Way Of The Fist 1.3 ~Testers Requiered~

yowave

I haven't tried this kit, so my feedback is purely based on the description:

1. I probably overlooked it, but how does this kit deal with enemies that are protected from normal weapons or that can only be hit by weapons of +X level -- requiring a different weapon type in each case? Is the idea that magical weapon immunity is countered by using a normal weapon and normal weapon immunity is countered by unarmed attacks gaining magical attack bonuses with level progression?

2. I understand the logic of magic resistance increasing and preventing the use of magic items, but as a mechanic I dislike magic resistance. It is too binary and uninteresting. Either you have enough to mostly ignore magic or you don't. Instead I would provide more ways, like the mirror clones ability, for this kit to deal with magic users without relying on magic resistance. Avoid getting hit, or stun them, or silence them, instead of being immune to their magic. Make it strategic.

3. More penalties to balance out all of the bonuses, or reduce some of the bonuses. The kit would be better than many original kits even with half the current bonuses. At least one physical or mental stat should be impaired by the singular focus on Ki, or else everyone in the world would be a monk (if they could) because it's practically a path to becoming a demigod. If you don't want to change the bonuses, you can alternatively give it a much slower level progression as a way of improving the kit's balance.

@abg1 Thanks for the feedback.

1. Fists gets enhancements every 5 levels, at level 5 fists will be +1, at level 10 +2 and so on, you can still use normal weapons.

2. I'll think about it, i can replace the magic resistance with abilities like spell turning etc... this will require balancing out the ki pool, which is a delicate thing, you don't want to give too much ki, and you don't want to give too little.

not to mention that this kit already have tons of active abilities, and i plan to give it some more like Clone Self, which will summon a simulacra. currently it's not implemented because there's a bug, if you get damaged your simulacra is destroyed, also it means i need to tweak the ki pool mechanic in such a way that the simulacra will be able to adhere to. all in all, there should have been many more active abilities, but i need to test the kit as it is and tweak it accordingly.

3. It already have a big penalty, you can't use ANY magic items (potions even healing potions, weapons, boots, etc..), so obviously you can't get many protections that normal fighter will get, even wizard slayer is better in that regard.

also, almost any kit can dual class. another penalty is, that you don't get any high level abilities, so you don't get 10 attacks per round etc...

4. it's alright if it's somewhat over powered, xian xia is all about resisting the heavens and becoming a god ;)

This kit should be first and foremost, fun to play. i made it so i can RP myself as a martial artist, like those found in xian xia, it should be somewhat overpowered but not totally over powered, think about sorcerer armed with wish and time stop, or F/M/T with time stop and back stabbing for 999 damage.

By the way, i am currently testing the progression in BG:EE, later on i'll test it in BG2:EE and then TOB.

Archived