Revised SCS

Demivrgvs

Ah ! Ça y est ! Zenblack you are my saviour !

Well we French have a proverb : Aide-toi le Ciel t’aidera/God helps those who help themselves…So I had already noticed with ShadowKeeper in my BG2 installation that the Greater Basilisks were present in BG2 but without their animations, explaining the unavoidable crashes of SRv4 when MS IXS was activated. And being not a modder myself, I didn’t know the miracle cure …So after having read this recent indication , I’ve made a quick search, downloaded Infinity Animations @ Spellhold Studios, and after a few trials and a second download of animation files, installed IA in my BG2 session; well now the famous Basilisks appears in the grove with the activation of MS IX !…See the capture below, the poor Illasera had no chance this time in this fight against Maya, ha ha ! And I’ve put here the essential file - Infinity Animations with the basilisks animations - to download for the ones who are interested. Now this bug being solved once for all, I hope that the next version of SR will permit nevertheless to keep this version of Monster Summoning IX in this present form, having personally a weakness for powerful spells like this one…

I hope that the next version of SR will permit nevertheless to keep this version of Monster Summoning IX in this present form, having personally a weakness for powerful spells like this one…

I hope you know that any Conjurer above level 17 will have these summoned the moment he appears on your map.... :rolleyes:

Hi

I'm sorry for this rather noobish question. I can't run stratagems in my gamedirectory. In the readme there's hint of a .exe, but when I unpack stratagems.rar I only get a stratagems .bat file. And that gives me the attached messages not able to run stratagems. Is it only for EE games?

post-936-0-71198900-1487589255_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Is this "Revised SCS" sux SCS, or it is cool SCS?

Imho - if somebody trying to make game like paper-pen rules, it is not a very good for a dynamical PC-video game world. Ok. I will read what a main difference, I hope this SCS have a good 'README".

This is the upgraded SCS to properly use the Spell Revs spell updates, and its made by the spell revs makers. Not the original SCS'es, as he was away for a while -v30 version.

The SCS v31 will not have some of these tweaks, while it has it's own.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

It's Kreso's set of SR-based tweaks to SCS v30. I didn't have anything to do with it.

(Normally this would irritate me a bit, as I wasn't asked - but I was pretty much uncontactable at the time, even by email, so I assume Kreso/Demi tried and failed to get in touch.)

so I assume Kreso/Demi tried and failed to get in touch.)

Yes.

Is this "Revised SCS" sux SCS, or it is cool SCS?

Imho - if somebody trying to make game like paper-pen rules, it is not a very good for a dynamical PC-video game world. Ok. I will read what a main difference, I hope this SCS have a good 'README".

I don't really understand this question. "revised SCS" is SCS pretty much as it was; I tweaked some stuff which I usually do on my home install and uploaded it. Most of the gameplay changes you'll see come from Spell Revisions v4, not "revised SCS".

Edited by kreso

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I have played BG, being a father is a full-time job .
Anyway I've updated my mods and I've decided to take Revised SCS this time but I was surprised to see that with BWF :

post-7816-0-66791600-1487928895_thumb.jpg

I thought that BWF (GitHub version of course) already included Revised SCS fixes, am I wrong? I had the same message with UB but it's ok since I have UBv26 instead of UBv26.2.
I taped Y coz I've seen a lot of fixes proposal with that mod on this topic but was it the good choice? Should I have skip that message?

Thanks for your return.

Protection from missiles doesn't protect from the duergar archers added by the SCS mod (those that replace goblins) in Jon Bon's dungeon.

Also (though this bug isn't directly SCS-related), the sword spider form (from polymorph self) is not immune to the slow effect of web.

Weidu log (installed with BWS):

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0 // 24000
~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #0 // 20161130 - Updated by agb1 (installation started 2017-02-26)
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension Core (requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 14 BWP Fix
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 14 BWP Fix
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 14 BWP Fix
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 14 BWP Fix
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 14 BWP Fix
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #55 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 14 BWP Fix
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 14 BWP Fix
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6023 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> All eligible spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal get HLAs; only selected casters in Shadows of Amn do: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6031 // Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6041 // Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6104 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6511 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6521 // Smarter genies -> Genies have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6531 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6541 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6551 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids can see through invisibility: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Give Ascension demons SCS scripts and abilities: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8043 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Maximum difficulty: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8130 // Prevent resting in the Illithid city: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // Fix Smarter Abazigal: v2.1
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fix Smarter Irenicus at the Throne: v2.1
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // Remove entourage from Ascension Fallen Solars: v2.1
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #400 // Prevent silent prebuffs: v2.1
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #300 // Add expiration notifications for buffs: v2.1

Edited by chimaera