IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

@Bartimaeus,

Could you look at the http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29826&p=264831 and give feedback regarding usage of such "custom install order definition" for the two different different installation order. One when you use IRR + 1pp and one when you don't use IRR. I'm also open for discussion about adding a way for mods to include their desired install order definitions (BEFORE/AFTER). Combination of 1pp, IRR and IA seems to be perfect candidates for experimentation/proof of concept.

Edited by ALIENQuake

-Wand of MS says both 5 turns and 1 turn in its description. 1 turn is true.

-Protection from Alteration now protects from being held and turned to stone in SCS but not from being slowed. Don't know if it should.

1. Thanks.

2. That's correct, except it should also protect from slow. Will fix.

@ALIENQuake: Not sure if I really have any meaningful input. Also, what's IA?

@ALIENQuake: Not sure if I really have any meaningful input. Also, what's IA?

IA is "Infinity Animations" - a mod which you mentioned regarding install order recommendation at the first page:

... As such, if you are installing 1PP and IR together, you must install 1PP after IRR but before Infinity Animations ...

so my question for you is: are you interested to discuss a way for IRR to include some kind of install order definition metadata to make sure that those 3 mods are always installed using correct install order?

Edited by ALIENQuake

Same question as with SRR - which of your changes (if any) are in Git IR downloadable version? Some of these are great, even if I don't understand the logic behind install order (1)SR - (2)IR.

None, as Mike said. As with SRR, you're welcome to take what you please. Also, the actual big impetus for IRR was fixing the appearance of items, so almost all of my base .itms have had their appearances reverted back to vanilla, and then fixes.tpa under components\main correctly patches them back to how they should be for EE games while leaving it up for people to install 1pp on non-EE games (among other fixes). It would ideally be nice for normal IR to do the same...and then I can take this down and make it purely a private project again.

As for SR vs. IR install order, it was my understanding (though Mike has since contested it) that IR was supposed to be installed after SR, which is the basis from which I had been originally working from for many years, before I even started touching SR. So that's just from where it has evolved from. I think what I'm eventually going to do is simply have IR assume SR is always installed and switch the install order again, though, and say that anyone that doesn't have both installed is just going to have to live with the inconsistencies, :p.

V1.2.3 released:

1. Wand of Monster Summoning duration inconsistency fixed.
  2. BG:EE Marek's poison antidote should be fixed.
  3. Various forms of Haste have had their movement speed set to +4 instead of the old +6 (IR V4 Final).
  4. Free Action items no longer stop stun (IR V4 Final).
  5. Amulet of the Master Harper is now usable by Bards (IR V4 Final).
  6. Enkidu's Plate gives +1 to saving throws (IR V4 Final).
  7. Shuruppak's Plate is now splint mail (IR V4 Final - I initially resisted this one because I thought that would mean there is no Plate Mail +5, until I remembered that Red Dragonscale Plate exists...whoops).
  8. Holy Symbols get +1 Casting Speed (IR V4 Final).

Other IR V4 Final changes that were already a part of IRR before now, or responses to their inclusion (if no parentheses text, that just means it's already implemented exactly as described):

1. "gauntlets of healing - usability - all clerics and paladins"
  2. "improved cloak +2 - no longer casts mantle, gains +10% MR" (IRR note: instead becomes CoP +3)
  3. "tersyus hammer casts real Holy Smite" (IRR note: Tersyus still casts Smite Evil at 15% frequency, which is single target 5D6 magic damage against evil creatures - I do not want overlap with Hindo's Doom's Tenchu that casts a true Holy Smite, and this item would be waaay too strong if it cast a true 5D6 Holy Smite)
  4. "Crom (thrown) no longer lowers apr"
  5. "shadow armor ac 2, no phys resistance nor AC vs specific wpn types" (IRR note: I hate this change, as it essentially makes it into a permanent Ghost Armor, but if people like it, I can add it to IRR and just keep the old version for myself)
  6. "trollhide armor -10 resistance to fire and acid (I'd vote for removal, this is bad, and on old engine with SR installed it won't work as it should anyway)" (IRR note: already removed due to overlap with Pearly White Ioun Stone)
  7. "thieves hood and cloak of non detection work better - a la SR NOn detection. These are now potent items."
  8. "potn45 (free action) no longer stops stun nor HOLD2" (IRR note: was already stripped of its HOLD3 aka petrification immunity - unsure if Kreso actually meant HOLD2 immunity, which is used for other purposes)
  9. "staff of magi casts real spell trap" (IRR note: casts a 1 turn limited version of Spell Trap that avoids triggering Cowled Wizards, but it's otherwise identical to SR's)
  10. "staff of rynn casts real malison" (IRR note: casts an instant non-wizard version of the spell that avoids triggering Cowled Wizards)
  11. "oil of speed gives +4 movement, +1/2 apr for 1 turn. It now STACKS with Haste/Imp.haste, and it doesn't dispel slow if SR is installed. Ditto, Slow will not dispel it either." (IRR note: remains revertable by Slow and non-stackable with Haste for the time being - mentioned in description of item)

Finally, Incantatar reported above the Protection from Alteration does not protect from slow, but it actually does. What it doesn't do is protect from direct movement rate bonuses/penalties, which is probably what he meant. Unfortunately, that's not really fixable, because while some movement penalties might qualify for immunization via this scroll, others (such as through Ice Storm) would not. So it would have to be on a case by case basis.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I'm sorry if this question is a bit naive, but as someone just getting back into the BG world, is IRR something that's considered essential at this stage? I got my EET game set up using the EE Mod Setup tool a few days ago (when g3 was still down), and I seem to be running IRv4 b10. I've started a game and am maybe 3 hours in?

Is IRR considered essential enough now that I should nuke everything and reinstall using this?

Edited by spanyam

I mean, if you're content, then that's what matters, right? IRR currently has a large amount of advantages over current IR (namely, piles of bug fixes, description fixes, mild balance changes, graphical fixes, more items handled, etc.), so I would say so, but that's just me. I especially think it's better for the EEs because the current version of IR resets and incorrectly overwrites a bunch of the EE's graphical changes that I've painstakingly fixed...but like I said, it depends on you.

Yes...you've suggested it to me before:

1. I don't think I would change any type of missile type's base damage type wholesale unless I was doing all of them...which would essentially mean bullets and hammers would be crushing, while darts, daggers, arrows, and bolts would be piercing, and axes would be slashing. I think crushing is generally considered to be the best damage type in of itself (but has the weakest weapons to go with it), so hammers and bullets would probably benefit the most. However, this then creates the issue of anything that increases missile damage resistance being useless.

2. It's not really a suggestion suitable to IRR, but rather IR as a whole. If it were already a part of IR, I personally wouldn't like it and would restore the missile damage for myself (or provide an settings.ini switch), and would instead possibly opt for a different sort of buff (+1/2 ApR?).

On 1/1/2019 at 6:29 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Yes...you've suggested it to me before.........

Sorry, I completely forgot about that.......

Anyway, yes, you're probably right: it sounds odd to edit just bullets and leave the other missiles as they are..... But if you made a systematic change, then no ranged weapon would cause missile damage........