berelinde's Keldorn Romance

On 9/30/2019 at 10:55 AM, Arthas said:

I don't have such an option.

I just got the diary where it is said that near the docked ship of the slums there should be a warehouse, but not only I can't find it, there is no way of asking keldorn about it.

@Arthas Sorry for the late reply.

If the quest is on, during daytime and in the following areas: city gates, Docks, Slums, Bridge District, Waukeen's Promenade, Graveyard, Temple District, Government District

there should be a reply option in Keldorn's PID @33   = ~I'm ready to go to that estate you mentioned now.~

This will start the transition to the quest area.

Quest variable is "Global("B!KelQuest","GLOBAL",13)".

On 8/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, Guest EdekaReweAldiLidl said:

Something like this:

Long Death

Death is swift, and it is cold. Both can also be said of this halberd. Once, it belonged to Vakola, Keldorn's enemy, but now, it is yours.  

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Improved hasted

THAC0: +3
Damage:  1D10 +2, +2 points of cold damage
Damage type:  piercing
Weight: 12
Speed Factor: 7
Proficiency Type: Halberd
Type:  2-handed
Requires: 13 Strength

Zasheida's Talon

This scimitar is slender and dangerous, like the woman who once owned it. Besides being an exceptionally fast weapon, it makes the wielder slightly harder to hit.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Armor Class: +2

THAC0: +3
Damage:  1D8 +3
Damage type:  Slashing
Weight:  3
Proficiency Type: Scimitar
Speed Factor:  2
Type:  1-handed
Requires: 8 Strength

Descriptions will be updated in v6. Thanks!

Keldorn Romance updates to v6!

Changes:

-Anomen should not stutter after his love night (added check variables to b!anomen_romfix.baf to prevent looping of scriptblocks).
-item description now list special abilities under "equipped abilities".
-Zasheida should not be present elsewhere if already killed. (Added DestroySelf() to her script if she is dead, which is not the most elegant way of solving this but the most efficient without having to dig through the whole quest path.)

Guest grainne6
10 hours ago, jastey said:

Missed this. Keldorn's talks go as far as Global("B!KelLT","GLOBAL",68) for his advances to the PC which she can decline and end the romance. If you want to see all content, do not set Global("B!KeldornRA","GLOBAL",3) to "3" and just let the romance play out and shut it down via reply options.

Thanks for this, I did shut him down via script before the decisive love talk because I got his comment on the slayer transformation rather than Anomen's and I didn't want that but it was good to get as many talks as possible.  

@grainne6

thanks for the info, I fear that's one of the random oddities of the engine that can't really be prevented.* The dialogues in this mod are called the way they are for all NPC mods, checking whether Keldorn is around and no enemies nearby etcpp

I guess he just really worries about other people's well being a lot! ..

*without heavy scripting

Thanks for the reply. I thought that it probably couldn't be helped and really it is such a small thing that it doesn't matter. It is such a great mod that I am playing through it a second time - I meant to bring Mazzy but I couldn't bring myself to drop Keldorn!

Also thanks for all your work on this.

Edited by grainne6
typo
Guest kilver

Arthas, I think you can go there by talkig to Keldorn manually and asking him to take you to the warehouse OR by reading Zasheidas journal and in it there is an option to go there (I can't remember which one was it). And I have another problem. I finished SoA and everything went smoothly, I had all conversations and get the ring. Now I'm in ToB and I had one conversation with Keldorn, at the very beginning, he told me that we will talk later when we're alone. I tried choosing only him to my party or going away from the rest of the party but that didn't trigger anything. I have heart of Yaga-shura and Nyalee and I'll fight Yaga-shura soon. Did I do something wrong or will Keldorn speak in some specific moment?

Guest Vessen

This mod is fantastic and the writing is excellent 😍 The multiple conversations with Keldorn give real depth to his personality and background. I particularly enjoyed the humorous and playful flirting. Well done to all those involved with its development 😁

Guest CountWaltz
On 3/27/2020 at 9:40 AM, Guest kilver said:

Arthas, I think you can go there by talkig to Keldorn manually and asking him to take you to the warehouse OR by reading Zasheidas journal and in it there is an option to go there (I can't remember which one was it). And I have another problem. I finished SoA and everything went smoothly, I had all conversations and get the ring. Now I'm in ToB and I had one conversation with Keldorn, at the very beginning, he told me that we will talk later when we're alone. I tried choosing only him to my party or going away from the rest of the party but that didn't trigger anything. I have heart of Yaga-shura and Nyalee and I'll fight Yaga-shura soon. Did I do something wrong or will Keldorn speak in some specific moment?

I have the same problem. I went through all of ToB with just the one talk at the beginning and he didn't say anything else again. :( I tried triggering his love talks via console commands with  CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(50000); and even that didn't work so I assume I missed a trigger somewhere?

Guest CountWaltz

Sorry for the double post. In case anyone else has the same problem with the love talks not triggering in ToB, I went through the GitHub files and there were references to the trigger being during the first night in the Pocket Plane. So after the "talk later" dialogue happened in the Pocket Plane, I rested the first night there and the next love talk triggered. I tried during the day too and that worked as well.

Definitely one of my absolute favorite romances. Thanks for the awesome mod!!

Was this the reason the romance didn't move on for you? Because you didn't (need to) rest to trigger the crucial talk?

I fear this would be something I can't work around in the mod but people would need to know when playing the mod.