Fixed: Armor Bug in Tutu Tweaks 10

Belanos

It has to do with the breakable armor component. Khalid had his Splint Mail shatter and the remains were in his backpack. The armor slot appeared empty but when I tried to give him another suit I got an Item Can't Be Removed error, and I wasn't able to replace it.

It has to do with the breakable armor component. Khalid had his Splint Mail shatter and the remains were in his backpack. The armor slot appeared empty but when I tried to give him another suit I got an Item Can't Be Removed error, and I wasn't able to replace it.

I have had the same thing happen multiple times now too with versions 8 thru 10. If I save and reload the slot clears up and I can use a new armor. I also had one fight where it said my char's helm was broken, and every time my char was struck it said helm broken. However, when the fight was over and I checked the char's inventory, the helm was fine, and there were about 30 broken misc. items icons in or under my char, and the armor was trashed. Unfortunately, this happened during a random encounter, so I could not save. I was running Tutu4/7, Tweaks(duh ;) ), and BG1NPC at the time.

Guest underdog
Thanks, will investigate.

Same armor problems with IIRC Tutu tweak pack v9, unremovable armor, and broken helmet, but is the Ankheg armor supposed to break also?

So far I've lost +1 chainmail, +2 Ankheg Armor (2), and maybe a +1 shield.

Ah, I see the problem. The spell effect to break helmets is being targeted at the armor slot, resulting in any armor being destroyed if a helmet is supposed to break. The ankheg armor never had a break effect assigned; it's just that your helmet was supposed to break and it destroyed the armor instead.

Ah, I see the problem. The spell effect to break helmets is being targeted at the armor slot, resulting in any armor being destroyed if a helmet is supposed to break. The ankheg armor never had a break effect assigned; it's just that your helmet was supposed to break and it destroyed the armor instead.

Easy fix?, or have to wait for another fixpack.

ie. just a minor edit of file.

Archived