Mike1072

Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta

I'm playing BG:EE and I don't have 1PPv4 installed. What is it?

One Pixel Production mod... A graphical enhancing mod the IR used past resources from.... as does the EE versions of the games. This question is obviously Mike just asking on how he search a diagnose to the problem.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I'm playing BG:EE and I don't have 1PPv4 installed. What is it?

One Pixel Production mod... A graphical enhancing mod the IR used past resources from.... as does the EE versions of the games. This question is obviously Mike just asking on how he search a diagnose to the problem.

So? How can I fix my problem? It seems that this 1PPv4 refers to non-EE games....

Mike needs time to find the exact facts and (hopefully) he'll be able to tell how to fix this.

Mike needs time to find the exact facts and (hopefully) he'll be able to tell how to fix this.

In the meantime, is it possible to fix these issues with Nearinfinity?

Your best bet would be to remove the files for the half-elf paperdolls from the override folder (CE*INV.BAM and CE*INV.PLT), which would revert them to the BGEE versions and hope that fixes them.

The animations and paperdolls for particular items (e.g. shields) can be altered by loading the .itm and changing the value at 0x22 (item animation).

Your best bet would be to remove the files for the half-elf paperdolls from the override folder (CE*INV.BAM and CE*INV.PLT), which would revert them to the BGEE versions and hope that fixes them.

The animations and paperdolls for particular items (e.g. shields) can be altered by loading the .itm and changing the value at 0x22 (item animation).

Fixed, thanks!

I don't know if this has been reported already, but Legacy of the Masters gauntlets do not in fact add +2 damage to the character using them.

Or at least, the damage bonus doesn't show up on the inventory screen.

I don't know if this has been reported already, but Legacy of the Masters gauntlets do not in fact add +2 damage to the character using them.

Or at least, the damage bonus doesn't show up on the inventory screen.

The index tells that it only works on melee weapons, so are you using ranged weapon ?

No, it's simply that the EE damage calculation display doesn't include partial bonuses like that (e.g. melee-only, or slashing-only, or whatever.)

Just a quirk of the EE engine, nothing the mod can do about it. (Unless it applied a universal +2 bonus, and then applied a -2 penalty for ranged damage... but then the display would simply be wrong when you have a ranged weapon. :shrug:

Edited by subtledoctor

To clarify, the bonus will be applied, but it won't be listed on the character sheet.

So, up to now I've found some inconsistencies/bugs:

• Some shields use the BG2 icon and the BG1 equipped appearance; Some large shields cannot be used by Barbarians and Wizard Slayers for no apparent reason; some BG1 large shields are displayed as BG2 small shields -> what a mess!
  • Everyone can use the dagger of venom; moreover, its icon is different from the vanilla one for no apparent reason.....
  • Items that grant ​resistance to a certain type of damage (Robe of Fire Resistance and the like) have no longer the "Display Portrait Icon (142)" effect -> is this intended?
Edited by Luke

Now I have the same problem with helmets -> whenever an elf/half-elf equips a helmet, this is misaligned with the body in the Inventory Screen....

To sum up:

• if I remove the files for the elf/half-elf paperdolls from the override folder (CE*INV.BAM and CE*INV.PLT), then weapons are displayed correctly but helmets are not;
  • if I don't remove those files, then helmets are displayed correctly but weapons are not.

EDIT: I found out that it is possible to fix this issue by choosing the first option and changing with NI the equipped appearance attribute of all the helmets from H0,....,H6 to J0,......,JC. So: H0 must be replaced with J0, H1 with J1 and so forth....

Edited by Luke

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.