how to get spells to show up in CharGen?

subtledoctor

In Weidu I used ADD_SPELL to add a 2nd-level wizard spell. Installed onto BG2EE and it shows up in NI as SPWI225.SPL. It is properly appended to SPELL.IDS. Yet when I create a wizard, and get to the screen where you choose known/memorized spells, it is not available.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? How do you do this?

And as long as the spells file(spwiL##.spl) is not mentioned in the hidespell.2da file. Which the SpellRev places every non SpellRev wizard spell into there to remove the not so much liked spells if you install it after what ever adds other spells. (the "L" being the spells level)

And as long as the spells file(spwiL##.spl) is not mentioned in the hidespell.2da file. Which the SpellRev places every non SpellRev wizard spell into there to remove the not so much liked spells if you install it after what ever adds other spells.

Spell Revisions does not do that.

Then what code is this in the main .tp2 ? It's not the main component, but anyways:

/*------Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens (Chargen, Sorcerer Level-Up)------*/

BEGIN @9990
DESIGNATED 50
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (ENGINE_IS ~soa tob bgee bg2ee~) @8996 // ~This mod is designed for the Baldur's Gate II engine and will not function on other games.~
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~setup-spell_rev.tp2~ 0 @8999 // ~This component requires that the main Spell Revisions component be installed.~

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~tobex_ini/tobexcore.ini~ BEGIN
  COPY ~spell_rev/shared/hidespl_tobex.2da~ ~override/hidespl.2da~
END ELSE BEGIN
  COPY ~spell_rev/shared/hidespl_bgee.2da~ ~override/hidespl.2da~
END

Yeah, at above, I named the file wrongly by two characters... that one can easily correct by looking the relevant file in question with Near Inf... or guessing that the game can only handles 8.3 files and not 9.3's as would be my suggested file.

@Jarno that component has nothing to do with placing "every non SpellRev wizard spell into there to remove the not so much liked spells if you install it". We do not remove any mod added spell, we only use it to hide unused spells (e.g. vanilla's Dimension Door) and in almost all cases those spells are simply on a different level now (e.g. DD is a 1st lvl spell similar to 5th edition).

Archived