Prof Errata

small bugs in SR v4beta13

There are some issues with petrification and slow type - spells. As it stands, no item or spell in the game will protect you from getting petrified :rolleyes: . Likewise, haste-slow countering each other somtimes fail to work for some reason. Subtledoctor helped me with some code I needed to do this flawlessly so it will be done this afternoon.

It took much more than I tought it would... :schimpf:; but it's done. I've uploaded a hotfix since having no protection against petrification is kinda gamebreaking, to say the least.

Link.

needs to be extracted to spell_rev/lib folder (overwrite the old files) and SR needs to be reinstalled for it to have effect due to mass patching of existing resources. Install SR before SCS as usual but after *all* mods that add items and similar.

I didn't have any time to work on SCS today since this felt more important to fix, I'll have none tomorrow and chances are I won't be able to do any more work 'till weekend. :( If I find the time and my internet connection allows for it I'll upload at least the version with Conjurer/Necromancer summon prebuff; since I've already have that on my drive.

On the good side, I'll make some additional SR tweaks regarding innate spells (flaming skulls explosions, various slow-sources, traps etc.) to make a more consistent experience, especially with Deflection stopping AoE spells. It will probably take a while since these need to all be manually added to the code; but whatever.

And I've also noticed I forgot to include half of the Refinements compatibility code. You do get SR spells instead of Refinements HLAs as intended, but no Deflection stops them.

Take your time man, no hurry.

I'll re-install everything once you have the full version up :)

kreso, the updated first post download link is still missing those two lines at the bottom of c2end.tpa in tactical_bg1 folder:

LAF install STR_VAR files=mulreplace.d inline=yes END
     LAF ssl_to_bcs STR_VAR script=helpmul location=~tactical_bg1/ssl~ rename_to= ~%tutu_var%helpmul~ END
     LAF extend_area_script STR_VAR area= ~%NashkelMines_MulaheysCave%~ bottom=mularea location=ssl ssl=yes END
END

And I've also noticed I forgot to include half of the Refinements compatibility code. You do get SR spells instead of Refinements HLAs as intended, but no Deflection stops them.

You just have to install SR after Refinements coz if not Refinements' HLA will overwrite SR's ones (10th lvl spells).

Same with demon, elemental/elemental prince, planetar/deva and other summoned creatures. I've seen Demi's question on compatibilty with SRv4 and aTweaks (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58522-spell-revisions-atweaks/) and I can confirm, coz I've made and still make many installations these days, Refinements and aTweaks overwrite Demi's work.

That is why I don't install anymore PnP creatures from aTweaks.

e.g Aerial Servant :

• aTweaks : fist +4 OPowerness. That explains how it helped me once to kill a lich.
  • SRv4 : fist +2. Suited

Fortunately Refinements doesn't overwrite KR's HLAs fighters.

If you tell me what needs doing, I can update the beta of Refinements v4. It uses my HLA-patching functions to add each one individually, so it's super-simple to wrap some of them inside ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~...~

You just have to install SR after Refinements coz if not Refinements' HLA will overwrite SR's ones (10th lvl spells).

This works fine as it is but Deflections will not stop per example Dragon's Breath. I wrote the code months ago but forgot to include it.

If you tell me what needs doing, I can update the beta of Refinements v4. It uses my HLA-patching functions to add each one individually, so it's super-simple to wrap some of them inside ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~...~

What needs doing is that SR spells are used instead of Refinements version and code for NWN-style deflection should include them.

BiG World Fixpack now includes latest Revised SCS but does not include yesterday's hotfix.

The BiG World Fixpack now includes Kreso's latest hotfix (posted above) for Spell Revisions v4.

Edited by agb1

BiG World Fixpack now includes latest Revised SCS but does not include yesterday's hotfix.

You mean v16.7 coz it has been uploaded the 17th of november and I don't see it on either readme and fixpack.

Edited by Valandil

Thanks a lot that's obviously better. As I was interested by testing Revised SCS I'll add it, or I'll wait for last hotfixes. Shouldn't take too long and I'm not in a hurry.

EDIT : compared to classic version, there are 2 additional bat. files (ApplyPatches and CreatePatches). Should I install them too? if yes before the BWF.bat?

Edited by Valandil

I've added the hotfixes above to the BiG World Fixpack and amended my earlier post.

You should not use the BiG World Fixpack.bat (legacy script). Use _ApplyPatches.bat instead. I'll move the old script somewhere else to reduce confusion... Edit: Decided instead to change the old script so it now redirects to the new script since there might be other old scripts that use the old batch file.

The _CreatePatches script is used to create patches, not to apply them, so you don't need to worry about it unless you want to contribute to the Fixpack.

Edited by agb1

All right, so just to be sure, all I need is to run ApplyPatches.bat and it will do the work (as Fixpack.bat does with classic version) ?

Correct. But first unpack all mods so the script can determine if it needs to apply additional patches. Example - Kreso's Revised SCS patched will be applied to the stratagems folder only if the spell_rev folder is also present.

Has anyone fixed the lvl 3 Protection from Energy spell? It's still not working correctly.
SPWI426.2DA has some missing newlines. Easy to fix and the missing energy types will appear correctly.

Edit:
Find Familiar works in BGEE, it isn't an innate ability here. Just a spell like it used to be. But it still shows the wrong strings for names.

There are many wrong strings in BGEE. They changed some things around in the tlk didn't they? Or is it just my install (ciopfs on linux)? Some examples besides F.Familiar:
- Waves of Fatigue -> Fatigued message
- Protection from Cold message

Not a small but a big bug:

-AoE protection does not work in the latest version (posted by Demi itt) for me. I tested with Minor Spell Deflection. Even the description says it does not work with AoEs.
And yes I have the component installed.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 9
~A7NOEENPCS/SETUP-A7NOEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Modify Enhanced Edition NPCs -> Disable all NPCs: v3.3
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #55 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 13
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 13
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Revised Armor -> With Movement Speed Penalties: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #2 // Allow Spellcasting in Armor -> With a Chance of Arcane Casting Failure: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #9 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor -> Stealth is Penalized by Armor: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #18 // Revised Backstabbing -> Thief-only Weapons: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Revised Critical Hit Aversion: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Remove Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Divine Spellcasters -> Clerics Only: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #15 // PnP Equipment for Druids -> Druids Only: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V4 Beta 9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V4 Beta 9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4051 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/2 the normal rate: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // NPCs go to inns: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4145 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Remove the tutorial NPCs from Candlekeep: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6042 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6102 // Potions for NPCs -> Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3220 // Sensible Entrance Points: Beta 5
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: Beta 5
Edited by Incantatar

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.