small bugs in SR v4beta13

Prof Errata

They won't protect you against your own spells. Can't be done.

Well, one could... if you would want to protect yourself from the Protection from Fire spells and everything else protective & good for the character. But that's not really the point. In the past, the protection from magic was all encompassing in BG1, and it's not that anymore in BG2 as it then included Healing spell too, and you know what the drow cleric died too often even if she was the best healer in the game.

Although, the vanilla enemy AI actually still features the marks from this. Such as the Liches won't ever cast spells that would protect them that are under the 6th level as they should be immune to all of them, even thought that's not the case. Just like the Demilich won't cast any other spells than the Imprisonment, as it has no spells that could protect it under this rule.

That explains that. Does it protect against all spell traps (e.g. Prismatic Spray)?

Another bug, perhaps from the base game. If you change your form with Polymorph Self in the same round the spell expires you can't change back from that form.

That explains that. Does it protect against all spell traps (e.g. Prismatic Spray)?

It will in the next version of SR. I've added many, many spells including traps, innates, and mod-added spells as well.

For now available version, it will protect you against some traps. It depends on what exactly trap does; some cast a fireball-like spell that won't be blocked (it will in the next version); others cast a "real" spell that will be stopped even now.

It will in the next version of SR. I've added many, many spells including traps, innates, and mod-added spells as well.

For now available version, it will protect you against some traps. It depends on what exactly trap does; some cast a fireball-like spell that won't be blocked (it will in the next version); others cast a "real" spell that will be stopped even now.

All right, thanks for the effort!

Glitterdust scroll is single target only (target and effect).

Fix: SCRLA3.ITM -> Target: Any point within range (4)

You also have to edit cast spell opcode from 146 to 148 if you're editing it for yourself. Anyway,fixed thanks pointing it out. Btw, tonight the new build should be uploaded. ;)

Glitterdust scroll is single target only (target and effect).

Fix: SCRLA3.ITM -> Target: Any point within range (4)

You also have to edit cast spell opcode from 146 to 148 if you're editing it for yourself. Anyway,fixed thanks pointing it out. Btw, tonight the new build should be uploaded. ;)

Thx for the info.

Btw the wrong string issues are BG1:EE only. I'm in SoA now and have seen none.

I've seen a bunch of complaints on the level 2 spell that gives no save AoE Blindness to everyone inside a given area on the Beamdog forums, about it being too strong.

I was thinking if it could be made less powerful (like making infravision protect against it (I mean, to make infravision useful once and for all as well), or make it last less than a turn, idk) because it's too good, and enemies with SCS don't leave the area (like they do against Cloudkill/similar stationary spells), which makes it even more powerful... Maybe just fix how it is detected by SCS and have enemies run randomly (because running away from it directly doesn't make sense, since you can't see inside it) until they walk out of it (starts 1 round after they've been into it).

I've seen a bunch of complaints on the level 2 spell that gives no save AoE Blindness to everyone inside a given area on the Beamdog forums, about it being too strong.

That spell doesn't belong to SR for sure. Can you give me a link to that forum page please?

Edit: nvm found it.

That spell doesn't belong to SR for sure. Can you give me a link to that forum page please?

Edit: nvm found it.

I thought it did lol, sorry then.

Archived