Aww, thank you for the kind words!

And you are giving a lot back to the community - and the modders - if you play the mods, report bugs, and give feedback. Every bug report is a gold nugget for us modders!

Best wishes for your quarantine and all the rest in these srange times!

Guest Calahan

Not sure if it's only me but... after I installed component "Legal Sea Charts Sources:" Calahan never apear on Ulgoth's Beard. Tried to rest/reload save/start new game - allways it look same - after we finish talk with Mendas and go out from his home there is no one.

Game: BGTrilogy

BGQE: v21

weidu log: https://easyupload.io/dq2eto

BGQE doesn't change Clahan's original appearance. If he is not in Ulgoth's Beard in your game at all, then this has a different reason.

You could check whether Global("MetMendas","GLOBAL",1) is set correctly in your game after you spoke to Mendas.

Just now, Arthas said:

Have you chosen the option "Knowledge is a worthy pursuit"? That's the only one that makes him appear.

Ninja's by @Arthas :)

This is actually good to know. I think bgqe should make him appear always. Thanks for the heads up!

I pickpocketed Sir Trun's Medium Shield +1, and later equipped it to Montaron, now the game crashes if I try to left or right click it.

I could view the description before it was equipped, and it alters AC and THAC0 correctly.

EDIT: OK, actually all shields now crash the game if I try to click them in the inventory screen! This was not previously the case, I'll do some testing and report back, may have nothing to do with BGQE.

Edited by 4udr4n
New Info
18 minutes ago, jastey said:

I wasn't even aware he has one, lol. It's just a normal Medium shield +1 though, if it crashes your game then you have some problems in your install, I'm afraid.

I was thrilled to fidn that the modder has included something stealable (and valuable!).

I found it in NI and drew the same conclusion, sorry for the false alarm.

7 minutes ago, 4udr4n said:

I was thrilled to fidn that the modder has included something stealable (and valuable!).

Yes, yes, it was all on purpose, of course! Heh. (Sir Trun is a copy of Bjornin and I have no idea why I didn't remove his items. I was pretty sure I did.)

But that's exactly the reason why I'll leave the shield in, although I moved it into his inventory for the next version (should still be stealable.)

2 minutes ago, jastey said:

But that's exactly the reason why I'll leave the shield in, although I moved it into his inventory for the next version (should still be stealable.)

IMHO, mods should include more stuff for pickpockets. Msot of the vanilla stuff is well known by now, but it could take years for a mod-added item to be found due to the lower player base. Also pickpocket in BGEE is not super helpful (hence my giving it a go).

So far with 90 in pickpocket I have 2x Gorion's Belt, a truck load of potions, that shield, couple of scrolls and all manner of gems. Haven't got to the firnedly arm yet!

Why move it to his inventory?

Because he's supposed to only have one arm, and the sword is in his other. The shield had two entries, one in the shield slot and one in te quick slot item.

And yes, before your post I didn't even think about this.

8 minutes ago, jastey said:

Because he's supposed to only have one arm, and the sword is in his other. The shield had two entries, one in the shield slot and one in te quick slot item.

Makes sense.

Please do add pickpocketable stuff (especially to non-hostile NPCs that the player might not usually kill) in future mods, the stranger the better!

Wow, Ygnatius Bombastius has good loot.