Alternatives: Bugs? Typos? Report them here.

1 hour ago, Guest Phil said:

As requested by Aster, I decided to wipe out the vampires as well as the thieves. After paying her the 15.000 bucks, there is a cut-scene in which it is said that " Aran Lindvail kept his word" or something like that. The party is beeing transported to the docks, where a short talking-sequence between Player-Character an Aran Lindvail occurs.

That, however, is quite illogical, since I hat killed Lindvail 5 Minutes ago (as requested by Aster). How can there be a dialog with a dead guy. It seems that a script is triggered whick assumes that I sided with the shadow thieves. But I didn't.

Is this bug already known?

I was hoping a misplaced journal entry was the only hickup here (and fixed), so no. Thanks, added to the list. I'll look into this when I'll find the time.

Which version of the mod are you playing?

3 hours ago, Guest Oldbones2 said:

Maleficus says 'you have no further need for me?' furing our first conversation and leaves, instead of taking the documents.  The quest doesn't update.

Hmm, thre is an inconsistency in the checking variables whether the PC decided for someone else. What is the value of the variable "B!Alternatives","GLOBAL" at? I assume you didn't agree to work for Alan or Bodhi yet?

If it's at "5" and you are not working for any other guild yet, then as a workaround you can set Global("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",4) before talking to him and Global("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",5) back before going back to Aster - this is the best I can offer currently.

Once you agreed to pay Aster and Global("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",6) is at 6 you decided to work for her and Malficus will leave.

On 12/31/2020 at 7:21 AM, Guest Phil said:

Hi there,

I just played the mod and was pleased with an alternative option when deciding wether to side with Bohdi or the shadow thieves. However, I found a countinuity-bug.

As requested by Aster, I decided to wipe out the vampires as well as the thieves. After paying her the 15.000 bucks, there is a cut-scene in which it is said that " Aran Lindvail kept his word" or something like that. The party is beeing transported to the docks, where a short talking-sequence between Player-Character an Aran Lindvail occurs.

That, however, is quite illogical, since I hat killed Lindvail 5 Minutes ago (as requested by Aster). How can there be a dialog with a dead guy. It seems that a script is triggered whick assumes that I sided with the shadow thieves. But I didn't.

Is this bug already known?

I can't see this in the mod scripts. Did anyone else encounter this? After paying the 15,000 to Aster, there is a chapter screen and the PC's quest is to go against the Shadow Thieves.

Later, when Aster teleports the party to the ship to travel to Brynnlaw, modded scripts are used accordingly. No Aran appearance anywhere as far as I can see.

Hi! I'm having an issue with the Maleficus' second mission.

After getting the poison and entering Vulova Estate, everyone there simply disappear. If I click the butler right away it says he is busy. If I ctrl+J to teleport right next to him I can start the conversation, but soon after everyone vanishes, including the cook, and I get stuck. I can use the command to kill the Harbormaster, but that doesn't progress the mission.

According to my WeiDu, I'm running version 13.4. The game is Steam's EE on Windows.

Had to zip my log since it was too big to attach here.

Thanks!

WeiDU.rar

Sorry, no clue. Current version is v15, v13.4 is from 2018. There were several changes and fixes to the Maleficus path since then. If the issue can be reproduced with the current version I'll debug it, but I don't have time to dig through an outdated version.

Not sure if a bug or not but:

When i picked up the encrypted document box from Leyt, and solved the puzzle, I ended up with both the new unencrypted box and the old encrypted one. I can even converse with the old one and solve the puzzle again and I get another set of encrypted documents + box. It does say that I lost and Item, but it's still in my inventory.

I'm running EET on windows, BG2 is version 2.6.6.0image.png.57ca039f71e66dc450a3d7a90aab32c9.png

@jvlomax The puzzle box should have the description:

~This ornate metal box contains the documents Malficus Rodendril requested. The lock seems to be some kind of puzzle.~

After opening, the box should no longer be conversible and have the description:

~With the puzzle solved, there is no further way to interact with this item.~

I don't see anything obvious in the files. Which version of the mod are you playing? Did you use an automated installer to install EET and the mod?

EDIT: Which party member had the box on the inventory? Was it not the PC?

I have 1 box that has the correct description ("With the puzzle solved,..."), and one box with the old description ("This ornate metal.."), 2 boxes in total.

It's v15 of the mod. I used the EE mod setup tool to install all my mods.

There have been some other minor strange things in my install, so it could just be my setup. But I thought I might as well report it in case the latest BG2 2.6.6.0 update broke something with the mod.

The boxes are swapped using TakeItemReplace, but it's specified for Player1. I'm not sure what happens if the box is in someone else's inventory. I assume it was not in Player1's inventory in your case, but Jan's? That could be the reason why the old box is not removed.

2 hours ago, jvlomax said:

I used the EE mod setup tool to install all my mods.

The thing about the EE Setup Tool is that it downloads outdated or altered mod versions - whatever the maintainer of the tool saw fit. So, basically, you should keep that in mind when reporting bugs in your game. I'll still note this down though, as the Player1/not Player1 thing could actually be an issue in the real mod.