Revised SCS

Demivrgvs

The "update if needed" bat file for BWS is an auto-update feature that is used to update its internal database of mod versions, download links, conflict rules, etc before it brings up the user interface and starts interacting with you.

Updating BWS has no effect on your game folders at any time.

The only truly safe way to "upgrade" a mod is to reinstall your entire game and all the mods (and usually start a new game thereafter). This is because the "uninstall" and "reinstall" features of mods' installer programs (setup-modname.exe on Windows, which is really just a renamed copy of WeiDU.exe) are not reliable. Specifically, not all of the things that happen when installing a mod can be "un-done" cleanly. If any failures occur, some files may be left in an inconsistent state (file X was reverted to its pre-modified state, file Y was not). As a result, upon completing the "re-install" your game files may be quite different from what they would be if you re-did the installation from scratch. You can *try* it ... but no promises.

Alternatively, you can manually edit your game files using a tool like Near Infinity to incorporate particular things from a new version of a mod, or an author may give you a "hotfix" that consists of some files to drop into your override folder, or a new setup-mymod-hotfix.exe that is basically a custom-made mod that tweaks the earlier mod. But there's no automated way to take mod-folder version X and mod-folder version Y and derive the changes and then apply those changes dynamically into an already-completed install.

Side Note: BWS's startup script labeled "without update" skips its auto-update, and it is recommended to use this "skip start" only if you restarted BWS in the middle of an installation. That's because during an installation, BWS is relying on its internal files to know which mods to install next, and it's possible that an auto-update might include a change in the recommended sequence. This might confuse BWS in the middle of an installation (we haven't tested it much), so it's safer to avoid any changes to BWS' internal data until the current installation is done.

BWS is using the Fixpack which, when it sees that you have also selected Spell Revisions, applies the most recent published revisions by kreso. The patches from the Fixpack also add EET compatibility which is missing from the package published by kreso on this thread, but will be included next time kreso updates the link here as I gave him the combined package.

Basically: if you use BWS, you're getting exactly the same revisions as in this thread, automatically.

The latest uploaded version is linked here - I can't edit Demi's posts.

In all honesty, I'd wait a few days. It will be worth of it, especially if you r using EE. :) I'd also tweak some of SR spells (namely, Haste, Globes, and Spell Trap) but I need Demi's confirmation on it.

Send me a PM with your plan man. I'll work on everything you need me to do. ;)

Or just tell people to use the original SCS v30 with the BiG World Fixpack. If they use the Fixpack they'll have less issues in general and we'll all be able to spend less time troubleshooting the same issues and more time developing new content.

BWS is using the Fixpack which, when it sees that you have also selected Spell Revisions, applies the most recent published revisions by kreso. The patches from the Fixpack also add EET compatibility which is missing from the package published by kreso on this thread, but will be included next time kreso updates the link here as I gave him the combined package.

Basically: if you use BWS, you're getting exactly the same revisions as in this thread, automatically.

The latest uploaded version is linked here - I can't edit Demi's posts.

I added you as a moderator to this forum so you should be able to update the original post now.

Hey kreso,

I stumbled upon the Spellhold Lich random spawn today and it had HLAs

Problem is, I have this installed:

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6021 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> Only selected spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal and Shadows of Amn get HLAs: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility

It shouldn't have HLAs I think! Here is the list in strategems > mage > hla > soa_spec.2da

UDTRAP04
SUSUNEER
SUJON
PPIRENI2
HLSHANG
HLSHADE
HLLICH
HLLAYEN
HLKANG
CELICH
LICHEL01
MAGE18Z
JARLICH
HLDEMI
HELLSLAY

Do you know what went wrong? If it helps, it was a Conjurer Lich with lots (LOTS) of Gates & Summon Fiend. It summoned 3 Pit Fiends in total, and 4 cornigon. xD

BUT, it's better than having a Lich doing nothing so I'd definitely take that before a Lich walking around doing random crap spells :p

edit: if Lich01.cre is the one that spawns, then it has HLAs while it shouldn't IMO

Edited by Daxtreme

I have no idea. :rolleyes:

Btw, how did you fare against three Pit Fiends?

three Pit Fiends, four cornugons, a Fallen Planetar, 2 greater basilisks, bunch of mordenkainen's sword and an efreet* (in addition to the Lich and 2 greater mummies). I think that's all it summoned, maybe I forgot ogres and whatnot.

didn't work so well at first, I died twice but I managed to kill the Lich with triple dispel magic and other pierce spells spam and all my summons attacked it. Then I hid behind a door and waited for the summoned crap to disappear haha, then killed the mummies. The Pit Fiends are so annoying, I had 0 buffs by the end, so I had limited time to dispel the Lich and kill it.

The disadvantage that comes with having all the NPC mages running "Chain Contingency - See Enemy" is that once you successfully dispel their things, they don't have it as a back-up when they lose their buffs/take damage :p

Also, 3 Gates means the Lich doesn't have much other level 9 spells. It won't, for example, cast Wish into double-length timestop into spam into time stop into more spam into time stop into you're dead xD

Edited by Daxtreme

I have no idea. :rolleyes:

Btw, how did you fare against three Pit Fiends?

three Pit Fiends, four cornugons, a Fallen Planetar, two greater mummies, 2 greater basilisks, bunch of mordenkainen's sword and an efreet* (in addition to the Lich). I think that's all it summoned, maybe I forgot ogres and whatnot.

didn't work so well at first, I died twice but I managed to kill the Lich with triple dispel magic and other pierce spells spam and all my summons attacked it. Then I hid behind a door and waited for the summoned crap to disappear haha,

Great. I feel as if fighting a high-level Lich (Conjurer) should look something like this. :D Note that monsters summoned via any of MS spells can be banished.

I think high-level conjurers are the hardest right now

They've got the same protections as the others except... you've also got 1-2 pit fiends, 2-3 cornugons and other stuff to worry about. They're not really good at killing you... but their hired hands are, however :D

That sounds about right for a conjurer (the part about not being good at killing you with direct magic). The other specializations need to be buffed (a direct caster should be more dangerous than a handful of summoned demons). And ... The party needs some anti-Gate abilities as an alternative to actually fighting all the summons. And ... Conjurers need an infinite supply of wish rests to counter "wait behind a door" cheese, which is tedious for the player and implies the balance is wrong.

Edited by agb1

That sounds about right for a conjurer (the part about not being good at killing you with direct magic). The other specializations need to be buffed (a direct caster should be more dangerous than a handful of summoned demons).

Either that, or Pit Fiend should be toned down I guess. Thing is, you can protect yourself vs magic attacks. Only way to protect vs demon is kill it, which isn't easy.

And ... The party needs some anti-Gate abilities as an alternative to actually fighting all the summons.

Summons, +3 weapons. Undead can work vs demons.

Conjurers need an infinite supply of wish rests to counter "wait behind a door" cheese, which is tedious for the player and implies the balance is wrong.

SCS rarely limits cheese, I won't start in any case. Fwiw, should you rest, enemy's buffs will be refreshed. Iirc, it's not possible to play "hide and seek" vs Pit Fiends, nor Liches, nor SCS mages in general (they tend to teleport to you). I'm not saying the code governing that is perfect since it has limitations, but it's decent enough.

That sounds about right for a conjurer (the part about not being good at killing you with direct magic). The other specializations need to be buffed (a direct caster should be more dangerous than a handful of summoned demons).

Either that, or Pit Fiend should be toned down I guess. Thing is, you can protect yourself vs magic attacks. Only way to protect vs demon is kill it, which isn't easy.

To be truthful, ALL the SR's summons need downgrades.

Or can you name even one that's has a good stats, as is ?