IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

I don't think you changed it, if you did ignore:

-I thought it was a mistake for Ardanis to take away the only legal mechanism for mages to safely scribe spells by changing the potions. His argument was that he always has 100% spell learning on (basically cheating). I think the original behavior should be restored.

-I also still think it's stupid to revert the EE item stacks to the smaller original game ones.

Edited by Incantatar

1. Sorry, what are we talking about? ...Wait, you probably mean one of the potions used to give an intelligence bonus to help copy spells to spellbook, right? No, I didn't change that back, and I probably wouldn't since that mechanic is, I think, largely ignored by mostly everyone not doing no-reload runs. But...the Red Potion, which sets your intelligence to 25 and your strength to 3 for 8 hours, serves much the same function, does it not? I could have a couple of Store Revisions merchants sell that.

2. I was willing to fix this, but the person who complained about it previously (was that you?) never answered my question as to what exactly the EEs set the stacks to, and if there was a difference between BG1EE and BG2EE, so it never moved forward.

1. Sorry, what are we talking about? ...Wait, you probably mean one of the potions used to give an intelligence bonus to help copy spells to spellbook, right? No, I didn't change that back, and I probably wouldn't since that mechanic is, I think, largely ignored by mostly everyone not doing no-reload runs. But...the Red Potion, which sets your intelligence to 25 and your strength to 3 for 8 hours, serves much the same function, does it not? I could have a couple of Store Revisions merchants sell that.

2. I was willing to fix this, but the person who complained about it previously (was that you?) never answered my question as to what exactly the EEs set the stacks to, and if there was a difference between BG1EE and BG2EE, so it never moved forward.

1. If that's the general feeling I can just revert them myself no problem.

2. Might have been me. The EEs have daggers/darts at 40, missiles at 80 and potions (scrolls too?) at 24 if I'm not mistaken. I can confirm this in a bit.

I change (small) stuff in IR/SR that I don't like but I think such things could be a bummer for others.

Thanks for the values, both of you. I would not set non-EE games' to be the same as EE games', as they're about just as arbitrarily set but simply doubled, it seems. But I can patch them for EE games to be that - in truth, I would recommend Anthology Tweaks' stacking subcomponents regardless of whether you're on a ToBEx or EE game. I thought about adding an optional subcomponent to do it as well, but why bother when Anthology Tweaks already offers a number of options? So I'll just set them back to their normal values for each respective game and let players decide whether they want to use Anthology Tweaks to change it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I've thought about Blackrazor before and felt it was..slightly lacking, especially given its unique black flame blade appearance, and the basic problem is that Vampiric would probably fit it best, but I really don't want to add *another* vampiric weapon to the game - there's arguably too many already, and it's a very strong property. As I recall, the weapon is actually really similar to vanilla's version of it, except the level draining effect is nerfed from 4 levels to 1 level, and the HP restoration isn't quite as insane...which makes sense, since it was outrageously strong in vanilla. I would not make it "on par with the best ToB weapons", though - it's basically a free weapon for being evil. Furthermore, it's actually a rather iconic weapon from 1st Edition, and its properties are actually pretty close to a match, except that it was supposed to be used for killing blows to devour souls to restore HP, not a random percentage of attacks. So yeah, I'm not really sure I'm that in favor of any changes. Perhaps its level drain property could be increased to 2 levels instead of 1 and its HP restoration a little better as a result...but I'm not sure.

Edited by Bartimaeus

First of all, it should be a +5 weapon.

Second; being evil is a punishment in BG games... cause you have to keep reputation at 18 or less or loose your party members, drop it to 1, and everyone goes hostile nd you loose the game. Meaning also that you can't ever buy the rich stuff. Or win. Did we say there is no benefit of being evil. Yeah, that's true. Free my %#"&/#"¤%#¤%#¤¤.

weapon from 1st Edition,

nd the games live at "5th edition" already today, and none of that matters. This is a RTS game, not a PnP.

Hmm, I like the THAC0 idea for Blackmist, actually - would be similar to Sundering, but with THAC0. Can get rid of that bad paralyzing effect that I was already regretting, too. I would most likely keep the Blackmist and Blind Fighting abilities, though.

As for Blackrazor, I think that's something that would require consensus from others for me to buff. I would definitely think +5 is stretching it, but +4 isn't unreasonable, and I wouldn't be against strenghening its level drain ability...but for now, I don't want to touch it.

Edit: Should have posted in IR Revised thread.

My character got held by SCS smarter Basilisks with the Ring of Free Action equipped and the Protection from Alterations scroll in use. At least the latter should protect from Basilisk's gaze, no?

Adding this might do it:

Protection from spell (206) 
Resource: SPWI604D.SPL
Edited by Incantatar

IR scrl15 also has same protections.

Incantatar, check yours scrl15 itm & spl in NI.

EDIT: Checked again, IR scrl15 does protect from spl604, not from spl604D, but it has immunity to petrification effect. So I think it should work, anyway, maybe...

EDIT2: I think you are right, kreso_petrification.tph code in SR adds spl604 & spl604D to basilisk weapon, so scrl15 should have protection from both.

Edited by Mad Mate