Revised SCS

Demivrgvs

Imprisonment will disband them permanently, without a save or MR check.

Yeah, but that's a ninth level spell and only targets one of them... what's proposed is an 8th level spell that targets multiple outsider creatures(demons, devils, deva's), for a round if they fail a considerable (~vs -7) save they are stunned for that round. And the spell last up to ~3 rounds, so the effected creatures need to make another save(just like normal creatures do against Web -spell, not the internet, though eerhm it might not be entirely different). The catch of course being it only effects outside creatures. So Giants, Planar creatures(Fire, Water, Earth) are immune to it obviously. Just like all humans/elves/dragons etc.

Hey kreso, I tested Vithal again last night and it seems he returned back to his old self: auto-attacking with his staff.

I have the latest SCS + SR from BWS, where, for example, LICH01 is a high-level conjurer and not lvl 9 doing nothing, and Dispelling Screen works properly (blocks 1 dispel magic)

Do you know why this happened? Maybe you forgot to include his fix in the latest build? Hopefully that's the answer!

Also, the mage in spellhold, Lonk the Sane (when you go back upstairs to rally the inmates) ... he doesn't do anything at all, and he's level 18. Same problem as Vithal, he just attacks with his staff or whatever.

Looks like this is delayed? Thanks for the effort Kreso.

Yes, I've only just managed to send some SR code to Demi. Just didn't find the time to do everything I wanted to. Demi will have a new build available soon I guess. I'll finish my EE-only SR code (spells are done, I just need to go through the traps and innates), then I'm kind of done with "base" SR stuff. What's next on my to-do list is tweaking some spells not available to the player to make them more in line with SR.

Then, I'll search for any inconsistencies (there's a few of them which is pretty unavoidable with mass spell/item patching, but mostly unnoticable and won't affect gameplay in any way).

With that done, I'll finish what I plan with SCS. I have a new build on my computer; if there is interest I can upload it, but I'd wait for next SR since it will be a bit more balanced (and it will buy me time to make AI use Vitriolic Sphere and Energy Drain).

Hey kreso, I tested Vithal again last night and it seems he returned back to his old self: auto-attacking with his staff.

Also, the mage in spellhold, Lonk the Sane (when you go back upstairs to rally the inmates) ... he doesn't do anything at all, and he's level 18. Same problem as Vithal, he just attacks with his staff or whatever.

No, I haven't included Vithal's fix in SCS. Will do, same for Lonk. (I've just checked Lonk, seems fine on my install....will look into it).

A "make that summoned monster or demon my friend until they de-summon, with a periodic chance of reverting to hostile" spell would be a nice alternative counter against conjurers instead of brute-force fighting them.

A "rest in a bottle" for conjurers left alone for too long so they can refresh their summon spells and discourage the "just wait for de-spawn" tactic would be nice, but teleporting the summons to the party if there's no attackable target in range works equally well.

A "make that summoned monster or demon my friend until they de-summon, with a periodic chance of reverting to hostile" spell would be a nice alternative counter against conjurers instead of brute-force fighting them.

A "rest in a bottle" for conjurers left alone for too long so they can refresh their summon spells and discourage the "just wait for de-spawn" tactic would be nice, but teleporting the summons to the party if there's no attackable target in range works equally well.

​Fiends will teleport to the party. What I would change is make fiend summoning the same for the player and AI. I don't buy the "NPCs made contracts, blabla" explanation for the AI cheating. If the enemy fiends had the same possibility for backfiring, AI mages should only cast it when they're desperate as it should be.

I think AI mages are always desperate; who wouldn't be when a full adventuring party appears in view? I do like the idea of a chance of the summoned fiend turning on the enemy caster too, though. A nice bit of entertaining randomness there.

I think AI mages are always desperate; who wouldn't be when a full adventuring party appears in view? I do like the idea of a chance of the summoned fiend turning on the enemy caster too, though. A nice bit of entertaining randomness there.

I support this as well.