Revised SCS

Demivrgvs

BWS has a backup/restore feature that you can use to delete everything that wasn't there before you backed up the game folder. You would have been promoted about making a backup at the beginning of your install. You can do a restore from the screen following the folder selection screen (Continue button).

I usually reinstall the game from the original installers each time as a "clean" test case.

Edit: I am very puzzled. BWS is set up to use the following link for Spell Revisions: http://lynxlynx.info/ie/modhub.php?Gibberlings3/SpellRevisions&preonly

I just entered that URL in my browser and the package downloaded is in fact SR v4 beta 13. So ... where did 11 come from ?!

Can you confirm that you downloaded the latest BWS from https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworldsetup/get/master.zip ?

Edited by agb1

I got BWS from that link yes.

And my Spell Revisions archive is named exactly the same as that one from the link:

"Gibberlings3-SpellRevisions-v4b13-0-g4a737a9"

I had a loose, old spell_rev.exe in my BG2 folder, maybe BWS used that .exe instead of replacing it with the new one?

edit: BTW if I boot "updateifneeded" I don't need to re-download BWS right? Also, I just re-installed BG2 so there won't be loose exe files laying around :p

Edited by Daxtreme

How about Greater Werewolves for MSIX? They fit the monster theme, are stronger then Umbers and have insane regeneration as a "special treat".

Great idea!

Right, the update-if-needed will grab the latest for you. That old spell_rev.exe ... hmm.. I guess that must've been it.

I will install everything I had installed and report what happens after! It's not gonna be until later tonight or tomorrow though.

Sorry for double post but it's been 2 days and I gotta update!

So, I installed everything in the right order after a full, clean uninstall, and now everything works wonderfully well! Right versions for everything too, so it really was the old exe lying around, I think, which messed up the installation.

We had a player crash after chateau irenicus (with Skip Chateau Irenicus installed) since we play multiplayer but it only happened once so... nothing more to say here. Multiplayer + lots of mods = a few crashes will happen.

Surprisingly, multiplayer works really well right now, apart from that one crash. We played about 3 hours with main quest and side quests, no problem.

Great job agb1, kreso, demi, and other modders ;)

Can't wait to finally meet those random-spawn Liches, kreso, and see what they're capable of this time instead of doing... well, nothing much! :)

New version of SCS-SR will be uploaded when I'm done with some SR stuff. Some screenies:

- Tarnesh in action, now he summons two Slimes asap when he goes hostile:

n1_zpsa4cpg28f.jpg

Modified Basilisk behavior. Previosly, they'd "petrify" you and then hit you with gaze again and again. No more - if you get held by their gaze they'll attack in melee to chew you up.

n2_zpsrozko47y.jpg

Some additional SCS components will be skipped if IR install is present.

Additionaly, I've fully modified "NWN-style Deflection" code. One problem that arises is from install order. SR should by default be installed before SCS. Then you have aTweaks, which goes *after* SCS. So how do you catch aTweaks spells in the code?

There are two ways. One, modifying aTweaks that if this particular SR component is present it modifies it's own spells accordingly. It's not much work (Ardanis wrote the code, it's only a matter of adding the relevant spells to it) I could do it myself in 30 minutes of spell browsing through an editor to check for spells that should be blocked. However, this would need to be included in aTweaks.

Second way is to install SR component "NWN-deflection" after aTweaks. This would mean that SR install changes similar to IR - you install some stuff earlier, and one component fairly late in install.

Ideas?

I vote for making aTweaks check and skip as appropriate if your SCS/SR tweaks is detected.

Only SR's last component should be detected; maybe someone somewhere wants to play w/o SCS and with aTweaks + Revisions.

Speaking of which, aTweaks uses SSL as well, so it could be tweaked a la SR-SCS...

I was wondering why the Potion of Mirrored Eyes does not protect from the Basilisks hold and slow gaze?

​The potion has the immunity to projectile - gaze effect and the Basilisks use the effects with the gaze projectile.

Nevermind

Edited by Incantatar

BWS is using the Fixpack which, when it sees that you have also selected Spell Revisions, applies the most recent published revisions by kreso. The patches from the Fixpack also add EET compatibility which is missing from the package published by kreso on this thread, but will be included next time kreso updates the link here as I gave him the combined package.

Basically: if you use BWS, you're getting exactly the same revisions as in this thread, automatically.

BWS is using the Fixpack which, when it sees that you have also selected Spell Revisions, applies the most recent published revisions by kreso. The patches from the Fixpack also add EET compatibility which is missing from the package published by kreso on this thread, but will be included next time kreso updates the link here as I gave him the combined package.

Basically: if you use BWS, you're getting exactly the same revisions as in this thread, automatically.

The latest uploaded version is linked here - I can't edit Demi's posts.

In all honesty, I'd wait a few days. It will be worth of it, especially if you r using EE. :) I'd also tweak some of SR spells (namely, Haste, Globes, and Spell Trap) but I need Demi's confirmation on it.