Jump to content

Installation woes, RC 6.3


raptor_jesus

Recommended Posts

Being told the entire installation failed because the cloakwood mines, bg1801.are, doesn't have a valid-pointing list of stuff to spawn when resting isn't cool. Not by a longshot.

 

Especially when validating the install, reapplying modmerge and running the installer again gives the same results.

 

Is there any chance of breaking the installation into smaller chunks so as to minimize the amount of wasted time from trying to determine just what exactly is the issue with particular things? As I'm typing this I realized I should hve uploaded the debug file but I already started it running again, just hoping that it was a random fluke error.

Link to post
failed because the cloakwood mines, bg1801.are, doesn't have a valid-pointing list of stuff to spawn when resting isn't cool

when reporting please use SETUP-EET_CORE.DEBUG file. Also if you install mods on BG:EE attach weidu.log from BG:EE directory.

 

Especially when validating the install

the installer just checks if SoD is installed and if mods already installed are recognised.

 

You have BG:EE and BG2:EE with latest patches (v2.3), right?

 

Is there any chance of breaking the installation into smaller chunks so as to minimize the amount of wasted time from trying to determine just what exactly is the issue with particular things?

nope, not a chance, sorry.

 

As I'm typing this I realized I should hve uploaded the debug file but I already started it running again, just hoping that it was a random fluke error.

random fluke is very unlikely. If the error showed up once than it will show up again (or at least I've never encountered situation where weidu would randomly mess up something)

Link to post

This is the second mentioned in the above post. Couldn't put them both on the same post due to size. Nor this one apparently even though it had no problem letting me appear to put it on when posting it. Will upload to an upload service. http://puu.sh/rhTwX/a375b08913.rar

 

But running the installer again wipes the .debug file back to empty so I couldn't upload the initial error I posted about.

 

Both games are fully up to date and prior to running modmerge or the setup-EET.exe validated properly. No mods are installed. It's running from a location outside the program files directory and UAC is disabled anyway.

Link to post

Thanks, I will take a look. It will take few days, though (I'm behind the schedule in my work, so no time for modding until Friday). Also please answer this question:

 

You have BG:EE and BG2:EE with latest patches (v2.3), right?
Link to post

Differing errors most certainly do occur. Can't upload both to a single post though. First is a parser error and the second is a string out of range error.

 

The second error is caused by TLK files being not merged and dialog.bak file existence (created during your first installation) prevents another merging attempt. Based on this I assume that weidu goes back to original unmerged file if there is an error during installation. If this is the case (and I don't have time to test it right now) than I will move the code that adds backup of the TLK file to the end of installation which should prevent such situations in future. Thanks for reporting it.

 

If you want to fix it yourself just delete 'lang/en_us/dialog.bak' file. But before doing it please check if the dialog.tlk file present there have the same size as dialog.bak and let us know here. If the sizes are different than delete 'dialog.tlk' and rename 'dialog.bak' to 'dialog.tlk' instead.

 

--------

 

As for the parse error not sure what's up. It may be somehow related to this problem although no idea why the error only happens to you.

 

Before starting EET installation your BG2:EE Override directory is completly empty, right? If no than maybe weidu wasn't able to properly uninstall previous installation attempt or you had some junk there before (EET requires clean BG2:EE installation). Delete any files there if present.

Link to post

The dialog.bak and dialog.tlk files are both the same filesize. Deleted dialog.bak and ran it. It went until the parser error. Going to try changing my system locale just to see if that changes anything. It shouldn't since there's support for so many languages that use special characters already, but who knows.

 

Wasn't a matter of system locale acting up with special characters or anything. It didn't work. I guess I'll wait until the next version and just go ahead for now.

Link to post

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...