Bug Thread

@Cirosan updating with bug fixes would be awesome! For netiquette, you could try reaching Kish, too, they were online in the past but I guess RL is preventing the mod update.

8 hours ago, Cirosan said:

To the best of your knowledge, were these fixes ever actually implemented?

I do not know, unfortunately.

Ah, after double-checking the readme, doing my own bugfix update wouldn't be possible because of Kish's usage rules:

This mod may not be sold, published, compiled or redistributed in any form without the consent of its author. NPC Strongholds is ©2014 Kish.

Without their permission, I could not go forward.

If any admins or modding veterans would like to chime in on what the etiquette is for this kind of situation (Kish has not logged in to G3 since Nov 2019), I would appreciate it. I was able to update Turnabout in the same fashion without the permission of its creators, but they'd been gone for 14 years instead of a few months, so I want to make sure.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:45 AM, Cirosan said:

To the best of your knowledge, were these fixes ever actually implemented?

Some of these bugs (not related to editing scripts, but only those relating to the correction of .d -files) I fixed and posted here together with the Russian translation of the mod: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30906-russian-translation-for-npc-strongholds-minor-bug-fixes/

I wrote to Kish, but he has not responded since November 2019 and does not appear on the forum.

Edited by Austin

Excellent news! Kish responded to my PM and granted me permission to carry on with my bug fix update. Now, if all you folks who have encountered problems could upload save games at or around the point where they occurred, that would help greatly!

On 4/9/2020 at 4:41 AM, Austin said:

Some of these bugs (not related to editing scripts, but only those relating to the correction of .d -files) I fixed and posted here together with the Russian translation of the mod: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30906-russian-translation-for-npc-strongholds-minor-bug-fixes/

I wrote to Kish, but he has not responded since November 2019 and does not appear on the forum.

Ah, that's a big help, thanks for letting me know! I'll be sure to incorporate these.

This should fix some but not all of the ranger stronghold problems, and also incorporates fixes made by @Austin and @jastey, if anyone has the saves to test it. Remember: I need saves to fix the mod if you've got any laying around.

It's quarantine time and we're all going crazy, baby, let's vacation in the Umar Hills, maybe check out some existential horror in the forest

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/531043595252137985/698680837733875782/NPCSTR.zip

9 hours ago, Cirosan said:

This should fix some but not all of the ranger stronghold problems, and also incorporates fixes made by @Austin and @jastey, if anyone has the saves to test it. Remember: I need saves to fix the mod if you've got any laying around.

It's quarantine time and we're all going crazy, baby, let's vacation in the Umar Hills, maybe check out some existential horror in the forest

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/531043595252137985/698680837733875782/NPCSTR.zip

Thanks for the work! The only remark is that the folder with the Russian language has been saved, but the tp2-file is returned to its original version, and now there is no way to install the Russian language in it, and the command that launches the iconv-transcoder disappeared (I added it to the tp2-file earlier)

14 hours ago, Austin said:

Thanks for the work! The only remark is that the folder with the Russian language has been saved, but the tp2-file is returned to its original version, and now there is no way to install the Russian language in it, and the command that launches the iconv-transcoder disappeared (I added it to the tp2-file earlier)

Fixed in v8.1! Thanks!

8 minutes ago, zelurker said:

Did you know npc strongholds had been adopted by eet mods there

It's @Kish's mod so there is no official "adoption", just an inofficial "I snitch other people's mods and distribute inofficial versions because I give a sh*t about the modder community".

Hint: if you find a mod mirrored on a completely different site, it's probably not the original one.

9 minutes ago, zelurker said:

since they are at version 13, I guess there are quite a few fixes inside

That's what you can hope for, but it's by no means certain.

27 minutes ago, jastey said:
38 minutes ago, zelurker said:

since they are at version 13, I guess there are quite a few fixes inside

That's what you can hope for, but it's by no means certain.

It might be fixed to work better with Sandrah Saga, that's for sure.

10 minutes ago, Cahir said:

It might be fixed to work better with Sandrah Saga, that's for sure.

Fixes and compatibility changes could have been contributed to the original version. If the mod author is absent, an updated version could have been provided to G3. That's exactly what @Cirosan is doing!

Needed fixes and compatibility is *no* reason to put up a changed version somewhere else! It's just a lame excuse.

1 minute ago, jastey said:

Fixes and compatibility changes could have been contributed to the original version. If the mod author is absent, an updated version could have been provided to G3. That's exactly what @Cirosan is doing!

Needed fixes and compatibility is *no* reason to put up a changed version somewhere else! It's just a lame excuse.

I was just being sarcastic. I also feel it's lame 😀