IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

23 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I see two different formats here. Buckler which puts both the AC and -1 missile protection bonus under "Equipped abilities:" (I've never written the "abilities" as lower-case, so we can assume this is an EE description), Buckler +1 which follows the IR format, and Buckley's Buckler which also follows the IR format.

So the one that doesn't follow the IR format is your shield...and a little part of my brain is telling me that the EEs have extra shields from when they installed 1pp that BG1 uses that the non-EE version of the game does not, so I would guess that the buckler you're looking at is one that is not affected by IR at all. If the item you're looking at's resource name is shld(number)(number)(letter).itm, that's a 1pp shield that I guess I should probably get around to handling via IR for the EEs sometime.

As far as I can tell from the beginning areas all the Small Shields and normal Bucklers follow the format:

Equipped abilities:
 - Armor Class: +2
 - No Missile/Piercing Attack Protection

Requires:
 4 Strength

Arcane Casting Time Penalty: +1
Stealth Penalty: -10%
Weight: 3

Medium and Large Shields:

Equipped abilities:
 - Armor Class Bonus: 3
THACO: -1 Penalty

Requires:
 12 Strength

Arcane Casting Time Penalty: +2
Stealth Penalty: -30%
Weight: 6

Special Bucklers like Buckler+1 or Buckley's Buckler:

Armor Class Bonus: 2
Special: No Missile/Piercing Attack Protection
Weight: 2
Requires: 4 Strength

They all are inconsistent between each other... Mostly the Special Bucklers with the rest, although maybe the "THACO" part should be " - THACO" to match the other equipped abilities formating. Just a minor issue for sure but I though I would point it out anyway. I don't think they should be added by any other mods since IR conflicts with almost any mod that tries to change shops and I have IR priority over any other component.

Edited by NdranC
14 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

@NdranC If you spawn or otherwise look (e.g. with Shadow Keeper) at a shield like shld01, what about its description? Just making sure.

Type: Shield | Name: Small Shield | Resource: SHLD01

A small shield is usually round and is carried on the forearm, gripped with the shield hand. Its light weight as compared to a medium shield permits the user to carry other items in that hand, although he cannot wield or carry another weapon.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class Bonus: 1
Arcane Casting Time Penalty: +1
Stealth Penalty: -10%
Weight: 6

I don't know if this matters but I noticed there are Buckers called SHLD08 and SHLD08A.

SHLD08

A buckler, also known as a target shield, is a small shield of wood or metal that fastens to the forearm. Because of its size it is light and can be worn with very little restriction to movement.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class Bonus: 1
Special: No Missile Weapon Protection
Weight: 4

SHLD08A

A buckler, also known as a target shield, is a small round shield of wood or metal that fastens to the forearm. Because of its size, it is light and can be worn with very little restriction to movement.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
– Armor Class: +1
– No protection against missile and piercing attacks

Requires:
 4 Strength

Weight: 2

Edited by NdranC

@NdranC Earlier, you said the unenchanted shields from "the beginning areas" had the BG:EE-type descriptions, but you just listed SHLD01 and SHLD08, and they have the IR-type descriptions. From what item did you pull your previous unenchanted buckler description from in the image you sent me before that had the BG:EE-type description? I just installed BG1:EE to see what, e.g., the Candlekeep inn stocks, but they're all the base items with the IR-type descriptions. Where was your shield from?

1 hour ago, Kangkunis said:

Still using 1.2.4

It seems that the cloak of natures vengeance does not work, no lightning damage.

I am in the middle of a play through could you tell me how to fix this using NI and how to fix saving grace +3

THanks

Saving's Grace's "cast spell on condition" is spell set to the wrong condition. I'm only passingly familiar with Near Infinity (I've always much preferred DLTCEP for reducing the amount of clicks it takes to get to stuff) and I feel as though it would be annoyingly difficult to walk you through all the different windows that Near Infinity creates when you try to edit something like this (especially given I don't know your level of expertise with NI as well), so I'd prefer you just give me a copy of your shld27.itm so I can do it myself.

Cloak of Nature's Wrath was bugged because its percentile was set on its equipping ability rather than its spell-firing bit, so 25% of the time you equip it, it works every time, while 75% of the time you equip it, it doesn't work at all. Stick these two files from this .zip in your override directory, and give me your clck25.itm in addition to your shld27.itm from your override (or if you've biffed your game, from Near Infinity) so I can repair them. Sorry for the trouble!

Edited by Bartimaeus
30 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Saving's Grace's "cast spell on condition" is spell set to the wrong condition. I'm only passingly familiar with Near Infinity (I've always much preferred DLTCEP for reducing the amount of clicks it takes to get to stuff) and I feel as though it would be annoyingly difficult to walk you through all the different windows that Near Infinity creates when you try to edit something like this (especially given I don't know your level of expertise with NI as well), so I'd prefer you just give me a copy of your shld27.itm so I can do it myself.

Cloak of Nature's Wrath was bugged because its percentile was set on its equipping ability rather than its spell-firing bit, so 25% of the time you equip it, it works every time, while 75% of the time you equip it, it doesn't work at all. Stick these two files from this .zip in your override directory, and give me your clck25.itm in addition to your shld27.itm from your override (or if you've biffed your game, from Near Infinity) so I can repair them. Sorry for the trouble!

Here are the two files, TIA.

CLCK25.ITM

shld27.itm

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@NdranC Earlier, you said the unenchanted shields from "the beginning areas" had the BG:EE-type descriptions, but you just listed SHLD01 and SHLD08, and they have the IR-type descriptions. From what item did you pull your previous unenchanted buckler description from in the image you sent me before that had the BG:EE-type description? I just installed BG1:EE to see what, e.g., the Candlekeep inn stocks, but they're all the base items with the IR-type descriptions. Where was your shield from?

Ok, so I'm assuming the IR type descriptions are the ones were it lists

Requires:
 4 Strength

It seems like all the non-enchanted Bucklers have a different type of description. Yesterday I noticed with EE Keeper (Shadow Keeper) that those bucklers have an "A" at the end of their name. So in my example you can see SHLD08 is the non-enchanted buckler that I imagine should be showing up but SHLD08A is the actual one at the stores with a different description. You can find 3 bucklers in canddle keep for example and they all have a different type of description compared to other shields. I wonder if another mod is messing with them. Now that I think about it I do have a component from Anthology Tweaks that allows mages to use Bucklers and thiefs to use small shields.

Ok so it seems that all shields of any type have a "normal" version and one that ends with "A" like for example "SHLD08" and "SHLD08A". The problem seems to be that the in game stores sometimes use shields that end with "A" and sometimes uses the non-"A" version. This is always consistent and not random because it has always been like this since I started using IR so maybe it's another mod that's messing with it.

Buckler4.png

Yeah, I mentioned on the previous page: "If the item you're looking at's resource name is shld(number)(number)(letter).itm, that's a 1pp shield that I guess I should probably get around to handling via IR for the EEs sometime." However, it's a mystery to me as to how these shields are appearing to begin with, since I installed BG1:EE and the Candlekeep inn did not stock them. It's possible that since my copy of BG1:EE is a bit old, that it's been since changed, or that another mod you're using has added them to the store, etc.

45 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, I mentioned on the previous page: "If the item you're looking at's resource name is shld(number)(number)(letter).itm, that's a 1pp shield that I guess I should probably get around to handling via IR for the EEs sometime." However, it's a mystery to me as to how these shields are appearing to begin with, since I installed BG1:EE and the Candlekeep inn did not stock them. It's possible that since my copy of BG1:EE is a bit old, that it's been since changed, or that another mod you're using has added them to the store, etc.

I just launched my version of BGEE unmodded and all the shields including the 3 bucklers at the canddle keep inn have this description:Buckler5.thumb.png.8e608e5c66407e0e1ec0c6f615792dc9.png

So it seems that yes, its using the "A" version one for all the shields. I guess IR changes most of the shields except the bucklers from 1pp? Regardless, it's just a minor cosmetic issue, I just though I should point it out.

@NdranC Sorry to keep pestering you about this, but I'm trying to troubleshoot to figure out exactly what happened. I installed the latest version of BG1:EE. This is the bottom of the item list for the Candlekeep Inn in an umodded version of BG1:EE 2.5:

2019-04-08_07-01-32.png

As you can see, there are no 1pp variants listed (no letters at the end), so all of these items should have their descriptions rewritten by IR to the same consistent format (as they're all standard BG1/BG2 non-EE items). But earlier, you said that after installing IRR, that was not the case - the enchanted shields did, but the unenchanted ones at e.g. the Candlekeep Inn did not (specifically, you showed me an image of exactly that while in-game here. As far as I can see, the additional 1pp variants never actually appear in an unmodded BG1:EE game - they're unused. Also, the image that I just linked to you that you created actually shows a BG1-style shield, which I did not realize until just now that IRR does not even have, since BG1:EE's shield graphics are different from BG2:EE's. See here after installing IRR on an otherwise unmodded BG1:EE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2c5an7fhcdqopls/2019-04-08_07-20-31.mp4 (On a side-note, I would actually like to give greater control over this for people that prefer the BG1-style shields, but I'll have to look into how possible that actually is given that BG2 has a bit more shields that would then have to be BG1-ized - alternatively, unique shields could remain BG2-style, while unenchanted and simple +1/+2/+3 shields could be BG1-ized, I guess.)

I think you've since reinstalled your game, but what I would like to have figured out was how did your bucklers turn back to the BG1-style version of themselves after installing IRR, and how did the descriptions for just the unenchanted shields get reverted back to the normal EE descriptions? Might not be possible to answer now without a weidu.log and some changelog-ed items, though.

[The Vampire's Revenge +3, SW1H19.itm]

I suggest replacing that -1 HP every 2 rounds (SW1H19.eff) with something else (1 magic damage every 2 rounds?) It seems that when the wielder reaches 0 hit points, he/she is not killed (the character portrait greys out, the Inventory Screen is no longer accessible but you can continue moving as nothing happened.....)

Edited by Luke