Removing actors from .are files - compatibility?

jastey

So your mod assumes the PC went to Windspear Hills without talking to Lord Jirdan, meaning Firkraag won't be in his lair? Or will the lair will be closed?

I apologize for sounding patronizing and I don't know what you already did to solve this problem with the two timers, but if it were my mod I'd try to find a solution to let the original game play out and still put my quest in. The restriction of "do not talk to Lord Jirdan (or the quest will go boom)" wouldn't satisfy me. Or do you disable Jirdan as well? But as I said, I don't know which efforts you did to design your quest. I just think it's unfortunate to restrict it so.

(And I am trying hard not to suggest you just make your quest timer longer or make the Garren's kid timer longer to solve the problem...)

I don't understand what you mean with prevent a spawning of the Paladins again - if I understood correctly, your mod disables the spawning of the paladins until after your quest is solved. My Ajantis mod expects the paladin fight as it is in the original game (to happen before entering Firkraag's lair). So, the paladin fight will happen once, but with your mod installed, will it be after the PC meets Firkraag dragon in his lair, or will the whole paladin fight - confronting Firkraag scenario just happen "later"?

In this case, the mods might be compatible after all, but I'd be unhappy to have to solve a quest first before being able to go to rescue Ajantis. :-(

EDIT: In case it is not clear: My Ajantis mod did not change the original paladin fight (only tweaked the corpses and let some other Order knights appear to take them). The rescue Ajantis quest triggers later in Firkraag's lair. Until then, the PC believes to have killed him.

I apologize for sounding patronizing and I don't know what you already did to solve this problem with the two timers, but if it were my mod I'd try to find a solution to let the original game play out and still put my quest in. The restriction of "do not talk to Lord Jirdan (or the quest will go boom)" wouldn't satisfy me. Or do you disable Jirdan as well? But as I said, I don't know which efforts you did to design your quest. I just think it's unfortunate to restrict it so.

Don't apologize. I don't want to release any incompatible mod, so as it seems to be a conflict, I will just try out to solve it.

So your mod assumes the PC went to Windspear Hills without talking to Lord Jirdan, meaning Firkraag won't be in his lair? Or will the lair will be closed?

Yes, that's the only way I found to play my quest without killing Garren's child. You don't meet the paladins, don't kill them, don't trigger Garren arrival and don't even know there is a dragon lair in the surroundings... Once Vaelasa quest is done, if you speak to Jirdan in the CC, the paladins in AR1200 are re enabled.

(And I am trying hard not to suggest you just make your quest timer longer or make the Garren's kid timer longer to solve the problem...)

That will be the emergency solution... ;)

I don't understand what you mean with prevent a spawning of the Paladins again - if I understood correctly, your mod disables the spawning of the paladins until after your quest is solved. My Ajantis mod expects the paladin fight as it is in the original game (to happen before entering Firkraag's lair). So, the paladin fight will happen once, but with your mod installed, will it be after the PC meets Firkraag dragon in his lair, or will the whole paladin fight - confronting Firkraag scenario just happen "later"?

In this case, the mods might be compatible after all, but I'd be unhappy to have to solve a quest first before being able to go to rescue Ajantis. :-(

EDIT: In case it is not clear: My Ajantis mod did not change the original paladin fight (only tweaked the corpses and let some other Order knights appear to take them). The rescue Ajantis quest triggers later in Firkraag's lair. Until then, the PC believes to have killed him.

Sorry, it was my mistake. I misunderstood what content your mod adds. I read your readme files and the lines below strengthen the idea I can solve the conflict.

With this modification Ajantis can be acquired as a member of the PC's group after the fight in the Windspear Hills (which was not changed by the mod principally). The player must then solve a quest to free Ajantis from Firkraag's ransom.

Contentwise, the mod assumes that Ajantis travelled with the PC in BG1 for some time. It was there that Ajantis gained enough honor to be knighted.

One does NOT need to start a new game to gain the quest and have Ajantis join the party. The quest to retrieve Ajantis starts in Firkraag's lair (on the stairs in front of the room where Garren's kidnapped child is kept prisoner). This happens whether or not Firkraag has been defeated.

Even so, to play the full content for the engagement path, it is recommended to start the game at least in Irenicus' Dungeon. The engagement path adds additional content of which some will only be experienced before the original game fight in the Windspear Hills.

CHARNAME is looking for Ajantis in Windspear Hills. So all I need is a variable you use in Irenicus' Dungeon (maybe from Imoen's dialog) and the name of the item you found there.

If CHARNAME didn't find this item AND Imoen didn't speak about Ajantis, I keep my coding because it means Ajantis mod is not installed. If CHARNAME found the item OR Imoen spoke about Ajantis, I let the game's events roll and just change the timer in Vaelasa dialog to allow both quests to be done without sacrificing one at the expense of the other.

No I need to code it and test it. :)

Ah, this sounds awesome! Thank you very much for making it compatible on your side.

For detecting the Ajantis mod, I am working on an update that includes a continuous version for BGT + EET (where the dialogue with Imoen in ID wouldn't trigger). For this case, the mod content will only trigger if GlobalLT("C#AjantisIsDeadBG1","GLOBAL",3)

There is no ETA for this version but maybe you want to include this variable already within your OR() check, too.

And - a unicorn in Umar Hills? OMG this sounds intriguing. I am looking foreward to seeing this!

Here are 3 trailers for the french people who helped me to test the unicorn animation. The 7z files contains avi movies (of low quality because at that time, they were my first attempts with fraps).

1. The very first unicorn cre file and its teleport ability: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b629cfkqckg3jev/GWLicorne001.7z

2. The unicorn rescue: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zt02kjb83notzhm/GWLyriel.7z

3. All the horses you can find in my mod + the unicorn (if you play an unicorn rider) + the paladin warhorse (animal companion) if you play a diamond knight: http://www.mediafire.com/file/07b9c75i63b63c0/GWEquides001.7z

All these movies have been recorded in a new map, not in Umar Hill, for testing purpose.

Archived