Spells names and descriptions are broken

Dakkur

First of all, thank's for this GREAT mod! I used it several years ago for just another walkthrough of Baldur's Gate 1&2 and it brings so much new feeling and experience for this game.
Some days ago I've finally decided to test BGEE and, of course, one of the most required mod which I would like to install was Spell Revisions.
Found this forum with beta v4, installed it and faced the bug which I was trying to fix during last three days but without success...
To the point - texts of spells and spells descriptions are completely broken.
For example, instead of spell name "Mage armor" and his description there are texts from, I believe, some dialogs.
Even if some spell names are OK, for example, "Shield" spell, the descriptions are always broken.

I'm using an English version of BGEE and, of course, the same language version of Spell Revisions.
Could you please describe what should I do in order to fix it? I can't imagine how to play without this mod now )
Doesn't work. Made a complete uninstall of BGEE (game directory + folder with save games) 4 times with a fresh installation of the game and Spell Revisions after and no other mods installed. Every time the same bug.

Could it be that it's a problem of Steam version? Or maybe it's somehow related to the fact that initially BGEE installed in Russian (I'm from Russia) and I'm making the language change after the game installation?

By the way, just tried to install Russian version of Spell Revisions upon just installed Russian version of BGEE (didn't make any language change) — mod is not installed due to the error. So I suppose now that it's the Russian version of BGEE somehow mess the game files and caused errors during Spell Revisions installation.

Does anyone with Russian version faced the same problem?

Could it be that it's a problem of Steam version? Or maybe it's somehow related to the fact that initially BGEE installed in Russian (I'm from Russia) and I'm making the language change after the game installation?

Probably this. Or, you bought SoD from Steam or GOG and did not apply Modmerge before installing mods.

I didn't know about modmerge so apologize for my inattention. Finally everything works!

After using modmerge for Steam version the bug completely removed.

As for the GOG version (I decided to try it also), modmerge doesn't required. I guess that's because there is no sod-dlc.zip file in the root directory.

Thank you for your help!

As for the GOG version (I decided to try it also), modmerge doesn't required. I guess that's because there is no sod-dlc.zip file in the root directory.

It's still required! GoG version puts sod-dlc.zip into main game folder.

Archived