Revised SCS

Demivrgvs

Try installing nothing but Spell Revisions on your game. If you can reproduce the bug, it's SR.

If you can't, some mod is making a mess out of basilisk animation or their weapons.

You can run a change-log on basilisk creature to see what mod alters it, then use the creature stored in mod's backup. If all fails, replace the creature summoned with somthing else.

It's very hard to fix a bug that no one seems to have but you and which I cannot reproduce.

Dear Kreso, I’ve followed yours remarks about this bug and installed only Spell Revisions V4_beta14VF on a clean French BG2 GOG game, first in French and after in English, with all the components activated. And in the 2 cases MS IX cause crashes…no basilisks in view…so it’s well the last version of SR which it’s the responsible of this mess, and not the French translation. So now the ball is in the court of the Spell Revisions authors, in particular Demi; I hope a solution for this bug will be found soon. What a pity, this mod is well conceived nevertheless and the new spells are great, in particular Ice Lance and Vitriolic Sphere.

Dear Kreso, I’ve followed yours remarks about this bug and installed only Spell Revisions V4_beta14VF on a clean French BG2 GOG game, first in French and after in English, with all the components activated. And in the 2 cases MS IX cause crashes…no basilisks in view…so it’s well the last version of SR which it’s the responsible of this mess, and not the French translation. So now the ball is in the court of the Spell Revisions authors, in particular Demi; I hope a solution for this bug will be found soon. What a pity, this mod is well conceived nevertheless and the new spells are great, in particular Ice Lance and Vitriolic Sphere.

The problem is that, just like Kreso, I can't reproduce the issue and it seems you are the only player experiencing this issue thus I have very little clue of what is going on on your install. That being said, I'm probably going to remove basilisks from MSIX (I really liked them but it seems they are too problematic).

Well, despite of the remarks that Kreso and Demi had given me here, I didn’t stayed to sit idly by and I’ve redownloaded and reinstalled 2 sets of BG2 in the GOG site, one in English (2.0.0.12) and the other in French (2.1.0.17); I’ve installed after directly SRv4_beta14 in the 2 games. In the 2 cases in a ToB game my level up sorceress had crashes when MS IX is launched…So, I must consider at present it’s something in my computer which is the cause of these troubles …grrr…I must to return to SRv3.01.03 for lack of now, what a pity, these new spells are really nifty.

So will have we SRv4_beta15 very soon ? And what will be in the future the creatures summoned by MS IX ?

@Daxtreme: I see on your profile you’re Quebecker and I hope francophone, so I’ll reply you in our common language: hélas, je n’ai qu’un unique ordinateur à mon domicile…impossible de faire autrement…

@subtledoctor: well if I go back to SRv3.1.03 I think I won’t have any problems during the game, this mod functions at least correctly and being myself accustomed to use it. And my IE sessions personnaly I don’t consider the role of wizards - this time It will be in this role the good debutante Nalia…- prominent in a group of adventurers, I prefer to play warriors on the first line (fighter-cleric/Inquisitor/Tracker) as <charname>.

Can you give more info on your crash? Do you get an error message? If yes, what is it? Tried CLUAing the basilisk creature? If you have NearInfinity, you can change the summoned creature from this spell to something else and see if that works.

Dear Kreso, thank you for your help, but well I’m discouraged now and I think I’ll abandon the search of this bug hard to find, the impossibility to summon basilisks in French and in English on my computer; I keep nevertheless my 2 GoG installs just in case but I don’t count on it.

I’ve made a new ToB game - in English - and try to summon a basilisk with my sorceress with the console. Well, crash as usual and I’venot any error message; and I’venot the technical knowledge in order to use NI. So I’ll return to SRv3.1.03 and wait SRv4_beta15 when it’ll be finished. Sorry.

Here my little WeiDU log:

WeiDU.log

It’s me again…

In order to be clear in my own mind, well, I wish that some persons will give me a definitive answer about this annoying bug . So here the following installation:

- install BG2 GOG 2.0.0.12 English without any add-on; BG2 alone without add-ons

- install after Spell_Rev v4_Beta 14 with all the options

And that’s all. I’ve put here the saves with a ToB solo NPC, Maya the Sorceress. Now tell me if once for all if she succeeds to launch this damn spell - Monster Summoning IX - without crashes…Thank you for your help.

save_Maya.rar

Well I can reproduce this bug just fine. Fresh BG2 GOG install, weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 14
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 14
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 14
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 14
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 14
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #55 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 14
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 14

Created a brand new sorceress, leveled up using cluaconsole. Monster summoning IX crashes the game each and every time she tries to cast it.

It’s me again…

In order to be clear in my own mind, well, I wish that some persons will give me a definitive answer about this annoying bug

Well I can reproduce this bug just fine. Fresh BG2 GOG install, weidu log:

Created a brand new sorceress, leveled up using cluaconsole. Monster summoning IX crashes the game each and every time she tries to cast it.

I managed to replicate it on a clean BG2 install.

Fwiw; as it is - you can CLUA in the creature it will crash the game, which leads me to believe that something about the creature is bugged. What bothers me even more is why the spell works on BGT, on EEs, and fails on vanilla BG2 install.

It's script should also be rewritten (STATE_STONE_DEATH will never return true, needs to be replaced with HELD in SR).

The easiest fix is to replace the creature (which will be gamebreaking anyway) with something less...troublesome.

How, or why it happens I have no idea but I'll see what I can do.

Ah, well, ain't I stupid.

The problem is (and the answer to why this spell works on BGT, EETs and similar....I haven't tested on clean EE2 but whatever) - the animation the spell uses (BASILISK_GREATER) doesn't exist in BG2. Since I never use that install no wonder I couldn't replicate what happens.

So, either SR should ship the animation to go with the spell, or replace the damn thing with another.

What I can do on my end (as a quickfix) is make you a small mod (two days, give or take) that will replace the basilisk with my own custom replacement (a Werewolf which is a bit short on HP but has fast regeneration and is a real cutie).

Ah ! Enfin !

Now we can see at last the reasons of this annoying crash with Spell Rev when MS IX is activated. So I launch a call to help, to the modders here:

1 install BG/ToSC and BG2 SoA/ToB, "vanilla" (not EE) on your drive (GOG editions are recommanded), with their official patches if necessary (NB the patches are already installed in the GOG editions);

2 install Spell_Rev v4_beta 14 (English) in the BG2 folder, and only this mod, with all the options;

3 with tools, try to extract the file(s)animation(s) of BASILISK_GREATER in the BG folder;

4 put these files in the BG2 override folder and try to activate Monster Summoning IX in a ToB session (by creating a solo sorceress and giving more levels, see below)

5 report the attempt if it works once for all and if we see these damned basilisks;

6 put the missing file(s) for download in this thread for the community.

Thank you by advance