Prompts for NPC dialogues in IWD

AWizardDidIt

I've been feeling lately like returning to some writing for the IWD in EET portion of the mod but was feeling like it'd be nice to take some prompts for what kind of interactions to write. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to take them. Stuff like having a picnic with Imoen in Kuldahar or Xan recalling memories about his cousin Erevain. Any specific event or place you go that you think any of cast would have something to talk to you about. I appreciate any ideas!

if you haven't done that, make evil characters express their inclination toward killing the paladin with a deathwish in totl

I have a few of them commenting on it. Though thinking about it now, that might be a spot for a more lengthy conversation with Dorn. I think I'll pursue that, thanks :)

If you are looking for what "has" already been done, the IWD NPCs for IWD&EE and IWD-in-BG2 has code that has dialogs that should start at points... haven't played it that much.

Initially in my writing for it, I definitely referenced the IWD npc mod quite a lot. It was a big help for me starting out before I became a bit more confident.

Interesting idea. It'd change the flow of that area considerably. Maybe some kind of dialogue challenge at least. Though I'm not sure Xzar is really the type to 'worship' anything, especially a dead god (at least in BG's timeline).

It's worth considering a specific route through that area for sure.

Interesting idea. It'd change the flow of that area considerably. Maybe some kind of dialogue challenge at least. Though I'm not sure Xzar is really the type to 'worship' anything, especially a dead god (at least in BG's timeline).

It's worth considering a specific route through that area for sure.

I have some Myrkul/Sandrah related contents for IWD-in-EET already (After all, Sandrah is a priestess of Mystra - and Midnight, who was elevated to become Mystra after the Time of Troubles - was the one who defeated Myrkul). This should not be an issue, unless you plan to change the whole outcome of this quest.

No, making large changes to quest outcomes was outside the scope of what I wanted to do. My interactions will be pretty limited to flavor. I don't want to change the base game of IWD much, just make it seem like the party members you bring into it have something to say there.

Yes, that was my understanding as well. Add things like it is done for the rest of the game and leave things thus that other mods may do the same.

I like the idea that there could be leftover beings worshipping/powered by a dead god, still operating on the old terms in these forgotten tombs, never having learned of what happened in the broader world. Might be cool to have a bit of conversation with the creature you talk to there, like

"You know, Myrkul's not even a god anymore. He was destroyed."

"I don't know what tales you are spinning, mortal, but I know I have been entrusted and empowered by Myrkul to remove you from this holy place."

I like the idea that there could be leftover beings worshipping/powered by a dead god, still operating on the old terms in these forgotten tombs, never having learned of what happened in the broader world. Might be cool to have a bit of conversation with the creature you talk to there, like

"You know, Myrkul's not even a god anymore. He was destroyed."

"I don't know what tales you are spinning, mortal, but I know I have been entrusted and empowered by Myrkul to remove you from this holy place."

In faiths and avatars it is suggested that Cyric grants spells to worshippers of the dead three, possibly in hopes that they will come to worship him in time ( though more likely to sow chaos)

Archived