Bug Thread

Valygar has Ranger stronghold.

Madulf isn't in the cave like he's supposed to, while Atta is, breaking the conversation involving Valygar, Madulf, and the boy.

ar1100.bcs shows:

IF
    Global("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",3)
    !Dead("uhogre01")
    !Dead("uhboy01")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride("uhboy01",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[833.1226],5))
        ActionOverride("uhogre01",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[711.1162],4))
        SetGlobal("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
END

atta.bcs shows

IF
    OR(2)
        Global("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
    !Dead("uhogre01")
    Global("MadulfLeft","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaCheck("AR1100")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[833.1226],5)
END

as well as

IF
    Global("OgronAttack","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("MadulfIsPresent","GLOBAL",1)
    AreaCheck("AR1100")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[833.1226],5)
END

Madulf.bcs shows

IF
    OR(2)
        Global("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",4)
    Global("MadulfLeft","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaCheck("AR1100")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ChangeAIScript("",CLASS)
        MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[711.1162],4)
END

and

IF
    Global("OgronAttack","GLOBAL",1)
    AreaCheck("AR1100")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("MadulfIsPresent","GLOBAL",1)
        ChangeAIScript("",CLASS)
        MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[711.1162],4)
END

Also I'm seeing this bit in ar1100.bcs:

IF
    Global("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("KishDelonSpawn","GLOBAL",3)
        CreateCreature("rogron",[1854.1387],14)
        CreateCreature("RORCA01",[1758.1453],14) // Orc Archer
        CreateCreature("RORCA01",[1822.1481],14) // Orc Archer
        CreateCreature("RORCS01",[1750.1534],14) // Orog
        CreateCreature("RORCS01",[1663.1536],14) // Orog
        CreateCreature("RORCS01",[1613.1450],14) // Orog
END

There's no such cre file as rogron.cre; in a vanilla installation it's rorcl01; not sure if this might cause (related or unrelated) problems (in fact NI gives about 10 warnings about key names and resources not being found in ar1100.bcs, including not only rogron but uhogre01 and uhboy01)

Edited by ithildurnew

Seems as if changing the bit from ar1100.bcs:

IF
    !Dead("uhogre01")
    !Dead("uhboy01")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride("uhboy01",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[833.1226],5))
        ActionOverride("uhogre01",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[711.1162],4))
END

to

IF
!Dead("uhogre01")
!Dead("uhboy01")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ActionOverride("atta",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[833.1226],5))
ActionOverride("madulf",MoveBetweenAreas("AR1106",[711.1162],4))
END

resolved this issue.

There's another line in ar1100.bcs apparently modified by NPC strongholds:

ActionOverride("RSPIRIT1",SetNumTimesTalkedTo(1))

given the above I'm concerned this line (or any others that use ActionOverride followed by the name of the cre file) might not function correctly for similar reasons; hopefully it's only when MoveBetweenAreas specifically is called for...

Edited by ithildurnew

ActionOverride searches savegame ( for creatures that have been made "global" i.e. ActionOverride("minsc", MakeGlobal()) ) and the current area for creatures with a matching Script Name / Death Variable in the .cre file (string at offet 0x280) -- the .cre filename does not matter for ActionOverride.

Strange that it worked when I was testing it (though I really need to go over the ranger stronghold pretty thoroughly one of these days). Anyway, it's good that you found a way to fix it.

Edited by Kish

I don't know what may cause conflicts in my game if the only mods I have are G3 fixes and this one. Anyway, another couple of bugs which I may live with: the game crushes when I try to open Dock District map, always, so I just don't open it =) The game crushes when I enter the first floor of De Arnise Hold with Viconia in party. Temporary dismissing her solves the problem.

Now I've got a bug that really interferes the walkthrough. In druid grove quest Heeding the Spirit of the Groove with Jaheira, the approach to boy Loren in Trademeet causes Jaheira repeatedly try to initiate dialogue with me and fail. Talking to the boy works correctly, the Chaos creature appears and I kill it. After the battle the SPirit of the Groove should appear, but nothing happens. As the druid is not me, but Jaheira - I know about the spirit only by her words, so maybe there should be another dialogue she somehow can't initiate. Could you please advice something? Maybe there is a concole code for summoning grove spirit that may help to complete the quest?

It sounds like your game code is corrupted in some way that may have been caused by installing this mod but isn't about anything this mod is designed to do, because the mod doesn't touch Viconia at the de'Arnise Keep. I would actually recommend you uninstall the entire game and reinstall it.

(Edited to add that I can, probably, place what might be causing the game to crash when you open the Docks District map: it's the bit of scripting that renames Mae'var's guild when he dies and a member of your party gets the guild, and there is no good reason for it to crash the game, nor even a bad reason that I can think of.)

Edited by Kish

Not sure if it's this mod causing it, but it seems likely. I'm going through the Bard's Stronghold owned by CHARNAME, and at the second event where Jenna and Iltheia are fighting Jenna just gives a line about how the play is going and it won't advance. If I talk to Higgins after that it goes into the post-play dialogue about keeping or selling the playhouse. Any console fixes maybe?

Hi. I have been playing BB: EE with this mod and I have had problems with some dialogues in D'Arnise Keep. These texts are shown as " Invalid: 'Number' ". I have to say that I am playing with texts in Spanish, but I'm not sure if that is the problem, since I have some mods with texts in English and that work perfectly for me.
Could be that having texts in Spanish makes the mod not work well?
Thanks.

Super bug : I have a kensai as the main character, actually the updated kensai kit from the "might and guile" mod. When I finish the de arnise keep quest with Torgal and I exit from the keep to talk with Nalia and she explains her problem I get the infamous "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" when Nalia proposes her secret alliance if I have Jaheira in the party. (using a french version so I can't give the exact text here but it's exactly when she talks about the secret alliance for the 1st time, just after asking her what she can do. Since it's ee I can change the language to english to check that if it's really a problem).

Thinking it could be a incompatibility with "might and guile" I edited my save game with eekeeper to temporary set my kit to the real kensai and I still have exactly the same problem.

If I remove Jaheira from the party, the problem is gone, but it's not a solution...

Too bad, I was happy to try this idea of a stronghold for everyone !

Tried with the v8 from the forum and the v2 from the web site : same result !

edit : for now I just uninstalled the mod to be able to pass this specific spot, I took the stronghold normally, for my main character, and then reinstalled the mod. I hope it will work better for the next ones. If you have a fix to propose later, I kept the savegame just before having this problem. (by the way the v8 from the forum writes "v1" in weidu.log, a little confusing...).

Edited by zelurker

Other problem with Minsc later : there is some kind of spirit and when I try to talk to him/her, she replies "I will talk only to the ranger", except that if Minsc tries to talk to her, she doesn't talk at all. Minsc owns the ranger fortress of course...

I guess it's the one where some dryad spirit appears to tell Minsc about men in the woods he protects, she did that the 1st time I returned to Alkathla, but then I had to reload a previous save and the next time I was in town some other event happened, and it took me long while before noticing she was actually stuck not far from Nalia's stronghold...

I guess the ranger stronghold is stuck then...

At least it works well for Aerie as the owner of the priest stronghold... at least, so far...

edit : finally it changed from stuck to looping when entering the dark elves city, Minsc is looping on the topic "Look, Boo, a pretty nymph!". Of course there is no one to see anywhere, and the dialog loops... ! It's becoming increasingly hard to fix, at this point either I find a console command to disable this part of the quest or I remove the mod entierly, loosing the quests for the npcs...

edit 2 : I fixed it on a save just before the loop starts :

click on minsc then open console, then

C:CreateCreature("RSPIRIT1")

then wait for the dialog to start and when it starts it doesn't loop anymore, the nymph gives the quest and disappears.

I hope it will do, I can't go there for now so I hope there is no timer for that !

As a side effect, the noble appeared in the middle of the underdark and the fight took place here... !

Oh well... at least there shouldn't be any timer now... !

Edited by zelurker