Revised SCS

Demivrgvs

Even a very powerful mage can be surprised/taken off-guard, and that's when mages are at their weakest.

I agree, but to enter Lavok's Sphere you need to initiate plane travel. I don't think this guy would be so dumb not to notice he is traveling.

I don't think Lavok should have a pet lich. A lich is generally the one in charge, unless the master is also a lich...

Perhaps AI mages need a new form of HP boost .. Something to let them survive a few more rounds. Or just give them more simulacra / clones...

I was just tossing ideas, I haven't given this much tought.

HP boost won't happen, mages are super-HP buffed already (Tolgerias has 96 HP for example). Simmys I'd prefer to remove from the game rather than be used more.

For what it's worth I think adding a component that increases the end battle of a questline is a good thing. Second you can script it so that there are differing levels of creatures spawned based on level. So for low level parties that do the Wizard stronghold first you could spawn lower rank demons. I would prefer a maralith to be honest, or perhaps a succubus consort. Something you don't see much in SoA and at a level where 1 would be a fun challenge as opposed to a speedbump.

This level/XP dependant style enemies are doable, but I'd rather avoid it. It's a *very* stupid mechanic imo. Marlith/Glabrezu sounds nice there, but Lavok is Lawful (I think?) so I'd vote for some devils instead...

Even a very powerful mage can be surprised/taken off-guard, and that's when mages are at their weakest.

I agree, but to enter Lavok's Sphere you need to initiate plane travel. I don't think this guy would be so dumb not to notice he is traveling.

I don't think Lavok should have a pet lich. A lich is generally the one in charge, unless the master is also a lich...

Perhaps AI mages need a new form of HP boost .. Something to let them survive a few more rounds. Or just give them more simulacra / clones...

I was just tossing ideas, I haven't given this much tought.

HP boost won't happen, mages are super-HP buffed already (Tolgerias has 96 HP for example). Simmys I'd prefer to remove from the game rather than be used more.

For what it's worth I think adding a component that increases the end battle of a questline is a good thing. Second you can script it so that there are differing levels of creatures spawned based on level. So for low level parties that do the Wizard stronghold first you could spawn lower rank demons. I would prefer a maralith to be honest, or perhaps a succubus consort. Something you don't see much in SoA and at a level where 1 would be a fun challenge as opposed to a speedbump.

This level/XP dependant style enemies are doable, but I'd rather avoid it. It's a *very* stupid mechanic imo. Marlith/Glabrezu sounds nice there, but Lavok is Lawful (I think?) so I'd vote for some devils instead...

Well a Cornugon for lower levels and Pit Fiend for higher. That should buy Lavok 2 rounds to get his CC in line.

Lavok is super easy to cheese if alone if you do it right (offscreen cast Incendiary Cloud, back off and wait till he is neutral). Add the devils near the entrance, because otherwise, cheesing him will be still as easy as it is right now.

Also, when you first fight him, he's possessed, so add demons/devils according to what is possessing him in that moment (I've played this today but I'm so retardedly tired I can't even remember what they were... Anyway the game probably calls them demons anyway lmfao).

Well a Cornugon for lower levels and Pit Fiend for higher. That should buy Lavok 2 rounds to get his CC in line.

Add the devils near the entrance, because otherwise, cheesing him will be still as easy as it is right now.

I'll try to do something about this tomorrow, I should have time for such things. 2 Cornugons? Note that I'll probably write this as a "standalone" mod; since this doesn't really have anything to do with SCS.

Add the devils near the entrance, because otherwise, cheesing him will be still as easy as it is right now.

I'll try to do something about this tomorrow, I should have time for such things. 2 Cornugons? Note that I'll probably write this as a "standalone" mod; since this doesn't really have anything to do with SCS.

While your at it you might want to add some orc or fighter reinforcements or perhaps a golem to Conster. Same with Vithal; I'm not sure what would be thematic.

I'd suggest making Vithal summon something (something interesting, like some Golems or some extraplanar creature that doesn't get pwn'd by Death Spell), and give two bodyguards to Conster, I'd suggest a couple of dual-wielding Orcish Barbarians (19 STR & 19 CON), and have Conster cast Haste at some point (maximum carnage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Also while we're at this, this reminds me I was putting a mod like this one a long time ago, specially to buff Tranzig, since he's one of the easiest battles in BG1 (personally I'd give him a Cleric and a Fighter with both ranged and melee weapons, although the mod adds two fighters, a thief and a cleric averaging level 7 and makes Tranzig level 12... Which is a bit hardcore considering the player is probably under level 6). Other ideas I didn't implement were: the Zombie farm (add a Necromancer/Vampire idea isn't mine, I got it from someone on the beamdog forums), the Trademeet Crypt (even with SCS it's a bad joke), the Kozah dungeon/Doomslayer (also, make it more interesting because it's sorta boring) and the Shadow Thieves contacts (I was thinking about making another contact (F/M) that Dimension Doors in).

I hope he will include some other tweaks as well; if for nothing than for SoD AI to work properly (mages use Haste to speed up entire armies, but with SR they fail with it...).
I think the only place where it really counts is at the beginning of castle assault, and only to ensure that enough allies will run through the gates before crusaders can bottleneck it.

Today I installed the SR version of SCS and for the first time I used the auto installer.

At the end of the installation I got the Smarter Mages and Smarter Priests (Option 5 for both) installed successfully but with warnings.

I quickly glanced through the .debug file looking for "WARNING" but I did not seem to find anything.

Anyone that has got the same feedback?

The same problem…again…

I’ve tried to install Spell Revisions_v4beta14 - French version - and after Stratagems_SR in the 01/12/2016 version…and the same refusal reappears again, 3 months after my first post at this subject. But what is it exactly ? I hope the G3 community will be able to help me, because I’ve awaited the possibility to play with these 2 mods very much…

Here the files:

The same problem…again…

I’ve tried to install Spell Revisions_v4beta14 - French version - and after Stratagems_SR in the 01/12/2016 version…and the same refusal reappears again, 3 months after my first post at this subject. But what is it exactly ? I hope the G3 community will be able to help me, because I’ve awaited the possibility to play with these 2 mods very much…

Here the files:

error_Stratagems_debug_VF.txt

WeiDU.log

I'd like to start a new playthrough of BGT using SRv4, IRv4, SCS-SR, BP-Ascension, and a few NPC mods. Since the modlist is small (and scs-sr isn't in Big World Setup), I figured I'd do a manual installation this time. What would be the recommended install order? Or is there a way to make SCS SR work with Big World Setup?

EDIT: At this point in the game, would you recommend doing this whole thing with BG:EE and EET instead?

Edited by spanyam

I'd like to start a new playthrough of BGT using SRv4, IRv4, SCS-SR, BP-Ascension, and a few NPC mods. Since the modlist is small (and scs-sr isn't in Big World Setup), I figured I'd do a manual installation this time. What would be the recommended install order? Or is there a way to make SCS SR work with Big World Setup?

That is odd.

Just recently I used BWS to install my favorite modes, including SCS and SR.

Something changed in the last two weeks?

That is odd.

SCS is there for sure. Just that this custom version of SCS by Kreso is not listed in BWS, and I want this one :)

That is odd.

SCS is there for sure. Just that this custom version of SCS by Kreso is not listed in BWS, and I want this one :)

It is, check here for more details.