Musical instruments + their BAMs.

Belanos

So I had a look at the items available for Bards in the other games, and there's a number of instruments in SoS/ToB itself that can easily be converted into a minor version, complete with artwork. For instance in SoA/ToB, the Horn of Silence can be used 3 times a day to silence mages. If you reduce that to once per day, or limited charges, you can have Raoul sell the Minor Horn of Silence. There's several Lutes and Lyres that can be so converted as well. Have a look in the Misc items, you'll find them in there.

And may I suggest the Bard's Ring: +20 Lore, +1 Intelligence, can Identify items once per day.

Incidentally it looks like if someone uses the Thieving/Casting in Heavy Armour components in Tweaks, that your descriptions get overwritten.

If you look at those instruments, though, then most of the time they do not have descriptive BAMS.

I'll see what could be going on with Tweaks... Hmm.

EDIT: It is only the description which changes. Which Tweaks explicitly states will happen if you install that component. :) We'll work on putting ones based on the originals back.

Incidentally it looks like if someone uses the Thieving/Casting in Heavy Armour components in Tweaks, that your descriptions get overwritten.

After a bit of investigation, Tweaks alters only the items using the generic unidentified descriptions, which is by design. The identified descriptions will be adjusted for the thieving tweaks, but as the new armor allows for casting w/o penalty they will not be affected or description adjusted for the arcane casting tweak.

If you look at those instruments, though, then most of the time they do not have descriptive BAMS.

No, all the ones I've added to my game have descriptive text, and there were a few more that I felt couldn't be reduced in power enough to be used in BG1. I've added four instruments to Raoul's shop, and they all have descriptive text and pencil drawings.

Archived