berelinde's Keldorn Romance

3 hours ago, Guest Romance carry over to TOB said:

Just started ToB and it looks everything in the Keldorn romance is gone.  LT is set 71 and RA = 1 but only conversation I have is "I feel uneasy".  I rested in various areas (inn in Saradesh and the pocket plane but nothing happens.

put in the friendzone after getting the ring.

Yes, he tried. ;) LT at 71 and RA is all correct.

After the first challenge in the Pocket Plane he will start a dialogue (~Beware of deception, my friend. Not all of Gavid's assertions were factual. You are no murderer.~).

Resting after this dialogue in the Pocket Plane will trigger the continuation of the romance.

EDIT: As already suggested, for the next version I'll take out the area check for the Pocket Plane to trigger this rest dialogue - especially after seeing that berelinde already considered other locations inside the dialogue I guess it's an oversight of sorts.

This should de-bottleneck the romance start in ToB for all who didn't know they should rest in the Pocket Plane.

Guest Vraggen
8 hours ago, jastey said:

Yes, he tried. ;) LT at 71 and RA is all correct.

After the first challenge in the Pocket Plane he will start a dialogue (~Beware of deception, my friend. Not all of Gavid's assertions were factual. You are no murderer.~).

Resting after this dialogue in the Pocket Plane will trigger the continuation of the romance.

EDIT: As already suggested, for the next version I'll take out the area check for the Pocket Plane to trigger this rest dialogue - especially after seeing that berelinde already considered other locations inside the dialogue I guess it's an oversight of sorts.

This should de-bottleneck the romance start in ToB for all who didn't know they should rest in the Pocket Plane.

Got the Gavid dialogue but then I rested in PP and nothing.  

Is there any specific variable I should be looking for?

6 hours ago, Guest Vraggen said:

Got the Gavid dialogue but then I rested in PP and nothing.  

Is there any specific variable I should be looking for?

This is the script block that should trigger the dialogue upon resting:

Spoiler

IF
    InParty(Myself)
    Global("B!KelToBLT","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("B!KR_ToBc1","GLOBAL",2)
    !Global("B!KeldornRA","GLOBAL",0)
    !Global("B!KeldornRA","GLOBAL",3)
    AreaCheck("AR4500")
    !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    CombatCounter(0)
    !See([ENEMY])
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("B!KelToBLT","GLOBAL",2)
        PlaySong(0)
        PlaySound("bkelsong")
        StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

Basically, Global("B!KR_ToBc1","GLOBAL",2) should be at "2" (which it should be after the challenge talk) and Global("B!KeldornRA","GLOBAL") should not be "0" or "3".

Guest thrask

Hi, I did a BGTEE install and found a problem, I think it's not a problem of this mod, but maybe others have the same problem.

LoveTalk B!Kellt 67 has a trigger in the keldorn.bcs script related to the chapter, unfortunately the BGTee installation changes the chapters and the conversation never starts. I'm not sure how this is handled by other mods and BGTEE, but this problem could affect a whole bunch of other mods.

Guest thrask, in general the EET has a continuous chapter system. Mods with native EET compatibility use this system which gives the right values for EET as well BGII. You are right though, in the mod files that are used in the game there is chapter check that wasn't altered accordingly (there is a file with similar name that's not used, I guess this lead to the mix up.) Thank you for reporting.

EDIT: Is fixed in v8.

Current version seems to have a bunch of backslashes hiding in the .tp2. I'm not sure if this is a problem at all, but it did sure cause installing on linux to throw a bunch of errors.

A simple search and replace keldorn_rom\ for keldorn_rom/ seems to have fixed it for me at least.

Another standing ovation for yet another fantastic mod. I guess I have a thing for paladins but Sir Ajantis and Keldorn have been the best romance mods I've played.

I remember back in the day (this would be early-mid 2000s, when I was still around in the community) this romance had been one of the most requested, and so many ideas were floating around by various people. Fast forward to now and I almost couldn't believe Keldorn romance was here in all its glory, written by berelinde no less. I've enjoyed it A LOT.

I finished BG1+BG2TOB with Sir Ajantis, rping as a sorceress in her mid forties, so there was a big age difference there, and Ajantis was just perfect.

Now I went the other way around, playing as a young ranger in her mid twenties who falls in love with a much more mature man.

From the mod description I had some pause with the "all divorced men are narcissists" line I've read somewhere, but I have to say that Keldorn is not a narcissist at all? I found the pace to be very good, he took his time to grieve, but I didn't find him selfish. Once he felt better and noticed the existance of CHARNAME he turned into a lovely, sweet and tender man.

I really like how the mod allowed for different dialogue options without having to "suck up" and always having to "answer the obvious right option" (looking at you Anomen), and the fact that Keldorn seems to consider your views no matter how antagonistic they may be to his.

Having said that, I did find a couple things I'd like to point out:

1- I had to reload and lost a few hours of gameplay when I realized that suddenly the romance had gone to Global 3. WTF! After some tests in my game to pinpoit the problem, I found that the culprit was this LT:

/* Talk 6 (at an inn) - Wild man */

In her young playful mind, CHARNAME told Keldorn to go with her to her room (or something along those lines), Keldorn declines politely and the romance goes to 3.
That's ok, but it's not clear AT ALL that the romance has ended, or that Keldorn would find this so distasteful that he'd go scorched earth to end the romance. IF the romance ended with this comment, Keldorn doesn't really make it clear, so I kept playing, oblivious to my mistake until hours later.

2- Another problem is that some of the replies to choose from can be interpreted differently. I managed to piss Keldorn off a couple of times when I replied "my lover and I...". I get it now that the mod means that CHARNAME has an active romance with another NPC and is telling Keldorn. However, I understood it as a theoretical thing. Something a lover I would have and I would do- in this case, theoretically, such lover could very well be Keldorn.
By now I was already paranoid so I was checking the GLOBAL variable of the romance after every LT so I was able to realize that I've messed up whenever I replied anything with "my lover and I".... which is a shame, because sometimes the rest of the sentence is actually what I want to reply (but that option is not available without the lover part killing the romance)

3- The epilogue... mmm... well that was the "bad" part of the mod. I guess berelinde wanted to leave a veeeeeeery open ending here, but it was just weird... I assume Keldorn is in his late 40s early 50s for sure by looking at his portrait (eg my husband is in his early 40s and he looks at least 10 years younger than Keldorn); so it wouldn't be weird for him to retire. Especially if he rather not commit the same mistakes in his second marriage... and if not retire, retire from fighting. I can imagine Keldorn being a peace-time judge? Or finding a place in Esmeltaran? Other children could also be including as an open possibility?
I know nothing about modding, so I wonder if it's possible to have different epilogues depending on CHARNAME's replies to a couple LTs?

4- The TOB part was a bit rushed and short. I would have liked a couple more LTs about their hopes for the future, but again that also goes tied to the point above of leaving a veeeeeeeery broad open ending.

And Jastey, let me tell you, this post right here of yours may be the most useful post in any forum at any time ever (haha)
https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/28659-berelindes-keldorn-romance/?do=findComment&comment=259920
Thanks for this!

Ah! Sorry for the double post, I remembered something else.

5- I was playing as a ranger and I didn't have the option to tell him that I would like to live a quiet life in Imnesvale in my little ranger cabin or something of the sort when he asked about how CHARNAME sees her future.

There were other options (I had multistronghold), like managing the troupe at the Five Flagons, but nothing for the ranger stronghold.

Guest Lerz

Hi. I'm excited to get back in for another play through and romance the pants off Keldorn!

I'm a bit stuck however on the initial quest. I've done some sleuthing, and have combed through the slums searching for the warehouse and livery I should find there - but I can't locate it for my life. Has anyone else had this issue and/or come to a solution?

Thanks!