Are these mods currently now supported EET? (Also Reporting a Bug I found)

Kaliesto

Hi everyone, I'm kind of new here, but I usually lurked on these boards for years (but was finally pressured by BeamDog Forums to start posting here to ask & report stuff). First I want to go over the bug I encountered, and unfortunately I'm not entirely sure what Mod caused this issue, I noticed when I was looking at the EET movie selection that a couple of the LOGO movies had been corrupted with SoD Text that replaced the original text. Also I saw the Mod List on here, but it does not make it too clear what Mods actually still safe to use or not (due to the bug reports I've seen).

(Small note to the Admin - I didn't get my verification email to authorize this account yet..did something go wrong?)

Also I want to ask if any of these Mods are currently safe to use for EET as of 3/10/2017:
=====================================================================
Big Mods:

Dark Horizons (Unsure of EET-SoD Status, I almost finished it back in old BGT days)

Darkside of the Sword Coast (Unsure of EET-SoD Status, I remember I couldn't even get to the areas last time back on the old BGT)

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (What does the Interim version do? Also has anyone tested this?)

Drizzt Saga (My understanding this Mod is suffering from Area Transition issues last I've read)

As a side note I think two of these big mods interfered with eachother back in old BGT. I remember I was doing one of the major dungeons for Dark Horizons (I remember the room being dark and really round), and for some odd reason there was a character killed off-screen for no apparent reason. I don't believe it was Darkside, but Dark Horizons & Drizzt Saga, there might be a small incompatibility somewhere. I should have reported it years ago, but I didn't at the time.

======================================================================
Quest Mods:
Back to Byrnnlaw ( ????)
BG1 Mini Quests & Encounters
BG1 Unfinished Business
Dungeon Crawl ( ????)

Reunion

The Gibberling's Three Anniversary (Does not seem to be much word on this Mod)
====

(I've read that the Author of these mods all suffer from old TIS issues that cause lines through the maps, I'm not sure if it's been fixed)
Eilistraee's Song
Fading Promises
I Shall Never Forget
Innershade (Map Area Placement Issue last I've read)
Tales of the Deep Gardens
The White Queen
====
Lure of the Sirine's Call (I've read the Extended Lighthouse is broken)
The Sellswords (TIS issues I've read on BeamDog Forums)
The Stone of Askavar (I've read this Mod has recently been fixed up a lot)
Tower of Deception (TIS issues again)
Unfinished Business BG2 (I've read there is still issues with this mod??)
Mini-Mods:
Adalon's Blood ( ????)
Lucy the Wyvern
The Minotaur & Lilacor
Wheels of Prophecy (I've read this mod lost support, and suffers from a few bugs?)
NPC Related Mods:
Banter Packs
BG1 NPC Project (All Romances turned off, and also I've read it has PID issues? Is SoD affecting this too?)
IEP Extended Banters
Imoen Friendship
NPC Flirt Packs (Only Jaheira Enabled)
Sarevok Friendship
Yoshimo Friendship
Tactical Encounters:
Ascension (I turned off all "improved" bosses & creatures)
Ding0's Quest Pack
Rules & Tweaks:
Almateria's Restoration Pack (What is the status on this??)
EET Tweaks
NPC Tweak
Klatu's Tweaks & Fixes
Rogue Rebalancing (Have most issues been corrected lately???)
Tweaks Anthology (Safe to use? Pre-release, I turned off some features)
Unfinished Business BG2
Stores & Items:
Thalantyr Item Upgrade
Thrown Hammers
Character kits:
Rogue Rebalancing
Graphics, Portraits & Sounds Mod:
Baldur's Gate Classic Movies
The Picture Standard
Thrown Hammers
Worldmap

Also I almost forgot to mention, but how will EET handle both Black Pits & Black Pits II? I'm understanding is they were never implemented into the main campaign, and I imagine this is going to cause some issues concerning importing as the idea of EET is a continuous story with no breaks in it. I would guess one will have to role play (but not keep the items) OR make use of the EE-Keeper to put the items you gain from that separate campaign.

I have a few other ideas how this can be solved:

1) Have a event trigger within BP1 in a specific area only where the party is ambushed, and taken away to the Black Pits (Modders will have to make a new NPC to take the party back to main campaign). The only question is would this break the game?

2) BP2 might be a bit tricky as it starts out in some tavern, I'm thinking possibly have a NPC create a trigger conversation that teleports the party to the tavern for the cut scene.

Due to the way Black Pits Campaign handles things, I don't believe adding them to the world map would be a good idea.

Also on another note, but how does the transition to SoD happen exactly in EET? I rather not suddenly jump to that campaign after the final battle if I wanted to do Ulgoth's Beard & Durlag's Tower.

I assume you took a look at this post already

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27741&do=findComment&comment=240673?

For some mods make sure you really have the right version for EET. Either use BWS to install or if doing it manually, at least apply BWFixpack, (as described in the reference above),

Anyway, I have played through EET several times now and used as many mods each time as I found compatible at any time.

Since I also modded the game and provided a lot of feedback on bugs/issues I have found throughout, I may comment on some of them.

Big Mods:

Dark Horizons (Unsure of EET-SoD Status, I almost finished it back in old BGT days)

Fully compatible

Darkside of the Sword Coast (Unsure of EET-SoD Status, I remember I couldn't even get to the areas last time back on the old BGT)

Fully compatible

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (What does the Interim version do? Also has anyone tested this?)

Fully compatible

Note - NTotSC as well as DSotSC and TDDz make an attempt to strip these mods down to their basic contents (skipping the tweaks, rule changes, overpowered items, GUI changes or kits etc etc that were in the originals).

Drizzt Saga (My understanding this Mod is suffering from Area Transition issues last I've read)

Fully compatible

Back to Byrnnlaw ( ????) Not used yet, I have it in my current install, so it installs without issues - I have not yet reached that part of the game
BG1 Mini Quests & Encounters Fully compatible
BG1 Unfinished Business Fully compatible

Dungeon Crawl ( ????) Reunion Eilistraee's Song
Fading Promises
I Shall Never Forget
Innershade (Map Area Placement Issue last I've read)
Tales of the Deep Gardens
The White Queen

Whole group not used yet, I have them in my current install, so it installs without issues - I have not yet reached that part of the game

The Tis issue (if disturbing) can be easily fixed during the game (would be nice if authors provided it already)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Lure of the Sirine's Call (I've read the Extended Lighthouse is broken) Correct - just do not install the optional component which tries to sdd a night map to the area - it is not needed to play the mod and the rest is fine.
The Sellswords (TIS issues I've read on BeamDog Forums) Not used yet, I have it in my current install, so it installs without issues - I have not yet reached that part of the game
The Stone of Askavar (I've read this Mod has recently been fixed up a lot) Fully compatible, old BGT bugs are gone
Tower of Deception (TIS issues again) Fully compatible
Unfinished Business BG2 (I've read there is still issues with this mod??) Not sure - I have it installed but probably do not recognise what exactly belongs to that mod - at least none of the bugs I found in game could be traced to it.

Adalon's Blood ( ????) - That one is solving the skinner quest
Lucy the Wyvern Fully compatible
The Minotaur & Lilacor Fully compatible
Wheels of Prophecy (I've read this mod lost support, and suffers from a few bugs?) Fully compatible

BG1 NPC Project (All Romances turned off, and also I've read it has PID issues? Is SoD affecting this too?) Suffers from that temporary PID issue which should be solved soon, otherwise no problem with FULL install,
IEP Extended Banters
Imoen Friendship
NPC Flirt Packs (Only Jaheira Enabled)
Sarevok Friendship Fully compatible
Yoshimo Friendship

Not commented ones I have installed but never took those NPCs along until now

Ascension (I turned off all "improved" bosses & creatures) Fully compatible FULL install
Ding0's Quest Pack Not sure - I have it installed but probably do not recognise what exactly belongs to that mod - I found some components that are incompatible with other mods since they remove NPCs from the game which others try to use.

Rules & Tweaks: I did several plays through the whole game without them (to see what the new game provides by itself) and was quite happy with that. I now only use some selected ones and then I do not know which mod exactly does what, (overall the game became weaker and more uneven but I do not care to dig deeper into who and why) - Much of it is a matter of taste - so no comment

Graphics, Portraits & Sounds Mods A matter of taste - so no comment

Worldmap Fully compatible

Thanks for the quick feedback, I will try to see next time I install these mods to see if it will reproduce the Corruption Problem with the movie selection, and to make sure I provide the debug report. One of these mods must have caused something (I did use modmerge before all the mods of course, so that rules that out, and also I'm using the GOG version).

Also I will await your progress for BG2 Mods. By the sounds of things that EET-BG1 mods don't seem to be the culprit, so it must be something BG2 related or one of the script changing mods must have caused something, I did have atweaks installed the first time around, and I've read that was causing some issues.

Pretty much why I'm mostly avoiding anything to do with rule changes & tweaks except for a few beneficial components.

I had to make sure, I was not trying to be rude or anything. Also I'm not losing my mind, I simply asked. Some players have been getting some odd experiences from X mod during the time I've not played Baldur's Gate up to now, so I had to know how far things have come along since then. Especially the occasional dialog text that gets tagged into items that should not be there (which usually was a bad sign).

In another way, future players visiting this forum can look back on this topic, so they don't have to worry about anything.

Archived