_DESC column. This is a .tra reference that points to the identified description in item_rev/languages/english/item_descriptions.tra.

e.g. wa2shiel has an ID_DESC of @2238, and looking that up in item_descriptions.tra gives the full description.

@2238 = ~Angwile the Artificer was widely known among the svirfneblin as the foremost authority on beholders. While he was often derided during his lifetime as foolhardy and reckless, his studies of captive beholders led to the creation of many artifacts that are to this day highly sought after by deep gnomes and other denizens of the Underdark.

Among Angwile's most well-known creation there's the Mirror Shield. This shield looks and works like a normal shield, but instead of a coat-of-arms, the front is mirror-reflective, and the inside is crystal clear. The wearer can cover behind the shield and look through its clear surface, while beholder's rays are deflected away, and gaze attacks are nullified as opponents see their own reflected image.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to ray and gaze attacks

Armor Class Bonus: 4

Weight: 15

Requires: 12 Strength

Not Usable By:

Bard

Druid

Mage

Thief

Monk

Kensai~

Edited by Mike1072

I'm playing BG:EE and I don't have 1PPv4 installed. What is it?

One Pixel Production mod... A graphical enhancing mod the IR used past resources from.... as does the EE versions of the games. This question is obviously Mike just asking on how he search a diagnose to the problem.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I'm playing BG:EE and I don't have 1PPv4 installed. What is it?

One Pixel Production mod... A graphical enhancing mod the IR used past resources from.... as does the EE versions of the games. This question is obviously Mike just asking on how he search a diagnose to the problem.

So? How can I fix my problem? It seems that this 1PPv4 refers to non-EE games....