IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

As I understand it, IR was always to be installed after SR, not before, as IR had a set of SR-specific stuff that it enables if it detects SR is installed (in IR's base component, I believe mostly text-related, but also a number of things in IR's Revised Stores component). However, when kreso made his latest betas, he added stuff that patches some items for the petrification, slow, and haste sectype stuff. In other words, both IR and SR need to be installed before each other in order to have everything be how they should...but obviously, they both can't be installed before each other - that's just not possible. So when I made IRR, I put things back to how Demi established them (and what megamod installers like BWS were already doing) by detecting if SR was installed and then patching those affected items to get that sectype stuff, effectively fixing those issues. But of course, for people not using IRR, it means that they still have those incompatibilities with each other - which way you install them determines which set of inconsistencies it'll create. If you're not using IRR but only IR, then I guess you're probably better off installing IR before SR as of now, since that sectype stuff is more important than other inconsistencies...but definitely do not do so if you're using IRR.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I went through IR & SR (original, not Bartimaeus Revisions), and IR main component should be definitely installed before SR. Other IR components can be after SR.

Only IR component that checks for SR is 1030 Store Revisions, which in fact should be installed near end of everything, as it checks for Cursed Items, Rogue Rebalancing, SCS & aTweaks.

I don't know when install order changed in BWS, but BWP (from which BWS took first install order), still install main IR component near beginning.

Again, this is only for main, G3 IR & SR. For Bart's Revisions use his recommended order.

main_component.tpa doesn't use languages\(language)\spell_revisions.tra?

It is just insert of SR spell description if it is overwritten by IR. Irrelevant if SR goes after main IR.

EDIT: check it further, it just changes "Draw Upon Holy Might" to "Draw Upon Divine Might" in upgraded Purifier description.

Edited by Mad Mate

FWIW, original design (v1 and v2) was that install order between SR and IR main components doesn't matter but IR main component should be installed very early, before quest mods, and IR global components should be installed very late. SR was traditionally installed later than the IR main component.

We discussed that it might be a good idea to have a recommended install order so that we could better respond to the presence of the other mod where needed.

(IR's main component sort of presumes that SR will be installed as well at some point, but that's more of a design consideration.)

Why were these posts stuck in here? It was not clear whether Incantatar was using IR or IRR, or whether the problem affected either/both. Both IR's and IRR's Protection from Alterations seemed to have the correct protections, from what we discussed, so it was not clear what the problem was, especially without his weidu.log to see install order.

Also, yeah, IR mostly (but not completely) assumes that SR will be installed as well. You could probably just remove those extra SR-only strings, have SR's main component update those few itself UNLESS it detects that any of IR's extra subcomponents have been installed, in which case it simply lets the inconsistencies stay rather than break item descriptions already updated by Weapon Changes et al., and then put in both IR's and SR's recommended install order that it should be IR's main component first, then SR, then IR's additional components sometime later.

Edited by Bartimaeus

The posts were moved here because (from Incantar's edit) it sounded like he was using IRR. I made a post in the bugfix thread to clarify that bugs found when using IRR should be reported in the IRR thread first, and in the other thread only after determining if they impact IR as well.

Why were these posts stuck in here? It was not clear whether Incantatar was using IR or IRR,

Because Incantatar himself said "Edit: Should have posted in IR Revised thread."

People should not be posting bugs in the IR bug thread if they are using IRR, period. There is no accounting of what exactly is in IRR versus IR, so there is no way for someone who wants to squash some IR bugs to know what they need to do or how they need to do it. It muddies the waters, in other words.

I know you can't really give a full accounting of all the changes in IRR, because there are hundreds or more and you've done it by hand over a very long time, etc. That's all fine; it just means that 1) anyone using IRR does so at their own risk, without complete knowledge of all its contents; and 2) anyone using IRR must forgo support from actual IR, including addressing bugs. There has to be a bright line between them.

Ah, forgive me, I did not see the edit. I'm in agreement, then: it's more my responsibility to see if it applies to IR as well, not anyone else's.

Obviously it is great if you report anything you become aware of regarding IR... but the point is not to foist more of a burden onto your shoulders, merely to keep things clear. ;)

V1.2.2 released:

1. Protection from Alteration, Periapt of Form Stability, and Shapeshifts Mustard Jelly should be reliably protective against SR basilisks. Problem was Basilisks apparently just straight up use the subspell of Flesh to Stone.
  2. Blackmist loses the Paralyzing ability and instead receives the Weakening ability. The target suffers a -1 penalty to THAC0 and damage every time they're hit for 2 rounds.
  3. BG/2EE game ammo, throwable, and potion quantities should be fixed.
  4. Belt of Trollish Fortitude's Regeneration can no longer be dispelled.
  5. Firetooth's damage should be fixed when using Weapon Changes.
Edited by Bartimaeus