Request: An in-game reason to go to IWD

Ser Elryk

I know this topic has long since been discussed, but I have a proposal on how to deal with IWD in EET in some ways to introduce new storylines:

1) A follow-up on when IWD & IWD2 ended since "Spoiler". This would be a great way to see on what happened to certain characters & locations.

I believe one particular location in IWD2 was completely destroyed however storywise.

2) Adventurers sponsored by the Zhents break into the Great Worm Cavern and slay Elrem the Wise, shaman leader of the Great Worm tribe of the Uthgardt.

Great Worm cavern, the traditional ancestor mound of the Great Worm tribe, was said to reside at the base of a mountain in the Spine of the World range, part of a vast underground complex. Given great reference by the tribes through the lineage of Uthgar's still living son, Elrem the Wise. Little is known of the inside of the caves but stories abound of a large altar depicting stylised represntations of a great spiralling winged snake. The adventurer Athelyare spoke tales that the caves connection with other parts of the Underdark such as lost Gauntlgrym.

This particular event happened during the same year as the Iron Crisis, it didn't particularly say what month/day it happened on. I believe this could be one reason for the Adventurers to travel to Icewind Dale and help protect Elrem (though ultimately fail in the end).

Alternatively, maybe have both the follow-up events and Elrem connected that lead into a foreshadowing of what is to come that goes into "Spoiler". What one can do is make use of the Ice Caverns in Heart of Winter, and use it's graphical assets to create a whole new area "The Great Worm Cavern" exclusively for IWD in EET.

Conclusion:

Basically Gorion's Ward and his friends will come close to figuring out that there is something else going on besides the Iron Crisis, but ends up being a dead end for now due to your failure to protect Elrem from the evil group of adventurers.

That is all I can think of to be honest.

Edited by Kaliesto