Suggestions for next Tutu Tweak Pack

Salk

#Domi: Thanks for the tips. Very much appreciated. Still I think I need a partner (igi ? :) ) who is willing to work on this. I can be of help but only about testing and such because I believe a more skilled person at WeiDu would do a better job than a novice like I am. I hope I am not sounding like a spoiled person who does not want to "work".

I am just realistic enough to believe that others, at this moment, can convert egm's idea in much better results than I could do. Read: I do not understand much of what igi wrote down here... :)

#igi: Thank you very much for trying and thinking of a solution! I must confess I don't understand much of the Code itself but I have faith you can do a very good job at it! I got egm's blessing on "porting" its original idea to TuTu and I'd love to help you in any way if you were willing to bring the project forth. My email is crimes73@fastmail.fm if you wish to contact me!

#devsins: Being so ignorant about scripts, modidng and all the rest, I wonder what you meant with your words. Shouldn't the flagged containers be invisible untill detected ? If they are invisible, how can they be highlighted ?

Thank you all! :)

#devsins: Being so ignorant about scripts, modidng and all the rest, I wonder what you meant with your words. Shouldn't the flagged containers be invisible untill detected ? If they are invisible, how can they be highlighted ?
The Tab key highlights the overlay. A "container" is really nothing more than a special overlay placed on top of the appropriate graphical object (for instance, a chest, which is nothing more than a piece of the "backdrop," like the ground, rugs, etc.). The game is coded so that when you click on one of these overlays, the appropriate action is taken (for a container overlay, this means that the little inventory panel at the bottom of the screen opens up, and any appropriate trap scripts are executed). (This isn't exactly accurate, as the overlays themselves are objects, so their scripts will always be running, and they can be given actions that you'd normally only associate with a creature object.)

IIRC, the overlay will *not* highlight on mouseover, but it will still show up when you press 'Tab' (the only place Container(Dis/En)able() was ever really used in the game was the mithril container in AR1400, and I know that will highlight on Tab but can't be selected).

In general, I'm with the school that says "If you don't like it, don't use it." Assign the 'Display Info' command to something other than Tab and never touch the key again. Or something.

I would like to resurrect this thread and make an addition to the list: Charmed Dialogues.

Restoring the "charm person" dialogue choices and changing the spell "charm person" so that the charmed individual could not be controlled as the spell "(mental) dominate" would allow.

Since in BGII, they changed the engine so you could not talk to charmed characters, some sort of a workaround should be devised. I was thinking in changing the EA of the target to GOODBUTBLUE and setting a local variable to 1 during the duration of the spell. After that, all is left is to patch the dialogues of the creatures to look for a local variable instead of STATE_CHARMED. This is certainly something I miss in BGII, and would miss in Tutu.

-Galactygon

Sorry, missed this the first time around. While I fully agree this should be restored, I think that it's better suited for Tutufix and BG1NPC already makes a pretty good run at restoring this content with the PID (player-initiated dialogue) component. It's been a while, but I vaguely recall some issue with the local variable trick--AI, perhaps. At any rate, I can revisit this when I get back to Tweaks.

Archived