[help needed] T001500.PVRZ cannot be found - EET installation aborted

Vicq

Dear K4thos,

I need help with installing EET.

I have bought BG1EE, BG2EE and SOD (also IWD1EE) using BeamDog and I have downloaded the last versions. I have got 2.3.67.3 version of BG1EE + SOD and BG2EE now. (BG1EE and SOD is downloaded together as one 4.5 GB game called simply SOD with BeamDog).

I have tried Big World Setup for SOD (BG1EE) and BG2EE separately with many mods with no problems. So I took courage and I also tried to install EET to have all the parts of BG together in one game (and maybe also with IWD in future). Of course I made it using new, clear installations of SOD and BG2EE. BeamDog version of SOD does not need modmerge because it has been already merged with BG1EE into one game. So I did not make any changes to SOD and BG2EE except EET itself.

After about 15 minutes EET installation has aborted due to T001500.PVRZ file could not be located. I repeated the installation for many times. I also tried to add the T001500.PVRZ to T001801.PVRZ files manually into ET/temp/biff and then also ET/temp/biff/eetTU00 directories but with no effect. The installer still cannot find the mentioned file!

I think the problem is related to the Tutorial part of BG1EE (or SOD). When I start Tutorial in BG1EE, only main person and Belt are visible on black background, no room is seen. Also map is black, so the Tutorial is not playable at all. This error is the same in BG1EE and in SOD (I have bought these two games separately). I do not know whether somebody else has the same problem. The game itself (Prologue and following chapters) works OK.

If it is possible to help me I will be glad. I am looking forward to official version of EET and its implementing into BWS. I hope it will be soon.

Thank you

Vicq

SETUP-EET.zip

This part is missing in log:

[EET\temp\biff/T001500.PVRZ] created from [C:\GAMES\SOD\Data\00806/DATA/TUTORIAL.BIF]

in fact nothing has been unbiffed from TUTORIAL.BIF. I'm using releases from Beamdog store too, so it can't be related to it. Check out if TUTORIAL.BIF exists within C:\GAMES\SOD\Data\00806/DATA/ directory. If no than try redownloading whole game.

Also not sure about BWS. Last time I heard from ALIEN regarding it the support was not ready yet.

K4thos (and everybody in this topic):

Thanks, you were right. The file TUTORIAL.BIF in my DATA directory was corrupted. Why? I have used the method for enabling modes in BG:EE which extracts TUTORIAL.BIF into OVERRIDE directory but it is not needed when EET is used. Mea culpa!

So I have reinstalled the SOD game and everything looked OK. Unfortunatelly after several hours the process was aborted again due to missing string. I am very busy in work now so I have no time to repeat the process and solve the problem. Maybe it has happened because I use Czech as main language in BG1:EE and SOD. No official Czech translation for BG2:EE exists so most of Czech players use unofficial translation version 1.5 from Edvin (May 2016). May be it the problem???

My kids play SOD with some mods now (of course, smeagolheart, when I have installed EET I used only compatible modes!) and they are satisfied with it. I am afraid I will not return back to Baldurs's Gate before Christmas. Maybe it would be the official Czech translation for BG2:EE then (thanks to Edvin) and maybe also the official BWS EET??? I would be patient....

Unfortunatelly after several hours the process was aborted again due to missing string

hours? That doesn't look right. When it comes for vanilla content only the installation should take about 25-40 minutes, maybe less depending on your computer specs (since that's a time measured on my old ass laptop with slow CPU). Many NPC mods installed on top of BG:EE would extend the installation time but not to several hours (I did an installation with all BG:EE mods from compatibility list installed which makes TLK file twice as large and probably doubles the content size but the mod still installed in about an hour rather than taking forever). What's your PC specification? (CPU exact model, how much RAM, which operating system). Maybe defragmentation was running in the background? (Windows 7 and later does it silently by default from time to time)

As for the missing string please upload the SETUP-EET.DEBUG if you still have it, so we can analyse at which point it broke.

Maybe it has happened because I use Czech as main language in BG1:EE and SOD. No official Czech translation for BG2:EE exists so most of Czech players use unofficial translation version 1.5 from Edvin (May 2016). May be it the problem???

similar situation in Polish version and it installs fine. Although if the language is not supported by EET yet than BG:EE installation now takes strings from English BG:EE TLK file rather than regional one (it shouldn't cause install error though).

Send me a link to that Edvin's BG2:EE translation. If it's added properly as a new "cs_CZ" language rather than overwriting files than RC6 (not released yet) will be able to match BG:EE language based on it, even without official support for your language by EET (no one contributed Czech translation for EET yet). If it doesn't than I suggest Edvin to take a look at how we implemented unofficial Polish translation for BG2:EE (hint: you need to patch bgee.lua, and weidu.conf during installation to make the language recognizable by both game and weidu).

My kids play SOD with some mods now (of course, smeagolheart, when I have installed EET I used only compatible modes!) and they are satisfied with it. I am afraid I will not return back to Baldurs's Gate before Christmas. Maybe it would be the official Czech translation for BG2:EE then (thanks to Edvin) and maybe also the official BWS EET??? I would be patient....

yeah, I'm sure that BWS support will be ready by than :)

Archived