A Couple of things about Garrick

Belanos

That would be an almost exact repetition of Coran's encounter with Brielbara though ;) My impression of Andyr's Garrick was that he would not seduce a girl in passing, especially looking at his banters with Skie and Safana ???

It needn't be like Coran-Brielbara at all. Garrick's girl wouldn't have a baby, she could be legitimately crazy and infatuated or she could be playing a badger game. She could even just be trying to make some other bf jealous and get a little carried away. And Garrick's reaction to her needn't be Coran's to Brielbara either. Coran, after all, has been there, done that already. Garrick, you might assume, hasn't and his innocence may not know at all what to make of her.

Yep. Just as a kicker though, I'd make the bf a bit of rake/ne'er-do-well who is sick of the girl and, therefore, absolutely *delighted* to see her switch her attention to Garrick. And her dad is big, short-tempered, enormously tough and extremely hypersensitive about his "baby's" honor.

About the idea of having Garrick doing performances. The first few times not much happens, but as he does more of them he begins to get noticed by people, coming up to him for autographs etc. But by the end of the game he becomes something of a superstar, with him getting all flustered over the attention but flattered at the same time.

As for the irate farmwife idea, her daughter was actually knocked up by a guy the parents don't like at all. The daughter pins it on Garrick since he was just passing through and she figured he'd never be seen again. It's just bad luck that he ends up back in the area again. The party's reputation takes a hit until Garrick can clear himself and get the truth out in the open. You could really expand on this one, the daughter actually loves the guy very much but her parents are dead set against the union. It's up to Garrick to convince them that it would be a good thing to have the two together.

Hmmm... would not the parents of the sort that are dead against daughter's chosing for themselves, would marry her off to anyone who'd take her after she was deflowered by some fly-by-night bard before the consequences show too much? So it would be weird if they did not settle for the 'other guy' (if he was ready and willing) waaay before Garrick came in. :)

Your words give way to an idea I had. Daughter and man: fall in love. Woman gets pregnant. Father outrageous, daughter and lover afraid. Daughter things of Garrick, who just happened to have passed through the village some time before, and accuses him (believing he's out and away). Father gives his wife to "first man" around: the lover and true father. This is the situation when the Party comes into the village (past). Now there are two parties working against each other: father recognises Garrick, gets outrageous again. Daughter and true father are afraid Garrick might "claim" his child, but of course can't openly tell the truth. Garrick has to explain himself to all, especially the PC. :) Situation could be solved in many different ways, one is a happy ending, with everyone loving each other. :)

I do not think though that if natter was solved hush-hush, that the father would risk bringing the scandal out into the open again. He might try to punish Garrick via spreading horrible rumors about the party and then you might try to get to the bottom of it etc, but I do not see evryone loving each-other at the end. Maybe threatening to tell the truth to everyone and make the family a laughing stock of the whole village could shut the guy up. Anyway, that brings us back to that Manor I am trying to sell to one of you for the quest. A daughter of the House would do, and there are servants quarters to investigate rumors :)

Hmmm... would not the parents of the sort that are dead against daughter's chosing for themselves, would marry her off to anyone who'd take her after she was deflowered by some fly-by-night bard before the consequences show too much? So it would be weird if they did not settle for the 'other guy' (if he was ready and willing) waaay before Garrick came in. :)

Not if the families involved were in some sort of feud. In that case anyone but the real father would be their choice. But the daughter is making things difficult for anyone else, so they're having a hard time finding someone to marry her. That could leave open a subplot, with the party being caught in the middle of these two warring families. It could be like a Romeo and Juliet thing, except that they don't off themselves in the end. Garrick comes along and saves the day.

As a person whose first mod was a remake of Romeo and Juliette, I personally abhor doing it yet again; Plus there were Aulava and Tiiro, dueling families in TRademeet... vendetta is over-rated, I think. I'd rather see somthing fresher :) But Andyr is the one who will end up writing, if anyone would, so it's up to him.

As a person whose first mod was a remake of Romeo and Juliette, I personally abhor doing it yet again; Plus there were Aulava and Tiiro, dueling families in TRademeet... vendetta is over-rated, I think. I'd rather see somthing fresher :) But Andyr is the one who will end up writing, if anyone would, so it's up to him.

OK then, maybe a Princess Bride sort of thing. The real father is off somewhere making a name for himself and intends to return for the girl. She is trying to hold to her promise to wait for him, but her parents are leaning on her to get hitched. All the while she's being a bitch to any guy the parents are bringing around to meet her, and no one wants anything to do with her.

Archived